Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TAMUC BAAS Organizational Leadership - Only 15 Classes To Go!
Unfortunately, no one on this board knows what the capstones at TAMUC are like.

Capstones are like a mini-undergraduate thesis. They’re more popular in Europe and gaining traction here in the states. The description of the TAMUC capstone says you have to analyze and propose a solution to a business problem. This allows you to use your current work experience to actually propose and implement a change that will benefit your current career.
IN-PROGRESS:
???

MAYBE:
Texas A&M University-Commerce - BGS

COMPLETED:
Southeast Tourism Society - TMP (02/2020)
Pierpont Community and Technical College - AAS BOG, AOE: English (12/2018)
FEMA - PDS Certificate (04/30/2014)
GED (11/16/2004)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tedium's post:
  • Vle045
(03-17-2022, 11:42 AM)Tedium Wrote: Unfortunately, no one on this board knows what the capstones at TAMUC are like.

Capstones are like a mini-undergraduate thesis. They’re more popular in Europe and gaining traction here in the states. The description of the TAMUC capstone says you have to analyze and propose a solution to a business problem. This allows you to use your current work experience to actually propose and implement a change that will benefit your current career.

Hmm… I wonder if I could use it to solve staffing issues.  LOL.   We are so understaffed and are trying to get the bigwigs to see that.  And our staffing is also based on what is required by law.  That could tie in to Business or Occupational Leadership, right????
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vle045's post:
  • Tedium
Hmm, I really wonder.. I think they made the program to have two capstones because it will be more similar to schools who have a seminar and capstone or thesis combo.  Some schools have either one or the other, I don't really know whey they would have both though.  As merlin mentioned in this thread, there is a learning "taught" and a "research" part.  Here's an example of a seminar option:  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid315836
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(03-17-2022, 01:18 PM)Vle045 Wrote: Hmm… I wonder if I could use it to solve staffing issues.  LOL.   We are so understaffed and are trying to get the bigwigs to see that.  And our staffing is also based on what is required by law.  That could tie in to Business or Occupational Leadership, right????

I mean, I know how to solve staffing issues. 1) Pay more, 2) have a hospitable working environment. Smile Done.
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
[-] The following 1 user Likes Flelm's post:
  • jsd
(03-17-2022, 03:06 PM)Flelm Wrote:
(03-17-2022, 01:18 PM)Vle045 Wrote: Hmm… I wonder if I could use it to solve staffing issues.  LOL.   We are so understaffed and are trying to get the bigwigs to see that.  And our staffing is also based on what is required by law.  That could tie in to Business or Occupational Leadership, right????

I mean, I know how to solve staffing issues. 1) Pay more, 2) have a hospitable working environment. Smile Done.

Well maybe.  Although in my situation, the staffing issue is a matter of the department heads convincing the upper brass that we actually need to hire a lot more people.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)

[-] The following 2 users Like Vle045's post:
  • Flelm, rachel83az
(03-17-2022, 03:12 PM)Vle045 Wrote:
(03-17-2022, 03:06 PM)Flelm Wrote:

Well maybe.  Although in my situation, the staffing issue is a matter of the department heads convincing the upper brass that we actually need to hire a lot more people.

I've found the upper brass listen to numbers. If you dazzle them with pie charts and graphs and projected ROIs, they're more likely to say yes. The math don't lie. 

On another note...A forum user named Goldendoodle101 had entered the TAMUC program in 2020, but stopped posting about it shortly after starting. They indicated on another thread that they graduated WGU in June of 2020. I'm not sure if that suggests they dropped the TAMUC program and did WGU instead or what.... But I wish they were still active on the forum so we could ask questions.

TAMUC uses the Brightspace learning platform rather than Canvas or Blackboard. U of Memphis also uses this and I found it to be really frustrating when taking classes. Maybe I'm dumb but it seemed like there was always a required page to get marked complete that would be difficult to find. Digging around trying to find the missing page or quiz to get checked off would hold me up from finishing modules. One of my hesitations about the BAAS is I'm not sure I have the patience to fight with Brightspace for 11 classes. The sort of walkthrough semi-class they made me take before registering me for other classes was buggy like that.
[-] The following 2 users Like ReyMysterioso's post:
  • Tedium, Vle045
(03-18-2022, 10:43 AM)raycathode Wrote: TAMUC uses the Brightspace learning platform rather than Canvas or Blackboard. U of Memphis also uses this and I found it to be really frustrating when taking classes. Maybe I'm dumb but it seemed like there was always a required page to get marked complete that would be difficult to find. Digging around trying to find the missing page or quiz to get checked off would hold me up from finishing modules. One of my hesitations about the BAAS is I'm not sure I have the patience to fight with Brightspace for 11 classes. The sort of walkthrough semi-class they made me take before registering me for other classes was buggy like that.

Brightspace is better for colleges because it is cloud-based. PUG and SNHU use Brightspace. It's the best option in the market right now.
https://www.d2l.com/customers/southern-n...niversity/
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(03-18-2022, 12:03 PM)LevelUP Wrote:
(03-18-2022, 10:43 AM)raycathode Wrote: TAMUC uses the Brightspace learning platform rather than Canvas or Blackboard. U of Memphis also uses this and I found it to be really frustrating when taking classes. Maybe I'm dumb but it seemed like there was always a required page to get marked complete that would be difficult to find. Digging around trying to find the missing page or quiz to get checked off would hold me up from finishing modules. One of my hesitations about the BAAS is I'm not sure I have the patience to fight with Brightspace for 11 classes. The sort of walkthrough semi-class they made me take before registering me for other classes was buggy like that.

Brightspace is better for colleges because it is cloud-based. PUG and SNHU use Brightspace. It's the best option in the market right now.
https://www.d2l.com/customers/southern-n...niversity/

Best for the university maybe. Not sure it's the best for the student. Hard to beat Canvas.
What an awesome post OP!!! I think you have helped me make the decision to go the same exact route as you. I live just north of Austin and $1500 for a degree sounds too good to pass up. I've probably got at least 4-5 months of study.com and sophia classes before I could even think about applying.
[-] The following 1 user Likes teejayb's post:
  • Vle045
I emailed Tara and asked about the Capstones. It’s a pretty reasonable question since they didn’t exist when I got my first degree. I kind of like the answer on Capstone 1.

“In Cap I you will interview a leader to discuss how they lead and compare that to what you’ve learned in the program”
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TAMUC BAAS ORGL DONE! txc1500 5 76 6 hours ago
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  TAMUC class review ltw900rr 26 4,343 04-10-2024, 08:37 PM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  TAMUC Happy first day of Spring 1 ltw900rr 41 2,765 04-10-2024, 05:17 PM
  TAMUC Competency Based Program List bjcheung77 86 12,810 04-07-2024, 12:02 AM
Last Post: Bsnipedavis
  Bsnipedavis - TAMUC - Assistance Requested Bsnipedavis 20 2,426 03-16-2024, 08:50 AM
  TAMUC RN-to-BSN Competency Based ReyMysterioso 8 500 02-17-2024, 07:04 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  TAMUC ORGL - Complete! fromthedepths 10 1,402 01-11-2024, 12:29 PM
Last Post: fromthedepths
  TAMUC - Sophia advanced hours telldomis 3 603 01-11-2024, 01:08 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TAMUC Org Leadership-six UL credits needed StoicJ 20 2,561 12-13-2023, 09:11 PM
  What are UMass Global MyPath classes like? pluggingalong 14 3,460 12-01-2023, 01:20 PM
Last Post: ashkir