Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESC CISSP (Win!) and other security certifications
Hi all,

This took a while and some work but TESC has accepted my CISSP for credit. Thank you to the Charter Oak and TESC teams for working together to make this happen. From what I'm told, moving forward TESC will accept the CISSP for credit, based on Charter Oak's evaluation. Here is what I have received on my transcript. All were 3 credits except CAP-216. For those of you with a security background, I hope this helps.

CAP-216 Intro to Computer Network Syst 1
CAP-274 Intro Network Administration 3
CAP-302 Computer Networking Systems 3
CAP-385 Network Security 3
CIS-344 Computer Security 3
CMP-354 Network Technology 3

As a side note, for those of you from the security industry, ASIS now has the CPP, PSP and PCI certification tests ACE approved. However, you have to pass the test after September 2015 for the credits based on the ACE dates. Unfortunately, my degree plan doesn't have space for any of these credits, so I haven't tried transferring any of them in. I hope to use them for future growth (second degree, Master's, etc). If anyone does transfer them, please post how they are added to your transcript.

ASIS PCI Credit Recommendation: In the lower-division baccalaureate/associate degree category, 3 semester hours in crime investigation and social work; 3 semester hours in information gathering and case management. This course is recommended for a total 6 semester hours in the lower-division baccalaureate/associate degree category.

ASIS PSP Credit Recommendation: In the upper-division baccalaureate degree category, 3 semester hours in physical security systems; 3 semester hours in internship, applied learning in safety, security, and law enforcement; and 3 semester hours in risk vulnerability and assessment, safety, security, and crisis administration. This course is recommended for a total of 9 semester hours in the upper-division baccalaureate degree category.

ASIS CPP Credit Recommendation: In the graduate degree category, 3 semester hours in global security management; 3 semester hours in risk management; 3 semester hours in threat and risk management; 3 semester hours in security principles and security theory; 3 semester hours in information security and risk management; and 3 semester hours in organizational continuity. This course is recommended for a total of 18 semester hours in the graduate degree category.

Good luck all!
---
Done!
TESU ASBA & BSBA 2016 (Planned)

CLEP - Management, Information Systems and Computer Applications, Sociology, Business Law, English w/Essay, Marketing, Social Sciences, Humanities, Analyzing & Interpreting Lit, Microeconomics, Natural Sciences, Macroeconomics, American Government

DSST - Supervision, Intro to Business, Personal Finance, Financial Accounting, Management Information Systems, Organizational Behavior, Finance, Business Ethics and Society, Human Resource Management, Statistics, Intermediate Algebra

TECEP - Managerial Accounting, Financial Institutions and Markets, Sales Management, Advertising

Saylor - Managerial Communications

ALEKS - College Algebra

Penn Foster - Strategic Management

CISSP - Computer Network Systems, Network Administration, Network Security, Computer Security, Network Technology

ACE - Dale Carnegie Course - Speech
Hi. This is an old thread so not sure if you're still on it. I have a CISSP and would like to attempt to get credit at TESU. Was there any waiver/request you had to fill out with them? Since I applied to Excelsior, there is a possibility I can use the same strategy - they do give credit. I will pick whichever of the schools offers me the shortest/cheapest path to finally get this degree. Thanks

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,664 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  National Security Agency Career Webinar - Wed, February 21, 2018 Life Long Learning 0 836 02-08-2018, 02:10 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
Question Psych electives for TESC Psych degree KatePsychology 4 1,457 02-08-2018, 11:08 AM
Last Post: jsd
  Help with Academic Eval TESC jayboy 8 2,203 02-01-2018, 02:46 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Newbie looking for a roadmap for TESC associate degree in computer science nevsage 6 3,994 01-04-2018, 11:11 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  ajs1976 TESC BSBA accountability thread ajs1976 41 10,361 01-02-2018, 11:27 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Enviro studies, enviro safety, security icampy 5 1,508 11-14-2017, 11:34 AM
Last Post: icampy
  UExcel Business Information Systems TESC Equivalency laughter 4 1,776 11-09-2017, 11:47 PM
Last Post: jsh1138
  Cyber security degree Student00 16 3,477 11-05-2017, 09:47 PM
Last Post: Student00
  TESU Cyber Security klorenzmt 12 4,049 11-01-2017, 11:43 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning