Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESC OCT1st deadline for DEC grad????Help
Quote:This may sound like a silly question, but if I complete and transfer all my credits by Oct. would I be able to graduate in December ( even though my enrollment expired??).

Not silly. You will be surprised by the answer. Put in a help ticket addressed to the bursar and ask for the official policy on automatic monthly extensions if your enrollment date ends before your conferral date. That way you have it in writing. Short answer yes they have a grace period. Don't take my word for it, get it in writing from the bursar.
Excelsior - BS Business 2008
Son #1 TESC BSBA Computer Information Systems completed June 2010
Son #2 TESC BA Computer Science completed November 2010 Currently in Florida State (FSU) Masters CS program and loving it
Thanks Geezer!!Big Grin.. will do. I hope they have not changed the official policy:toetap: In the meantime gotta hit the books.

Whatever the answer I now have a motivation to finish my credits fast. I can't believe I totally forgot about my graduation deadline but I hope this encouraged others to have good time management (unlike myself):leaving:
[QUOTE=Geezer]..Short answer yes they have a grace period. Don't take my word for it,..QUOTE]

How long is the grace period for? Sorry I'm impatient :toetap: cause I'm debated whether to take a pt or full time job and finish my last 60 cr.

Thanks in advanceBig Grin
Quote:How long is the grace period for? Sorry I'm impatient cause I'm debated whether to take a pt or full time job and finish my last 60 cr.

WARNING: Check with bursar for current TESC policy.

When we considering a 2nd degree for my oldest son, we ran into this since we were trying to finish both degrees within the one year enrollment window. I was very surprised (shocked) to learn that they had (in 2010) three one month free extensions available for students completing their degrees and awaiting conferral. I can't remember the exact criteria but I'm pretty sure it gave someone an extra month to complete and the two months required for conferral. Ex...you enrolled in Sept 1, 2010...they give you an extra month to complete your degree for free October 1, 2011 (you meet the deadline) then they give you two extra months for degree conferral = December 2011.

WARNING: Check with bursar for current TESC policy. Please report back to this thread when you find out current policy so others know for sure.

Good luck
Son #2 TESC BA Computer Science completed November 2010 Currently in Florida State (FSU) Masters CS program and loving it
*Enrollment Extension Policy

To be used by those students whose anniversary date occurs up to three months prior to their anticipated graduation date. The anniversary date may be extended up to three months at a cost of $200 per month under the Enrolled Options tuition plan. Students who anticipate a delay of longer than three months must remit the full Annual Enrollment Tuition. In addition, any enrollment extension paid for by a student who was previously under the Comprehensive Plan will be under the Enrolled Options Plan.

*taken from current online undergraduate admission policy

What do they mean by anniversary date??
I enrolled in Oct. 2006, my anniversary date is always Oct. 31st. I was not sure if I was going to continue at TESC after I earned my BA so I used the extension for 3 months, one month at a time, until I decided to pay one more year (I live in NJ so it is ~$1300/yr) I doubt if I will finish it, but I have until Oct 31,2011 to complete my second BA.
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
Enrollment and courses need to treated separately. If you are complete with requirements and have your request for graduation form remitted by your enrollment expiration, no future fees are assessed. Your official date is 10/14/11 with a 30 day grade period until 11/14/11. If you will not be complete until after that date, you may need enrollment extensions, otherwise, no additional fees will be owed.:hurray:
Sincerely,
Tricia Graff
Bursar Student Account Representative
That particular employee is an absolute SUPERSTAR. Glad you got to her. Remember that name. Good luck with your extra month. Now get to work. Confusedmilelol:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,709 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  TESU Psychology courses & grad school prospects. advancedmemetics 5 1,743 07-06-2018, 11:35 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Tesu..finish a degree ad grad school Sb2013 11 3,387 05-24-2018, 10:52 PM
Last Post: SDO
  Post Grad employment stories kitkat 18 4,843 02-28-2018, 04:44 PM
Last Post: rebel100
Question Psych electives for TESC Psych degree KatePsychology 4 1,462 02-08-2018, 11:08 AM
Last Post: jsd
  Help with Academic Eval TESC jayboy 8 2,208 02-01-2018, 02:46 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Delay to June Grad.: Any Danger? eriehiker 2 1,362 01-16-2018, 11:49 PM
Last Post: rlw74
  Newbie looking for a roadmap for TESC associate degree in computer science nevsage 6 3,999 01-04-2018, 11:11 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Early grad fee? Ideas 2 1,073 01-04-2018, 09:29 AM
Last Post: rlw74
  ajs1976 TESC BSBA accountability thread ajs1976 41 10,532 01-02-2018, 11:27 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77