Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
TEEX Death Investigation,Study Guide Question
Hi, this is my first post and I want to start by saying thanks to everyone who has contributed knowledge and experiences here. I have completed over 30 credits in two weeks via Sophia and, combined with prior credits from a traditional B&M university, am fairly close to satisfying the requirements for a TESU BALS.

I have signed up for the TEEX Death Investigation course to fill my last 3 UL credits. For those of you who have taken this course, did you print out the Study Guide and fill-in the blanks as you navigated the modules? I ask because it is over 340 pages in length.
(05-10-2020, 10:44 AM)geteit Wrote: Hi, this is my first post and I want to start by saying thanks to everyone who has contributed knowledge and experiences here. I have completed over 30 credits in two weeks via Sophia and, combined with prior credits from a traditional B&M university, am fairly close to satisfying the requirements for a TESU BALS.

I have signed up for the TEEX Death Investigation course to fill my last 3 UL credits. For those of you who have taken this course, did you print out the Study Guide and fill-in the blanks as you navigated the modules? I ask because it is over 340 pages in length.

Hello and welcome to the board! Congrats on your first post!

I took the Death Investigation course and didn't feel like it was necessary to print out the Study Guide based on the other TEEX courses I took. If you follow the coursework online, you should be well prepared for the exam. Also, it has been almost a year since I took the final so I don't remember if it was "open book" or not. I'm sure someone else on the board has taken it more recently and could clarify that.

OldManOfTheSea
[-] The following 2 users Like OldManOfTheSea's post:
  • geteit, nomaduser
...............I am utterly convinced this site is at the same time the most positive and most destructive entity in the world of alternative credit.
[-] The following 3 users Like ARhead's post:
  • a4tunatemom, ctcarl, letterchaser202
(05-10-2020, 10:44 AM)geteit Wrote: Hi, this is my first post and I want to start by saying thanks to everyone who has contributed knowledge and experiences here. I have completed over 30 credits in two weeks via Sophia and, combined with prior credits from a traditional B&M university, am fairly close to satisfying the requirements for a TESU BALS.

I completed this course in February.  I did download and review extensively the "Death Investigation Online" pdf.  I think that's the one you mean, because it was over 300 pages.  There's also the "Death Investigation Guide", which as I recall, was an online companion tool.

I didn't print out the pdf.  It had many detailed photos, flowcharts and guides.  I didn't think any of that would reproduce well on paper, at least not on a monochrome printer.  I did make scratch notes here and there for some of the modules.

I wanted to ask. How did it go with this? What did you do to study?
Composition Modular- 52 (3 cr)
Analyzing & Interpreting Literature 52 (6 cr)
College Composition- 50 (6 cr)
I just completed this course a couple of weeks ago & I didn't use the study guide at all.
Completed:
Pierpont Community & Technical College | BOG A.A.S. | AOE: Communication [Graduated 12/08/23]
111 college credits as of January 2024 [40 credits completed @ 4-yr college; 71 credits from CLEP, Coopersmith, InstantCert, Lawshelf, Sophia, & TEEX]

In progress: 
UMPI Bachelor of Liberal Studies [Management minor]
Sophia: Human Biology Lab, French I & Business Communication

(09-24-2020, 05:31 PM)Michelle779 Wrote: I just completed this course a couple of weeks ago & I didn't use the study guide at all.

Nice. You must have already studied similar courses.
Composition Modular- 52 (3 cr)
Analyzing & Interpreting Literature 52 (6 cr)
College Composition- 50 (6 cr)
(09-24-2020, 05:52 PM)mrskitty Wrote:
(09-24-2020, 05:31 PM)Michelle779 Wrote: I just completed this course a couple of weeks ago & I didn't use the study guide at all.

Nice. You must have already studied similar courses.

No I hadn't studied anything similar prior to. The answers were pretty much in the modules.
Completed:
Pierpont Community & Technical College | BOG A.A.S. | AOE: Communication [Graduated 12/08/23]
111 college credits as of January 2024 [40 credits completed @ 4-yr college; 71 credits from CLEP, Coopersmith, InstantCert, Lawshelf, Sophia, & TEEX]

In progress: 
UMPI Bachelor of Liberal Studies [Management minor]
Sophia: Human Biology Lab, French I & Business Communication

I just completed this course today. I went through every section and kept the PDF file open on the computer when I took the exam.
Universal Life Church- PhD Philosophy in Religion (This was a funny vanity degree)
WGU- MS Management and Leadership- 2021
TESU- BALS concentration Social Science & ASNSM Computer Science- 2021
Red Rocks CC- Associates of General Studies
U of California- Project Management - 2021
Texas A&M Extension Engineering Service- Death Investigation, Information Risk Management, Disaster Recovery for Information Systems, Cyber Incident Analysis & Response, Disaster Recovery for Information Systems, Cyber Ethics, Cyber Law &White Collar Crime, Information Security for Everyone- 2016
State of Nevada- TAM & Alcohol Awareness Certification- 2015 
Allegra Learning LLC- Food, Nutrition, and Health- 2015
Dept of Homeland Security- Continuity of Operation, Protecting Your Home or Small Business from Disaster, Decision Making & Problem Solving, Effective Communication, Leadership & Influence- 2008
FAA- certified Flight attendant
(09-25-2020, 10:31 AM)collegechick Wrote: I just completed this course today.  I went through every section and kept the PDF file open on the computer when I took the exam.

Is it allowed? Is the exam not proctored?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 8 679 04-08-2024, 11:32 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Sophia Spanish Touchstone Question JohnD 2 236 04-03-2024, 11:26 PM
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,276 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,583 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 468,061 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 727 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Credly Badge Denied, TEEX Disaster Management for Water & Wastewater Utilities sixdegreesandamovie 3 302 03-07-2024, 11:46 AM
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 357 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,024 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Question Promo Codes, SL vs Sophia Breaachh 11 755 02-11-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: Breaachh