Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TECEP->CLEP Equivalency Question
I plan on taking TECEPs and using these on a TESC transcript as prereqs for an allied health program at community college, thus saving money on taking CLEPS to meet the prereqs (will be using the TECEPs to meet TESC residency requirements in the ppc enrollment option at the same time). Any thoughts on which TECEPS are equivalent to the following CLEPs:

Humanities
Human Growth and Development
English (with composition)
Introductory Psychology
College Algebra

Have a pretty good idea regarding the last three, but am lost on TECEPs equivalent to the Humanities CLEP and the Human Growth and Development CLEP...
I normally try to stick to answering the question at hand, but I'm confused on how exactly TECEPs save money compared to CLEP? With proctor fees, they are about the same?
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
Prloko Wrote:I normally try to stick to answering the question at hand, but I'm confused on how exactly TECEPs save money compared to CLEP? With proctor fees, they are about the same?

If I can use the TECEPs instead of CLEPS to fulfill the community college's allied health prereqs I'd be killing two birds with one stone by (a) meeting the residency requirements for TESC under the ppc enrollment plan as well as (b) not having to duplicate the credits for CC by having to take CLEPS too (which would not help me with TESC residency).
There are no TECEP equivalencies for some of those CLEP exams. Luckily for most of us, the TECEP's cover things we can't take via exam elsewhere, including lots of UL exams.

Obviously you can take English Comp I and College Algebra as TECEPs. But there is no Human Growth & Dev TECEP, and no obvious alternative to it. Maybe for Humanities, an alternate TECEP might be Music History II (it is considered a Humanities course), for Intro to Psych, an alternate would be Psych of Women.

While I understand your wanting to take TECEP's to meet your requirements, it would probably be easier if you contacted your CC and checked to make sure that they would take TECEP exams at all (they might not), and then if there were alternatives they would accept to those particular requirements.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I don't think there are TECEPs that are the exact equivalent to CLEP for Humanities, Introductory Psychology and Human Development. There are a couple of TECEPs categorized as humanities but not as broad as the Humanities CLEP. There are a few TECEPs classified as social sciences but does not cover Human Growth and Development or Introductory Psychology specifically. There are a couple psychology TECEPs Psychology of Women and Abnormal Psychology. There are two English Comp TECEPs (3 credits each) and a College Algebra TECEP.

Thomas Edison State College: All TECEPÂ Tests
TESC AAS CJ, December 2015
Working on TESU BA CJ/PSY March 2018

TECEP: Marriage and Family, Abnormal Psy, Intro to Soc, Psy of Women, Public Relations, Computer Concepts and Applications, Liberal Arts Math
ECE: Cultural Diversity, Juvenile Delinquency, Workplace Communications, Business Information Systems
DSST: Criminal Justice, Principles of Supervision, Substance Abuse
PF: Principles of Loss Prevention, White Collar Crime, Criminal Law
Propero: Victimology, Criminology, Intro to Homeland Security, Juvenile Justice, Criminal Justice Ethics
The Institutes: Ethics Course
AP: American History
FHSU: Justice in the Information Age
NOCTI Business Solutions: Protective Services, Security and Protective Services
Schmoop: Drugs in Lit
Thanks guys!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,700 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  Courses/Exams at a Cheaper Price and TESU Admissions Question UnbreakablyDetermined 12 4,496 09-09-2018, 08:41 PM
Last Post: davewill
  GPA Question mysonx3 10 2,687 08-26-2018, 11:51 AM
Last Post: katelynn
  Question about TESU UL Requirements mysonx3 1 1,759 08-21-2018, 10:09 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Equivalency Question dexter1326 4 2,004 08-16-2018, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  booking tecep exams shendaddy 4 1,809 08-16-2018, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Kelly Green
Question Can I send CLEP/DSST scores for 2 Bachelor Degrees? elenlushk 3 1,833 08-16-2018, 11:07 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  TECEP - do I have to wait until the start of a Term to take the exam? Kelly Green 4 2,044 08-16-2018, 09:04 AM
  TESU - apply as non-matriculating student, or TECEP only? Kelly Green 0 1,202 08-13-2018, 05:11 PM
  TESU Course equivalency question. jbwyo 6 2,027 08-10-2018, 11:00 PM
Last Post: dfrecore