Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
TESU - ASNSM CS / BA Computer Science megathread
Yes, if you take Linear Algebra MAT321 for your AOS math requirement, that counts towards your 18 UL credits.

Unless you take it at a community college, in which case it will fulfill the requirement, but not count as UL.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
Anybody know what the lowest level math is? I only graduated high school Algebra 1 / Geometry / Algebra 2 and never took Precalculus. My high school never offered Calculus. I am 30 years of age, btw.
chz1000 Wrote:Anybody know what the lowest level math is? I only graduated high school Algebra 1 / Geometry / Algebra 2 and never took Precalculus. My high school never offered Calculus. I am 30 years of age, btw.

For ASNSM Comp Science/Math, you should at least take Calculus I as it's a requirement for the Math. For the BA Comp Science as well, it requires a minimum of Calculus I, you will need further math for that degree. And of course, if you're going for a Math Major, even more upper level math. The easiest would be a BALS degree, then the BSBA... pick your poison. If you go for either degree, you should take College Algebra and Statistics (required for BSBA, not required for BALS).
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
That's not a problem. I must have misworded my question. Do they offer lower level refresher math courses to gravitate towards higher level math? I am planning on taking as high level as possible. Pointless question as I'm going to call them in 2-1/2 hours to find out. Thanks, though.
(04-17-2019, 05:13 AM)chz1000 Wrote: That's not a problem. I must have misworded my question. Do they offer lower level refresher math courses to gravitate towards higher level math? I am planning on taking as high level as possible. Pointless question as I'm going to call them in 2-1/2 hours to find out. Thanks, though.
There are lots of cheap lower level math courses for credit and even free resources to refresh your math skills. ALEKS is an often recommended source for cheap math credit. Khan and school yourself are both great free resources for learning
And studying math.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
My suggestion is if you're going to go for some courses in math, why not get credit for it? There are several providers that offer inexpensive Math courses, from FREE for remedial classes up to Calculus II.

Anything above that would require a little bit more cash flow, and of course, you can take them at your local community college if you want to save. The Big 3 do offer math courses after Calculus II, but they're expensive. Take them elsewhere and transfer them in...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
have any of you guys join this online course?

Foothill http://www.foothill.edu/schedule/schedule.php (cheap lower level cs courses, fully online) [Java/C++ Data Structures, Computer Architecture)

how much it cost and what are the requirements.

In progress:
TESU - ASNSM ASBA, UNIR- Master Cyber Security
Completed:
TESU - BA Computer Science
Just from looking at the tuition page it looks like if you're out of district or an international student it 163 per credit with an additional 56.00 give or take in fees. There is a few fee waivers for the campus visits(if all online you sign a waiver) that gives you the fee back.
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

(03-02-2017, 11:46 AM)davewill Wrote: If you're a current student, just email advising and ask them if it will count in the CS AOS. You should get an answer in a couple of business days. If it will, they will plan it into your eval, and you can go for it.

I did but they keep saying it’s a hit and. It’s.

Does anyone have a kit of every course that can transfer to TESU including the ones that cost $75? As long as it transfer to TESU as UL or AOS????
(11-18-2019, 12:58 PM)eradreede Wrote: ...
Does anyone have a kit of every course that can transfer to TESU including the ones that cost $75? As long as it transfer to TESU as UL or AOS????

A couple of people here try to keep lists, but it's a moving target, and we've found it best not to try to publish a definitive list since it will go out of date and people will copy them and start selling those out of date lists (seriously). Some of the providers like Study.com also keep lists, but they have trouble keeping them up to date, too. Best to simply ask for what you need, and we'll give you our best guess at the time.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 17 729 2 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,983 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  ASNSM in Computer Science and TEEX Cybersecurity? Shorn27 2 362 03-18-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 262 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Has someone transferred Study.com science corses with labs and correctly transfered etwelding2019 1 208 03-03-2024, 12:20 PM
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 233 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 273 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,161 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 392 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP