Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU - Adding Certificate After Graduation
(04-07-2019, 11:27 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
(04-07-2019, 09:29 AM)zzzz24 Wrote: It shows I could get the HRM certificate with 3 more courses. Even though I am not in HR, I thought it could be worthwhile.

Don't think I want to pay for it though after graduating and having to pay various fees once again...

Yes, I would recommend going through the list of other Certs, you might have one that only requires an extra course or two.  But doing 3 courses in a month on Study.com would be the cheapest option at $270 USD or a bit over $100 Canadian/course.  You won't be able to find cheaper courses anywhere else.

Yeah, I already went through all of them on the academic eval section. 

That one was actually the closest for completion surprisingly. I guess because I completed a few communication courses.
Even though I have lots of courses completed, they are just so specific in the courses required. All of the others were basically zero or 1 course completed.
TESU BALS: Awarded June 2019
Credits:
TESU: LIB Capstone 3cr, Cornerstone 1cr 
Aleks: 3cr, Insurance Institute: 2cr NFA: 1cr 
Sophia: 2cr Straighterline: 48cr TEEX: 6cr 
Study.com: 18cr B&M: 77cr
(04-07-2019, 11:35 AM)natshar Wrote: The only problem with HR certificate is "Change Management" requirement if you find a way to get that via alternative credit let me know.

Would the SDC Business 301: Change Management course fulfill this? it isn't listed one the TESU transfer page.
hallk33 Wrote:Would the SDC Business 301: Change Management course fulfill this? it isn't listed one the TESU transfer page.

No, because of what you just mentioned, it's not on the TESU transfer page. You can also see it's not worth college credit yet on the Study.com page. Lastly, it's not on ACE or NCCRS as college credit yet. I wouldn't work on this course until it is worth credit.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
The study.com project management course (311) counts for the project management requirement. At least it did for my organizational leadership certificate in the 2017-18 catalogue.

A couple of the courses in the org. leadership cert. are confusing because they are NCCRS study.com courses and have to be added via a direct transcript from study.com instead of the ACE transcript.

The HR cert. was impossible via distance learning when I graduated in 2018. I think that it still is.
(04-07-2019, 11:35 AM)natshar Wrote:
(04-07-2019, 09:29 AM)zzzz24 Wrote: It shows I could get the HRM certificate with 3 more courses. Even though I am not in HR, I thought it could be worthwhile.

Don't think I want to pay for it though after graduating and having to pay various fees once again...

The only problem with HR certificate is "Change Management" requirement if you find a way to get that via alternative credit let me know.

I had read on here that Study.com's BUS 304: Leading Organizational Change WILL work for that requirement (in all of the BALS certs that require it).

(04-07-2019, 10:42 AM)natshar Wrote:  I put a Organizational Leadership certificate in my evaluation just to see if I could get it. They informed me that sophia project management (which I already purchased, is in progress and preplanned for my degree) didn't count for the requirement because it came as "intro to project management" which isn't the same course title as "project management" However, the management clep I already took met a requirement, despite not being the same number as the required course did work because the title came out out the same.

So the problem here is, they are requiring that the Project Management course comes in as an UL course, MAN-435.  Study.com's BUS 311: Project Management does come in as UL so it will work.  Sophia's Project Management course was downgraded by ACE on 2/28, so if you had it preplanned in, then it would have worked IF Sophia/ACE still had it as UL - but it's now LL, so it won't work.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(04-07-2019, 03:00 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(04-07-2019, 11:35 AM)natshar Wrote:

The only problem with HR certificate is "Change Management" requirement if you find a way to get that via alternative credit let me know.

I had read on here that Study.com's BUS 304: Leading Organizational Change WILL work for that requirement (in all of the BALS certs that require it).

(04-07-2019, 10:42 AM)natshar Wrote:  I put a Organizational Leadership certificate in my evaluation just to see if I could get it. They informed me that sophia project management (which I already purchased, is in progress and preplanned for my degree) didn't count for the requirement because it came as "intro to project management" which isn't the same course title as "project management" However, the management clep I already took met a requirement, despite not being the same number as the required course did work because the title came out out the same.

So the problem here is, they are requiring that the Project Management course comes in as an UL course, MAN-435.  Study.com's BUS 311: Project Management does come in as UL so it will work.  Sophia's Project Management course was downgraded by ACE on 2/28, so if you had it preplanned in, then it would have worked IF Sophia/ACE still had it as UL - but it's now LL, so it won't work.

From my personal experience, emailed advising in January 2019 about the change management requirement and they told me no for both study.com and CSU global for ANY certificates requiring "Change management" it would not meet the requirement. In the email I specifically named all the certificates requiring it (GM, OL, etc.) and they told it would work for none of them. However, we all know how advising is inconsistent if anyone is seeking to earn a certificate please email them yourself as you may get a different answer.

I don't feel like doing the sdc project management course it seems redundant and not worth it. Maybe after I've completed every other degree requirement if I have time, I'll just have to wait.
[-] The following 1 user Likes natshar's post:
  • BellaZuri
From what I can tell, SDC's Leading Organizational Change comes into TESU as LDR-345, while TESU's Change Management course is listed as being MAN-415. I'm guessing that's why they won't accept it to meet that requirement.
TESU, BSBA-HR Completed December 2020

Completed: B&M CC: 67 units applied to degree Study.com: Principles of Management, Principles of Marketing, Computing, International Business, Library Science, Managerial Accounting, Leading Organizational Change, Finance, Organizational Theory, Strategic Human Resources (30 units) Davar: Organizational Behavior, Managerial Communication (6 units) Sophia: Microeconomics, Statistics, College Algebra, Conflict Resolution, Leading Teams (11 units) Institutes: Ethics (2 units) TESU: Business Capstone, Cornerstone (4 units)

Next up: Researching Master's Programs
Because I want to say that we meet all the requirements for a psychology certificate, which is a psychologist for God!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 12 654 3 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Credit Transfer Evaluation colonelcamp 7 156 3 hours ago
  Certificate NeilK314 2 85 Yesterday, 02:26 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 20 2,576 04-23-2024, 02:44 PM
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 620 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 546 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 280 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,329 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 255 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 409 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM