Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Summer 2021 Session 2 -- What is YOURPace?
(07-08-2021, 08:56 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(07-08-2021, 05:21 PM)jo629 Wrote: One more question- has anyone taken Cost Accounting? I was assigned to this today by Jessica, and she notified me that it is still being developed and not yet available on the platform, so I will be working directly with the instructor to take the class. Just wondering what to expect if there is nothing on the platform and how the class works? Jessica seems to be out of the office unexpectedly, so I don't want to keep bothering her if I don't have to. If anyone has any info about this class or has taken it I'd greatly appreciate feedback! Smile

Sorry I didn't take any accounting courses at UMPI. I did take 2 classes that weren't on Strut - the learning platform though. Basically I had a few Zoom meetings with the professor. She emailed me the Final Assessment sheet so I would know what I needed to do. Then we had the Zoom meetings. I emailed her questions I had as I was doing the project and then we had a meeting to discuss it when I submitted my rough draft.

(07-08-2021, 08:24 PM)Lupeb Wrote: Is anyone still waiting for grades to come in from last session? Just waiting on my BUS325 grade which is a B (Scored an 84 on the exam) to come in and I can say I am officially all done with my Bachelors!

Grades aren't due yet. They're due on Friday. The term ended on Friday and it was a holiday weekend so the school was closed Friday and Monday. Congratulations!
Had no idea they weren’t even due yet! I was starting to think I did something wrong. 

Thank you!!!
(07-08-2021, 09:14 PM)Lupeb Wrote: Had no idea they weren’t even due yet! I was starting to think I did something wrong. 

Thank you!!!

The college is closed tomorrow. They close on Fridays in the summer. If you don't see your grades on Tuesday send Cody and email. Sometimes professors don't get the email letting them know they have a test to grade.
I'm so happy so many of you are doing so well, and we have new degree holders joining the UMPI alumni family!

I'm going to stop posting MAOL updates for a while. I keep getting people tearing apart my words and trying to push upon me views, etc, via posts and PM when they haven't taken the MAOL themselves.
(07-08-2021, 11:57 PM)ashkir Wrote: I'm going to stop posting MAOL updates for a while. I keep getting people tearing apart my words and trying to push upon me views, etc, via posts and PM when they haven't taken the MAOL themselves.

Oh no. I'm sorry to hear that. That isn't nice.  Sad
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Novo
(07-08-2021, 09:06 PM)HogwartsSchool Wrote:
(07-08-2021, 05:21 PM)jo629 Wrote: One more question- has anyone taken Cost Accounting? I was assigned to this today by Jessica, and she notified me that it is still being developed and not yet available on the platform, so I will be working directly with the instructor to take the class. Just wondering what to expect if there is nothing on the platform and how the class works? Jessica seems to be out of the office unexpectedly, so I don't want to keep bothering her if I don't have to. If anyone has any info about this class or has taken it I'd greatly appreciate feedback! Smile

I took cost accounting. The professor will send the course outline, reading materials, milestones, assessments, and everything else to you directly via email, nothing is through the platform. It's called directed individual study.

Thank you for your feedback! Did you find it any more challenging where it was not through the platform or was it pretty straightforward?

(07-08-2021, 09:14 PM)Lupeb Wrote:

Sorry I didn't take any accounting courses at UMPI. I did take 2 classes that weren't on Strut - the learning platform though. Basically I had a few Zoom meetings with the professor. She emailed me the Final Assessment sheet so I would know what I needed to do. Then we had the Zoom meetings. I emailed her questions I had as I was doing the project and then we had a meeting to discuss it when I submitted my rough draft.

(07-08-2021, 08:24 PM)Lupeb Wrote: Is anyone still waiting for grades to come in from last session? Just waiting on my BUS325 grade which is a B (Scored an 84 on the exam) to come in and I can say I am officially all done with my Bachelors!

Grades aren't due yet. They're due on Friday. The term ended on Friday and it was a holiday weekend so the school was closed Friday and Monday. Congratulations!
Had no idea they weren’t even due yet! I was starting to think I did something wrong. 

Thank you!!!
This may be a silly question, but where do we find our final grades? Is it on Mainestreet?

(07-09-2021, 06:50 AM)jo629 Wrote:
(07-08-2021, 09:06 PM)HogwartsSchool Wrote:

I took cost accounting. The professor will send the course outline, reading materials, milestones, assessments, and everything else to you directly via email, nothing is through the platform. It's called directed individual study.

Thank you for your feedback! Did you find it any more challenging where it was not through the platform or was it pretty straightforward?

(07-08-2021, 09:14 PM)Lupeb Wrote:

Thank you for the feedback! I haven’t heard from the instructor yet, hopefully will today! 

Thank you!!!
This may be a silly question, but where do we find our final grades? Is it on Mainestreet?
(07-08-2021, 11:57 PM)ashkir Wrote: I'm so happy so many of you are doing so well, and we have new degree holders joining the UMPI alumni family!

I'm going to stop posting MAOL updates for a while. I keep getting people tearing apart my words and trying to push upon me views, etc, via posts and PM when they haven't taken the MAOL themselves.
I was enjoying your updates. I've actually started talking with UMPI about a few things because I've shown some of my Sailors your posts and they want to apply. Hopefully we'll see more updates from you again.
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

[-] The following 1 user Likes ROYISAGIRL's post:
  • Novo
You can access your grades on MaineStreet in the Student Services section.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • jo629
(07-09-2021, 12:42 PM)ss20ts Wrote: You can access your grades on MaineStreet in the Student Services section.

Great, thank you!
[-] The following 1 user Likes jo629's post:
  • ss20ts
Awesome. My last grade posted for today. I'm pretty happy. 4.0
[-] The following 2 users Like ashkir's post:
  • cpoteraske, ss20ts
(07-07-2021, 08:14 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(07-07-2021, 06:15 PM)oroseeo Wrote: Im on my 3rd and hopefully my last session at UMPI! I’ve already applied for graduation this term and I’m hoping I can find the strength to complete my last 3 classes this month. I went for the BA Business Administration with a concentration in Management & Leadership.

Here are my last 3 courses:

HUM 103 Creative Decision Making
BUS 489 Business Policy & Strategy
BUS 469 Strategic Management Communication

I’m currently working on HUM 103 and trying to find a topic I wouldn’t mind writing about for the next 3 discussion posts. Is the final based on the same topic?

Any tips for the other courses?

I had 10 courses I had to complete at UMPI. Below are my previous completed courses.

Spring Session 2:
BUS 244 Management Info Systems
BUS 325 Financial Management
BUS 353 Legal & Ethical Issues in Bus

Summer Session 1:
BUS 240 Change Management
BUS 260 Leadership
BUS 415 Operations Management
BUS 440 Business Analytics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me Financial Management was the hardest class. It was the longest content wise. It was soooo much info. Lots of math. I didn't take the 3 you have left. Good luck!
I hear you! I finished my first 3 classes pretty easily. Financial management is kicking my butt. It's definitely very long. I'm doing okay on the multiple choice questions for the personalized assessments, but I'm struggling way too much with the milestones. ?

(07-07-2021, 06:15 PM)oroseeo Wrote: Im on my 3rd and hopefully my last session at UMPI! I’ve already applied for graduation this term and I’m hoping I can find the strength to complete my last 3 classes this month. I went for the BA Business Administration with a concentration in Management & Leadership.

Here are my last 3 courses:

HUM 103 Creative Decision Making
BUS 489 Business Policy & Strategy
BUS 469 Strategic Management Communication

I’m currently working on HUM 103 and trying to find a topic I wouldn’t mind writing about for the next 3 discussion posts. Is the final based on the same topic?

Any tips for the other courses?

I had 10 courses I had to complete at UMPI. Below are my previous completed courses.

Spring Session 2:
BUS 244 Management Info Systems
BUS 325 Financial Management
BUS 353 Legal & Ethical Issues in Bus

Summer Session 1:
BUS 240 Change Management
BUS 260 Leadership
BUS 415 Operations Management
BUS 440 Business Analytics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you've started it, how do you like BUS 469? I'm thinking of taking that as my next elective.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  YourPace to regular online courses? RachelB 17 702 04-05-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Yourpace psychology degree PSY 496: Practicum Schlafen 12 1,542 04-02-2024, 08:48 AM
  What is considered FT at UMPI YourPace for the Pell Grant? RachelB 3 295 03-26-2024, 05:50 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study Plan to Earn 30 Credits in a Single 8-week Session FM1 14 1,618 03-04-2024, 11:49 PM
Last Post: CCCollege
  Yourpace admissions emcube 3 369 02-22-2024, 12:33 AM
  Commencement question (YourPace) rrrr 4 320 02-21-2024, 01:53 PM
  I've been accepted into the Spring 2 session at UMPI! FM1 10 906 01-28-2024, 11:30 PM
  Fastest UMPI YourPace degree with these credits RachelSG 4 956 01-24-2024, 05:11 PM
  Need help picking a degree for YourPace. SLHos 5 544 01-18-2024, 07:16 AM
Last Post: Duneranger
  UMPI YourPace Catalog Summer 2023 grogers14 20 6,940 01-17-2024, 06:01 PM