Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
TESC Students Needed (Especially those savvy degree planners)
I have not yet checked this out, I will, and I'll post any feedback. (we are on vaca this week/weekend and as much as "I" enjoy degree planning, the family likes it when I'm off the computer lol)
cookderosa Wrote:I have not yet checked this out, I will, and I'll post any feedback. (we are on vaca this week/weekend and as much as "I" enjoy degree planning, the family likes it when I'm off the computer lol)

LOL... my family is the same way. A couple of days ago my DH asked me why I am still on this forum daily now that I've gotten my degree. Of course since I still am helping both DH and DS with their degree planning (very slowly), I told him that it's to help them out. ha ha
Regis University, ITESO, Global MBA with a focus in Emerging Markets 4.0 GPA, Dual-university degree (Spanish/English) 
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63|  SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert 
Any plans on adding functionality for those of us looking to get our BAs? Figuring out which tests I need is more difficult than taking the tests...to me..banghead

DB
dirtybob Wrote:Any plans on adding functionality for those of us looking to get our BAs? Figuring out which tests I need is more difficult than taking the tests...to me..banghead

DB

Aye, we'll be moving to BA/BS's as soon as I've got the kinks worked out of the Associate degrees.
[SIZE="2"]
-Justin
PMP, CISSP, A+, Sec+, MCDST, ITIL
Total Credits Earned: 162

www.Free-Clep-Prep.com - (with Forum Admin's permission)

[/SIZE]
Chebasaz Wrote:@Dcan - Thanks for the head's up there. I'll get that changed shortly. Originally I thought this would take a month to create, tops. That was back in January. banghead It ended up being much more complicated. Colleges have their own software for this sort of thing and it doesn't come cheap - New degree planning software to roll out during summer

Believe me I know this for a fact. $250K per year is not unheard of. Something on your level is certainly doable though.

I'm assuming you plan to keep this updated for only the most current catalog version of each degree for each school? If you start tracking what is and isn't accepted, per degree, per school, per catalog year, your complexity will spike considerably.
Community-Supported Wiki(link approved by forum admin)

Complete: TESU BA Computer Science
2011-2013 completed all BSBA CIS requirements except 4 gen eds.
2013 switched major to CS, then took a couple years off suddenly.
2015-2017 finished the CS.

CCAF: AAS Comp Sci
CLEP (10): A&I Lit, College Composition Modular, College Math, Financial Accounting, Marketing, Management, Microecon, Sociology, Psychology, Info Systems
DSST (4): Public Speaking, Business Ethics, Finance, MIS

ALEKS (3): College Algebra, Trig, Stats
UMUC (3): Comparative programming languages, Signal & Image Processing, Analysis of Algorithms
TESU (11): English Comp, Business Law, Macroecon, Managerial Accounting, Strategic Mgmt (BSBA Capstone), C++, Data Structures, Calc I/II, Discrete Math, BA Capstone

Warning: BA Capstone is a thesis, mine was 72 pages about a cryptography topic

Wife pursuing Public Admin cert via CSU.
Dcan,

Definitely just the current year's offerings for each school/degree. I see the majority of people using this once, when they first get started with CLEP/DSSTs. I don't even want to think about trying to track multiple years. :leaving:

Cook and Burb - Thanks! I'll be glad to get your input on this. There's no big rush so please don't upset the families Wink
[SIZE="2"]
-Justin

[/SIZE]
Quick question - Is anyone getting an expired webpage error while running through the degrees? At this point I'm beginning to wonder if it's something on my end rather than a real bug.

Please let me know if you haven't seen this bug, or if you have, what the steps are that cause it.

Thanks!
[SIZE="2"]
-Justin

[/SIZE]
Okay, got a few more of the major bugs out and added the rest of the associate degrees from TESC.

I was going to start entering the Bachelor degrees next, but would like everyone's input on something.

The Bachelor of Art degree has about 30 different versions. There's the BA in History, the BA in Photography, etc. I'd like to include as many as I can (just to give people more options), but there are some that just do not lend themselves well to testing. Which BA degrees do you think I should include?

BA in History is an easy choice as there are quite a few here who have graduated with this already. What others?

Thanks!
[SIZE="2"]
-Justin

[/SIZE]
I would suggest BA in Social Sciences, Natural Sciences/Mathematics, and Psychology they not be fully test out, but a good part can be.

EDIT: I tried the planner and I must be stupid but I could not figure out how to add test. I am using Firefox.
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,226 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,872 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Help with figuring out TESU History Degree plan AJay5595 10 3,361 09-06-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: BAngieB
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 2,682 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  My Technical Studies Degree Plan SRES 17 4,896 08-31-2018, 12:23 AM
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,785 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
  Has anyone been overlooked for a degree Crt 21 5,030 08-29-2018, 12:06 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Advice on Choosing a Degree Program UnbreakablyDetermined 3 1,971 08-26-2018, 08:06 PM
  COSC 2nd Degree Plan mb232627 5 2,338 08-24-2018, 12:55 AM
Last Post: mb232627
  TESU math degree plan. Am I doing this right? jakepg 9 2,695 08-23-2018, 09:20 PM
Last Post: armstrongsubero