Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(TESC) Academic Advising issues with acceptable responsibility credit
I put in a degree plan update request recently, as I wanted to have better proof of my degree plan/progress towards award packages as well as tuition assistance requests.

My credits got juggled around a bit by the system due to my TECEPs, to the point that Living in the Information Age fell out of my general electives, while Psychology of Women, supposed to be a Social Responsibility elective, got placed in the GE slot instead.

Today I received a reply stating that while my original projected Responsibility elective has been removed (Intro to Sociology), neither Psychology of Women nor Living in the Information Age would fit in my Responsibility elective requirement, and to consider taking one from a given list instead to fulfill it.

Said list included Psychology of Women right on it, and is in fact the only Psychology course they had listed.

Has this happened to anyone else? I've saved the reply I received (which was its own separate HTML page for some reason), and requested them to reconsider it. This just seems silly to me though, when the very class I'm not supposed to take (Psychology of Women) is right on there.
You have to be very patient with TESC employees. I don't know where they recruit these people.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
see the following posts
http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...post174183
http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...post175386

Edit: I'm happy to see they finally added it to the official TESC GenEd course list. http://www.tesc.edu/academics/courses/Ge...cfm#Social
Obviously the person who answered your query did not realize the list was revised. TESC can sometimes be slow incorporating/adapting to changes but in the end it all works out.

Once this problem is fixed print an electronic copy of the updated evaluation. Then the next time this happens you can simply attach a copy to the ticket. Makes life easier for both you and them. Good luck!

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
sanantone Wrote:You have to be very patient with TESC employees. I don't know where they recruit these people.
It is probably an outsourced call center.
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
OK, small update. They recognized the class as counting now, with no reference to how the very list I gave them (that bricabrac also posted) already had Psychology of Women, as shown here (posted directly, can't be bothered to format now):

Personal and Social Responsibility Elective (Completed)
!! Exception
PSY-270 ok here

Src Course # Title S.H. Grd TESC # Notes
2.. PSY-270... Psychology of Women...... 3.00 CR

Yes, it says "ok here" in its own spot. It made me chuckle, but at least I'm more confident with how close I am to completion.

That said, I'm back again to "needing" a 1-credit business class, as they shuffled my completed credits again to my General Electives requirement, instead of placing Living in the Information Age, that I planned a long time ago with an advisor and a class I'm already enrolled in, as a projected course. Oh well, I'm sure it will fix itself in time.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,857 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Does TESU put the free Ethics class from the Institutes as a grade or just as credit? Jenna.C 19 5,458 09-14-2018, 12:27 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
Question Does anyone have a copy of a TESU Credit Bank transcript they'd be will to post? Kelly Green 2 2,067 08-30-2018, 04:46 PM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  Unofficial DegreeForum Wiki - Credit by Exam info, Degree Plans, etc dcan 43 26,927 08-17-2018, 11:29 AM
Last Post: elenlushk
  TESU - BSBA HR spreadsheet? UL AOS credit suggestions allvia 7 2,668 08-12-2018, 07:47 PM
Last Post: Jimmy999
  DSST credit on TESU Individual Learning Account (Credit Bank)? Kelly Green 6 2,002 08-11-2018, 01:11 PM
Last Post: jsd
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,626 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  Where can you find UL credit in STEM areas to test out of for credit miah 8 2,100 06-23-2018, 07:04 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Statistics credit transfer from study.com waterpaper 2 1,595 06-14-2018, 08:57 AM
Last Post: jsh1138
  COSC gen ed classes, from SL or credit by testing pluggingalong 10 2,615 05-14-2018, 02:00 PM
Last Post: randomatom