Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Security Technolgies
I have a friend that is working on the requirements for a BA in Criminal Justice. She has not applied yet. Does anyone know of what courses that can be done at TEEX, SDC, Straighterline or other common sources to complete the AOS for the AAS in Environmental, Safety & Security Technolgies? She has already taken all of the CYBER courses at TEEX and some of the CJ classes at TEEX. She completed the 3 NFA courses when they were worth credit. Now that FEMA can not go towards the AOS what can? Can AOJ, CJ go towards it? Thank you for your time.
She applied but we are still looking for info.
Is the evaluation done already?
(08-13-2019, 12:32 PM)lacussucceed Wrote: Is the evaluation done already?
No, still have to wait.
OP - I am going to assume your friend is going to TESU for the BA in Criminal Justice? For the AAS ESST, the courses can practically be any Liberal Arts/science class. I even have Business Law in my evaluation along with science courses... I haven't looked up their requirements, but AOJ should work in that area, and lastly I would highly recommend the TEEX paid courses that translate to AOJ credits.

Just an FYI, the AAS requires an associates Capstone. Is your friend getting any tuition reimbursement from work? If she is, then I would say the AAS is worth it, if she's paying out of pocket, unless that AAS capstone can be used an an elective for the BA CJ, it's an expensive course. Residency waiver requirements are 16 credits, the friend might want to take up to 16-18 credits from TESU so they don't get charged $2800 for the residency waiver.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(08-13-2019, 12:50 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: OP - I am going to assume your friend is going to TESU for the BA in Criminal Justice?  For the AAS ESST, the courses can practically be any Liberal Arts/science class.  I even have Business Law in my evaluation along with science courses...  I haven't looked up their requirements, but AOJ should work in that area, and lastly I would highly recommend the TEEX paid courses that translate to AOJ credits.  

Just an FYI, the AAS requires an associates Capstone.  Is your friend getting any tuition reimbursement from work?  If she is, then I would say the AAS is worth it, if she's paying out of pocket, unless that AAS capstone can be used an an elective for the BA CJ, it's an expensive course.  Residency waiver requirements are 16 credits, the friend might want to take up to 16-18 credits from TESU so they don't get charged $2800 for the residency waiver.

She is going to TESU for the BA in Criminal Justice. She has completed some of the paid TEEX CJ classes. The remaining are not needed to meet the AOS requirements. She is paying out of pocket. Was it ever determined if the residency fee waiver is approved for 1 year or if it is just good for one application?
"NOTE: The Credit Hour Residency Waiver fee is a one-time fee that only applies to students who do not earn at least 16 credits via the University’s Online (OL), Guided Study (GS) or e-Pack (EP) courses before they complete their degree or undergraduate certificate. If a student pays the fee, and does not apply for graduation within 12 months, they will be required to pay additional credit hour residency waiver fees."
(08-13-2019, 01:46 PM)lacussucceed Wrote: "NOTE: The Credit Hour Residency Waiver fee is a one-time fee that only applies to students who do not earn at least 16 credits via the University’s Online (OL), Guided Study (GS) or e-Pack (EP) courses before they complete their degree or undergraduate certificate. If a student pays the fee, and does not apply for graduation within 12 months, they will be required to pay additional credit hour residency waiver fees."
Thank you. That deffinetly answers my question.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 697 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,976 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 261 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 267 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,158 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 391 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 568 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch