Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESC BS-BA Roadmap Help Please!
I've been working at developing a 'Roadmap' for 2 days and can't seem to make heads or tales out of it. I've searched and searched this website and many others, but just seem to be suffering from information overload or something.

If someone is willing, I'd sure appreciate some new eyes and opinions on what direction I need to go.

First, I'm leaning toward TESC (more flexibility for me, I think) and I would really like a BS Business Administration (Focus on Procurement/Contracts), but would be okay with a BS Liberal Studies. For my job, a BS is a BS and very soon I won't be able to get a promotion without a degree.

Here is what I have B&M:
MGMT254 - BUSINESS COMMUNICATIONS Cr 3
BUS150 - INTRODUCTION TO BUSINESS Cr 3.3
BUSINESS MATH Cr 2.7
COMMUNICATION 1 Cr 2
TYPING 1 Cr 2.7
HUMAN RELATIONS Cr 2
COMMUNICATION 2 Cr 2
BUSINESS RECORDS Cr 2.7
TYPING 2 Cr 2.7
MGMT265 - BUSINESS LAW Cr 3.3
CIS170- COMPUTER INFORMATION SYSTEMS Cr 2.7
WORD PROCESSING Cr 2
TYPING 3 Cr 2.7
OFFICE PRACTICE & PROCEDURES Cr 5.3
SUPERVISED WORK EXPERIENCE Cr 4
MATH150 - COLLEGE ALGEBRA Cr 3

Additionally, I have the following government contracting courses that are ACE accredited (all except 3 as noted are supposed to be Upper Level credits):
CON100 - SHAPING SMART BUSINESS ARRANGEMENTS Cr 2
CON237 - SIMPLIFIED ACQUISITION PROCEDURES Cr 2
MCI - ADVANCED SIMPLIFIED ACQUISITION PROCEDURES Cr 2
BOMI - FUNDAMENTALS OF REAL PROPERTY ADMINISTRATION Cr 2
CON110 - MISSION SUPPORT PLANNING Cr 1 (Lower level)
CON111 - MISSION STRATEGY EXECUTION Cr 1 (Lower level)
CON112 - MISSION PERFORMANCE ASSESSMENT Cr 1 (Lower level)
CON120 - MISSION FOCUSED CONTRACTING Cr 3
MCI - PERFORMANCE-BASED SERVICE ACQUISITION Cr 2

Since most of my classes/training are business, am I close enough to a BS BA that I can reasonabley test my way there or should I look at the BS LS?

Second - where do all these classes fit in the TESC Roadmap?

I would really appreciate any help with figuring out what direction to go.

Thanks in advance,
Blessedx5
aka Laura
Totally doable

Pre-Reqs:
Business Communication - COMPLETED
Macroeconomics - CLEP
Microeconomics - CLEP
Statistics - DSST
Pre-Calc - ALEKS (ACE)

Business Core:
Principles of Management - CLEP
Principles of Marketing - CLEP
Financial Accounting - CLEP
Managerial Accounting - NO TEST, (but you can take a STRAIGHTERLINE OR PENN FOSTER SELF-PACED course and complete in less than 30 days)
Finance - DSST
Business Policy - TECEP which is a Thomas Edison exam
Business in Society/Intl Business - DSST (new ethics test which qualifies)
Business Law - COMPLETED
Intro to Computers - COMPLETED

plus a business Area of Study (18 hours)

I would suggest that you either go for the General business degree or the Learner Designed Area of Study and apply your misc business credits. If you still need a few more than you can take a handful of DSST's like Intro to Bus and Supervision.
Excelsior - BS Business 2008
Son #1 TESC BSBA Computer Information Systems completed June 2010
Son #2 TESC BA Computer Science completed November 2010 Currently in Florida State (FSU) Masters CS program and loving it
Thank you Geezer,

How hard is it to get TESC to do a Learner Designed Area of Study? The 18 credit hours I have are in Government Purchasing/Contracts (with one BOMI Real Estate Class thrown in cause they needed another body). Do I have to be a paying student to get them to evaluate my credits for the LDAS?

Not to sound like a complete Moron... but is the list you gave pretty complete as far as what else I need? I feel like I need a lot more than the classes you listed.

Thanks again,
Laura
Laura, just have a eval do at the school. It cost $75 and it take approx. 6 to 7 weeks to complete. Just send all of your transcripts to them along with your application and see how they award credit for everyhting you already have done.

Also go on TESC website and print out the degree you are interested in and see how your current transcripts match up. It looks like you possible need some General Electives and such. So you could start doing some of those while you wait for your eval to be completed. I second Geezer recommendation for General business degree or the Learner Designed Area of Study. The Learner Designed Area might work better for you with all of your different credits.
"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."~ Henry David

BA Humanities - TESC
AAS Construction and Facilities Support - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC
Certificate Interior Design - MCC
Certificate Management - MCC
It's definitely worth a $75 investment to get them to evaluate my transcripts -- even though 6-7 weeks sounds like f-o-r-e-v-e-r. It's only been 30-something years since I started this trek, I supposed another 6-7 weeks won't matter.

Thanks for the input!

Happy 4th of July!
:patriot:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,675 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  Help! TESU roadmap for my intended double major DarthArbiter00 3 1,556 02-21-2018, 06:15 PM
Last Post: davewill
Question Psych electives for TESC Psych degree KatePsychology 4 1,459 02-08-2018, 11:08 AM
Last Post: jsd
Thumbs Up Roadmap Refinement Help? TESU BALS MSK9 30 6,351 02-01-2018, 06:57 PM
Last Post: MSK9
  Help with Academic Eval TESC jayboy 8 2,207 02-01-2018, 02:46 PM
Last Post: davewill
  BSBA Roadmap review Blackstar12 4 1,883 01-16-2018, 02:54 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Newbie looking for a roadmap for TESC associate degree in computer science nevsage 6 3,997 01-04-2018, 11:11 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  ajs1976 TESC BSBA accountability thread ajs1976 41 10,379 01-02-2018, 11:27 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Question TESU Accounting Degree Roadmap and Other Questions waterpaper 3 2,812 11-18-2017, 01:05 AM
Last Post: tesu-acct-student
  UExcel Business Information Systems TESC Equivalency laughter 4 1,782 11-09-2017, 11:47 PM
Last Post: jsh1138