Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Academic Evaluation
First of all, everything seems to have gone smoothly with my transcripts being sent from ACE to TESU. I am still looking over the Evaluation to make sure everything is in the right place. 

The funny thing is I never got an email to inform me that the evaluation was complete. I thought it would take them longer, I just logged in for the heck of it to check and boom, it looks done. TESU did everything in 7 business days from the date they acknowledged receiving my transcripts. I am not complaining, that is way faster than I expected. They informed me that any Study.com credit will need to be sent directly from Study.com and not an an ACE transcript to be coded as a study.com student. I am going to take some classes soon with them.   

For my Institutes Insurance Ethics (2 cr) I can see that there is a note listed above it that reads:

"!! Exception This degree requirement has been satisfied with less semester hours than required. The remaining credit will be made up in a related section."

I emailed TESU to add BSBA:CIS to my degree plan to my "Active Programs" and they did it instantly. So far communication and turn around times with TESU has been quick and painless. I am surprised it happened so quickly, I thought it would take a minimum of 20 business days.
Currently working on:  Capstone

Eastern University - (9 of 10 Courses Completed) (27 Credits)
Master's in Data Science

Western Governors University (WGU) - Completed in 2020.
Bachelor of Science, Business - Information Technology Management

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
SOPHIA (21 courses, 57 cr) 
Study.com (18 courses, 54 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
Eastern University (9 courses, 27 cr)
Nice! I found they are pretty quick when responding to inquiries (I usually use the Helpdesk to make sure my questions get directed where I want them), its really only the transcript evaluations that take time. It's nice to see them turning those around more quickly... though it could be because yours is an initial evaluation for a prospective student? Perhaps they prioritize those to help with enrollment.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 1 user Likes Merlin's post:
  • AwardTour
(02-01-2019, 07:30 PM)AwardTour Wrote: I emailed TESU to add BSBA:CIS to my degree plan to my "Active Programs" and they did it instantly. So far communication and turn around times with TESU has been quick and painless. I am surprised it happened so quickly, I thought it would take a minimum of 20 business days.

My initial evaluation was quick too. Its the following evals that are painstakingly slow as molasses! I would knock on wood.

(02-02-2019, 02:16 AM)Merlin Wrote: Nice! I found they are pretty quick when responding to inquiries (I usually use the Helpdesk to make sure my questions get directed where I want them), its really only the transcript evaluations that take time. It's nice to see them turning those around more quickly... though it could be because yours is an initial evaluation for a prospective student? Perhaps they prioritize those to help with enrollment.

Merlin- I agree-- its the initial evals that get priority processing.
“Crazy people don't know they're crazy. I know I'm crazy, therefore I'm not crazy, isn't that crazy?” 

― Captain Jack Sparrow
My Next Goal: Pondering Masters Program ??
Completed:  145+ Credits. Joined this forum October 2017 w/ 6 B&M Credits. Earned 117cr in 10 mo.! Graduated Sept 2019 TESU BSBA GM & ASNSM-CS
*SL 54 Cr *Shmoop 30 Cr +/- *Aleks 6 *Study.com 30+*TEEX 11 *CPCU 2 *B&M 6 
In Process:  Pondering  Big Grin
(02-02-2019, 02:16 AM)Merlin Wrote: Nice! I found they are pretty quick when responding to inquiries (I usually use the Helpdesk to make sure my questions get directed where I want them), its really only the transcript evaluations that take time. It's nice to see them turning those around more quickly... though it could be because yours is an initial evaluation for a prospective student? Perhaps they prioritize those to help with enrollment.

They initially told me it could take up to 20 days. They also said they would email me the moment it was done. Well, it was done in 7 days and I never was notified. I'm happy but you are probably right, things probably are slower for existing students.

TESU's student portal is still down (I hope this is not a regular thing outside of whatever maintenance windows they have).

I really wish I could see it right now but here is what I remember. I thought based on an old BSBA-CIS plan on here (I think by dfecore) that Sophia's 1 credit "The Essentials of Managing Conflict" would end up in the Gen Ed Electives, it ended up elsewhere.

Also, not sure if this is normal but I will take it, 4 of the 6 credits from the 3 TEEX Cybersecurity classes ended up inside my Area of Study. AOS:CIS.

Maybe that is normal, I am not sure and I can't remember but I will take it. I just hope there is not any overlap or conflict with those credits and the credit I would get for the DSST Cybersecurity exam. I only plan on taking that because I need some UL credit.

As a side note, I know this has been talked about in other threads, I will see if advising can cut me a break and let me take TES-100 instead of SOS-110. Their own site says "ALL" students have until June 30th 2019. My catalog is listed as (2019A). I have received a few PMs saying they did not have any luck. I will come to my own conclusions after I give it a shot and reference their own website. 

What is your opinion? I am not asking you to pick the Superbowl winner but instead take a guess on if I will have to take SOS-110. If you don't want to speculate then that is fine, but I value your opinion and you have been right about many things every time I ask.
Currently working on:  Capstone

Eastern University - (9 of 10 Courses Completed) (27 Credits)
Master's in Data Science

Western Governors University (WGU) - Completed in 2020.
Bachelor of Science, Business - Information Technology Management

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
SOPHIA (21 courses, 57 cr) 
Study.com (18 courses, 54 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
Eastern University (9 courses, 27 cr)
Also, please note that any Academic Evaluation after the initial eval is "triggered". Meaning, certain events will trigger an eval or a re-eval. if you have already had an initial evaluation and then you transfer in more credits, they will not do an Academic Evaluation again, unless you are enrolled in a class. I transferred in a bunch of alternative credits after I graduated last June with my ASNSM. Over two months went by and no re-evaluation. I called them and asked about it and they said that I would not get another eval until I registered in a class. I went and registered for my Captone and within two days, another Eval was completed. It took three days AFTER I noticed the eval was done, to get an email from them telling me it was done.
Western Governor's University
MSCSIA - Completed 2020.  Program completed in 8 months.
Cybersecurity Scholarship Recipient
Thomas Edison State University
B.A.L.S 2019 
ASNSM - Computer Science - 2018 
Pierpont College
Board of Governor's AAS, AOE Information Systems - 2017

[-] The following 1 user Likes ChilliDawg's post:
  • AwardTour
(02-02-2019, 02:51 AM)AwardTour Wrote:

They initially told me it could take up to 20 days. They also said they would email me the moment it was done. Well, it was done in 7 days and I never was notified. I'm happy but you are probably right, things probably are slower for existing students.

TESU's student portal is still down (I hope this is not a regular thing outside of whatever maintenance windows they have).

I really wish I could see it right now but here is what I remember. I thought based on an old BSBA-CIS plan on here (I think by dfecore) that Sophia's 1 credit "The Essentials of Managing Conflict" would end up in the Gen Ed Electives, it ended up elsewhere.

Also, not sure if this is normal but I will take it, 4 of the 6 credits from the 3 TEEX Cybersecurity classes ended up inside my Area of Study. AOS:CIS.

Maybe that is normal, I am not sure and I can't remember but I will take it. I just hope there is not any overlap or conflict with those credits and the credit I would get for the DSST Cybersecurity exam. I only plan on taking that because I need some UL credit.

As a side note, I know this has been talked about in other threads, I will see if advising can cut me a break and let me take TES-100 instead of SOS-110. Their own site says "ALL" students have until June 30th 2019. My catalog is listed as (2019A). I have received a few PMs saying they did not have any luck. I will come to my own conclusions after I give it a shot and reference their own website. 

What is your opinion? I am not asking you to pick the Superbowl winner but instead take a guess on if I will have to take SOS-110. If you don't want to speculate then that is fine, but I value your opinion and you have been right about many things every time I ask.

I also got 4 of the 6 TEEX credits applied to my AOS (BSBA CIS) with the last two applied to free electives. The Cybersecurity DSST used to evaluate the same as one of the TEEX courses (replacing 2 credits with 3) but since they downgraded the TEEX courses to LL, they may no longer overlap now. As far as I know, the Cybersecurity DSST still comes in as CIS-344, while the TEEX course now comes in as CIS-244 so they shouldn't conflict.

As for TES-100 vs SOS-110, IMO, asking advising can sometimes be an exercise in futility since it seems like whenever they don't know the answer they will just guess, which will often turn out to be incorrect. If it were me, I'd take TES-100 right away and then fight for it to be taken as the cornerstone if not automatically accepted. If needs be, one can argue that you were going off the officially published requirements as listed on their website. Plus that is what was sent out via email to current and prospective students as a warning to complete the course before the end of June. It's not July yet, so you should still be able to take TES-100.

IMO, making a big deal about it before you take either course will probably be ignored since they want you to register for SOS-110 and you're in the position to take either right now. However, if you just take TES-100 and then make the argument, I expect you're more likely to be given consideration as you've already taken the course and paid the fees. From my own experience, it seems like TESU is more receptive to that approach. Worst case it is a $300 gamble, though your odds are pretty good considering the house should be on your side, argument-wise. Smile

(02-02-2019, 09:24 AM)ChilliDawg Wrote: Also, please note that any Academic Evaluation after the initial eval is "triggered".  Meaning, certain events will trigger an eval or a re-eval.  if you have already had an initial evaluation and then you transfer in more credits, they will not do an Academic Evaluation again, unless you are enrolled in a class.  I transferred in a bunch of alternative credits after I graduated last June with my ASNSM.  Over two months went by and no re-evaluation.  I called them and asked about it and they said that I would not get another eval until I registered in a class.  I went and registered for my Captone and within two days, another Eval was completed. It took three days AFTER I noticed the eval was done, to get an email from them telling me it was done.

When I initially applied they did both of my academic evaluations back to back like a week apart. They only looked at my CC and CLEP/DSST transcripts and didn't process my ACE transcript at all since that came in a week later. I was a bit annoyed but didn't really worry about it at the time since I wasn't near being ready to graduate. However, when I finally had a complete evaluation done after registering for my Capstone, I ended up missing out on some UL credits because they weren't evaluated until months later after TESU changed their evaluation process, and ended up as LL instead. That annoyed me, but I knew it was coming and planned accordingly.

In any case, if your transcripts don't all arrive at once, you could end up getting both evaluations done back to back like me. But in an ideal world, you'll get them all there about the same time, so you can get an initial eval and then trigger the next when you send in the balance of courses in preparation for registering for your cornerstone/capstone course.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 695 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,976 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 258 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Is an academic certificate a degree for the purposes of "new" credits? Am I screwed? ItsNeverTheLionsYear 3 237 03-13-2024, 08:53 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 267 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,156 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 391 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy