Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Summer 2022 Session 1 -- What is YOURPace?
Hello Just began YourPace courses and excited to be here.   Currently taking Human Resources.   Navigating took a little to get use to yesterday and making sure I was doing it correct was questionable.  However after doing the chapter assessments /quizzes and completing all of them it unlocked the final.  So even though I passed over sections by completing the quizzes with 100% and “Confidence”  I guess I’m doing it right  Big Grin  I’m  going to go back through the quizzes again prior to taking the final.   Anyone know how many questions are on this final?
I started SPA101 on monday and found the system to be clunky and the questions worded confusingly. However, not a game stopper. I completed all the lessons and am submitting the final tonight. I was told I am too advanced for Spanish 101/102, so I taking French as my second language course. Good luck with the final.
DBA Organization Leadership - South - Expected April 2024
BA Political Science and History - UMPI - 2022
MS Cybersecurity & Information Assurance - WGU - 2021
BS Computer Science - Park U - 2018
MBA Public Administration - CSU - 2016
BS Management - Park U - 2010
AAS Communications Technology - CCAF - 2008

CEH/CHFI/SEC+/NET+/Proj+/CISSP
kidneysmasher Wrote:I started SPA101 on monday and found the system to be clunky and the questions worded confusingly. However, not a game stopper. I completed all the lessons and am submitting the final tonight. I was told I am too advanced for Spanish 101/102, so I taking French as my second language course. Good luck with the final.

LOL, they're making you do another language? Can't they give you the credit for the courses then? I mean, it's like getting an ACE course completed would probably be faster.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(05-11-2022, 12:42 AM)kidneysmasher Wrote: I started SPA101 on monday and found the system to be clunky and the questions worded confusingly. However, not a game stopper. I completed all the lessons and am submitting the final tonight. I was told I am too advanced for Spanish 101/102, so I taking French as my second language course. Good luck with the final.

It's probably because you went through the class so fast. Don't finish French in a 1 day!
I have a question regarding the conversation above ^

Is going through the courses too fast a problem in general? I submitted a class yesterday, just had a class added yesterday (POS 101) and am already preparing to turn that draft in. I am worried about requesting another course as I just asked for one yesterday! I am not working currently so pretty much everything is about getting classes done now. Just want to make sure I'm not going through TOO fast.
That's the point of self-paced courses Smile go through as slow or as quickly as you need to.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Spanish & French may penalize you for going too fast (which is part of why we suggest getting your foreign language elsewhere), but it's fine to go fast for everything else.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Pikachu
(05-12-2022, 02:13 PM)futureteacher0 Wrote: I have a question regarding the conversation above ^

Is going through the courses too fast a problem in general? I submitted a class yesterday, just had a class added yesterday (POS 101) and am already preparing to turn that draft in. I am worried about requesting another course as I just asked for one yesterday! I am not working currently so pretty much everything is about getting classes done now. Just want to make sure I'm not going through TOO fast.

It doesn't impact other courses. The foreign languages state that 101 and 102 are for those without previous knowledge. Fully completing a foreign language course in 1 day says you are already really knowledgable.
(05-12-2022, 02:13 PM)futureteacher0 Wrote: I have a question regarding the conversation above ^

To be fair, POS 101 should be elementary to anyone that was born in North America, especially the United States. It's such a basic understanding of how the American political system works, and how, it can also be broken. 

The course serves as a baseline in many requirements, to ensure students understand the basics of American law and political structure before they dive into more narrow focuses.
(05-10-2022, 10:10 PM)tpaulding0471 Wrote: Hello Just began YourPace courses and excited to be here.   Currently taking Human Resources.   Navigating took a little to get use to yesterday and making sure I was doing it correct was questionable.  However after doing the chapter assessments /quizzes and completing all of them it unlocked the final.  So even though I passed over sections by completing the quizzes with 100% and “Confidence”  I guess I’m doing it right  Big Grin  I’m  going to go back through the quizzes again prior to taking the final.   Anyone know how many questions are on this final?
Curious, how long is the final exam for Human Resources?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  minimum age for UMPI students YourPace EducationSeeker 0 36 8 hours ago
Last Post: EducationSeeker
  need advice on YourPace BBA Project Mgmt and Info Systems EducationSeeker 4 91 Yesterday, 06:22 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI YourPace BLS w/ Management Minor Reference Plan valentvne 0 48 Yesterday, 05:48 PM
Last Post: valentvne
  YourPace to regular online courses? RachelB 17 729 04-05-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Yourpace psychology degree PSY 496: Practicum Schlafen 12 1,574 04-02-2024, 08:48 AM
  What is considered FT at UMPI YourPace for the Pell Grant? RachelB 3 309 03-26-2024, 05:50 AM
  Study Plan to Earn 30 Credits in a Single 8-week Session FM1 14 1,658 03-04-2024, 11:49 PM
Last Post: CCCollege
  Yourpace admissions emcube 3 375 02-22-2024, 12:33 AM
  Commencement question (YourPace) rrrr 4 335 02-21-2024, 01:53 PM
  I've been accepted into the Spring 2 session at UMPI! FM1 10 919 01-28-2024, 11:30 PM