Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESC Bachelor's to Master's Program
Sorry if this has already been discussed... I don't visit the forum as often any more.

I received an email from Thomas Edison about the newly revised Bachelor's to Master's program which allows you to earn 9 credits that will apply to both your Bachelor's and Master's degrees, thus saving more time and money.

More information here: Thomas Edison State College | Bachelor's to Master's Program
-Andrew T.
[SIZE="1"]
Finished: 120 credits! [BSBA Thomas Edison State College] See my degree plan here.
[/SIZE]
Now Available for Amazon Kindle: How to Test Out of Your First Year of College (And More)
Grrr I would be ALL OVER this if it weren't for the required "60 undergraduate credits toward a bachelor's degree at the College."
Kyle
TESC Liberal Studies BA - 2011
New Charter University MPA - 2012
Georgetown University School of Law - 2016

BA in Liberal Studies - Degree Outline|

Galations 6:9 - "Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up."
KyleH Wrote:Grrr I would be ALL OVER this if it weren't for the required "60 undergraduate credits toward a bachelor's degree at the College."
Yeah, that really is a back breaker. It would be much cheaper to clep / fema / whatever out of the BS / BA and then enroll in the MS / MA program. Don't see this being popular at all.
I m edumakated thanx to distunce lerning.

MEd, Texas A&M University, 2018
MBA, University of North Dakota, 2014
MS, University of Illinois Springfield, 2010
BSBA, Thomas Edison State University, 2008
AS / AAS, Tidewater Community College, 2004
Poor TESC. They are probably upset that so many people graduate from them without doing many undergrad classes and then fail to convert those students to masters students.

I think they should come onto a site like this and learn how to help people like us achieve our goals while taking advantage of more of their courses.

If they only required 24 credits at TESC I think it would be a much more attractive option. Half of those 24 could be made up of a capstone the three masters courses.

Does anyone know if a person could pay the normal rate for graduate management classes and have those apply to their undergrad and masters?
BSBA CIS from TESC, BA Natural Science/Math from TESC
MBA Applied Computer Science from NCU
Enrolled at NCU in the PhD Applied Computer Science
Levi Wrote:Sorry if this has already been discussed... I don't visit the forum as often any more.

I received an email from Thomas Edison about the newly revised Bachelor's to Master's program which allows you to earn 9 credits that will apply to both your Bachelor's and Master's degrees, thus saving more time and money.

More information here: Thomas Edison State College | Bachelor's to Master's Program

That's a cool change! They have always allowed you to use 6, but 9 seems pretty great!
bawhitsett Wrote:Yeah, that really is a back breaker. It would be much cheaper to clep / fema / whatever out of the BS / BA and then enroll in the MS / MA program. Don't see this being popular at all.

TESC is NOT cheaper. I like the double dipping though, especially if you are planning grad school anyway. You can get your 9 credits upper level done and apply them back in. I wouldn't apply to any of the master's programs outright though, they are VERY expensive for what you get.
cookderosa Wrote:TESC is NOT cheaper. I like the double dipping though, especially if you are planning grad school anyway. You can get your 9 credits upper level done and apply them back in. I wouldn't apply to any of the master's programs outright though, they are VERY expensive for what you get.
I was saying it would be cheaper from the perspective of sticking with TESC for your BS and MS to knock the BS out as cheaply as possible and then re-enroll in the MS program. Unless I was being supplemented with employer / government benefits though I wouldn't pursue an MS from TESC in the first place, you're right, way better deals out there that would offer a better ROI.
I m edumakated thanx to distunce lerning.

MEd, Texas A&M University, 2018
MBA, University of North Dakota, 2014
MS, University of Illinois Springfield, 2010
BSBA, Thomas Edison State University, 2008
AS / AAS, Tidewater Community College, 2004

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Advice on Choosing a Degree Program UnbreakablyDetermined 3 1,981 08-26-2018, 08:06 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
Question Can I send CLEP/DSST scores for 2 Bachelor Degrees? elenlushk 3 1,827 08-16-2018, 11:07 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Second Bachelor BALS with concentration with the 24 new credits rule posabsolute 1 1,383 07-22-2018, 11:30 PM
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,669 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  Associates from one/Bachelor's from Another ReyMysterioso 13 3,014 06-18-2018, 10:14 AM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  Need Help - Bachelor’s Degree BSBRose21 2 2,960 05-04-2018, 10:40 AM
  UMUC for master oldtown77 19 2,699 02-25-2018, 02:51 PM
Last Post: videogamesrock
  Please help with second Bachelor's degree. URGENT PLEASE! drashrafaziz 19 3,340 02-25-2018, 12:09 PM
Last Post: davewill
Question Psych electives for TESC Psych degree KatePsychology 4 1,458 02-08-2018, 11:08 AM
Last Post: jsd
  Help with Academic Eval TESC jayboy 8 2,205 02-01-2018, 02:46 PM
Last Post: davewill