Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU - Another change for 2019 - Tuition option
TESU, what are you doing?  Another change occuring as of July 1, 2019. 
They are removing the comprehensive tuition to a full-time flat-rate tuition option.
This is making things more expensive again for individuals who want to pay for school there.

Essentially, the comprehensive tuition was roughly $7500 for a year of up to 36 credits.
This full-time flat-rate tuition is roughly $4000 in state or $5000 out of state for 16 credits.
But the kicker is, that 16 credits is for one term, meaning you got to use it all in 3 months.

For those who want to get on the comprehensive tuition plan, get on it asap by registering for a July term course.
They have removed their comprehensive tuition link from their website. 
See link below for details...  https://www.tesu.edu/tuition/flat-rate-tuition
Done: TESU ASNSM Biology, ASBA/BSBA (ACBSP Accredited in 2017)
Working on: TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Deferred: **Deciding on several Masters/PHD programs**

2018 BALS and BSBA Spreadsheet using mainly SL/Study.com (post#28,31)
The Basic Approach | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Review Beginners Guide sticky for info on TESU BALS/BSBA in 4 months (post #16)
~Note: Read Wiki guide links for TESU equivalency - CLEP/DSST/SL/Study.com, etc
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Toastmaster
(06-13-2019, 10:24 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: TESU, what are you doing?  Another change occuring as of July 1, 2019. 
They are removing the comprehensive tuition to a full-time flat-rate tuition option.
This is making things more expensive again for individuals who want to pay for school there.

Essentially, the comprehensive tuition was roughly $7500 for a year of up to 36 credits.
This full-time flat-rate tuition is roughly $4000 in state or $5000 out of state for 16 credits.
But the kicker is, that 16 credits is for one term, meaning you got to use it all in 3 months.

For those who want to get on the comprehensive tuition plan, get on it asap by registering for a July term course.

It's even not a plan that students select. Basically it says if you enroll in between 10-16 credits a term instead of being charged per credit, you will automatically be charged the flat rate. A lot of schools have things like this. So I guess it does save money over the per credit rate, but only if you were planning on taking 10-16 credits in a term.
Earned: AA, AAS, AGS
145 credits
One advantage this has is that you're not on the hook for a whole year's tuition up front that you might turn out to be unable to use. This would also be more financial aid and employer reimbursement friendly, I would think. On the down side, it makes it unattractive to stagger your courses by taking one or two each month so that you have three or four courses going at once, but don't have finals for them at the same time.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio? - InstantCert Credit
(06-13-2019, 10:24 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: TESU, what are you doing?  Another change occuring as of July 1, 2019. 

Full-time out-of-state was over $9k per year.
PhD (in progress)
Masters and Graduate Certificate
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
(06-13-2019, 12:13 PM)sanantone Wrote:

They study.com discounted rate is the in-state rate, so less than $9k.
TESU BSBA in HR, 2018
WVNCC BOG AAS,
GGU Cert in Management, 2000

EXAMS: TECEP Tech Writg, Engl Comp 2, LA Math, Public Rel, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int Alg, Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
B&M COURSESPalomar CollMission Coll, Golden Gate Univ, San Jose State Univ
Guys I think TESU is going to raise their per credit price as well. The page for per credit is down (at least for me).
Earned: AA, AAS, AGS
145 credits
(06-14-2019, 12:41 AM)dfrecore Wrote:

Most TESU students aren't going to take Study.com courses, and wasn't the discount going away or being reduced?

While $308 per credit hour is pretty low for out-of-state students, most people will not be taking 4-credit courses, so they're more likely to take 15 credits. As a semester hour school, I don't know why TESU bases everything on 16 credits. It leaves people having to take a 1-credit course.

If they are still considering a term to be 12 weeks, then that's not a lot of time to complete 16 credits. Terms should be extended to four months.
PhD (in progress)
Masters and Graduate Certificate
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
(06-14-2019, 05:55 AM)sanantone Wrote:
(06-14-2019, 12:41 AM)dfrecore Wrote:

Most TESU students aren't going to take Study.com courses, and wasn't the discount going away or being reduced?

While $308 per credit hour is pretty low for out-of-state students, most people will not be taking 4-credit courses, so they're more likely to take 15 credits. As a semester hour school, I don't know why TESU bases everything on 16 credits. It leaves people having to take a 1-credit course.

If they are still considering a term to be 12 weeks, then that's not a lot of time to complete 16 credits. Terms should be extended to four months.

Any idea on when the Study.com discount is being reduced or going away?
[87 Credits Earned Total]
TESU BSBA-CIS {81 of 120 SH Completed}
TESU ASNSM-Computer Science {55 of 61 SH Completed}
TESU ASBA {42 of 60 SH Completed}
-----------------------------------------------------
Free Credits: TEEX Cybersecurity (6cr) NFA (1cr) Insurance Ethics 312 (2cr) Sophia DE Teams & EOM Conflict (2cr)

ALEKS: College Algebra (3cr)

SOPHIA: Psychology(3cr) Sociology(3cr) Human Biology(3cr) Intro to Information Technology(3cr)
Statistics(3cr) Macroeconomics(3cr) Microeconomics(3cr) English Composition I (3cr) Visual Communications(3cr)
Art History I(3cr) Environmental Science(3cr) Student Success(1cr) Accounting(3cr) Project Management(3cr) Ethics(3cr)
Ancient Greek Philosophers(3cr) Approaches to Studying Religions(3cr) US History I(3cr) US History II(3cr)

STUDY.COM: COM120(3cr) CS109(3cr) CS102(3cr) CS103(3cr) CS303(3cr UL) ENG105(3cr)     

currently working on: Study.com BUS101: Principles of Management
This can be pretty useful. For someone missing just a few credits they cant get elsewhere for history, comm etc its not that bad.

It's pretty hard to pay that 9k vs this chunk. But I agree that term length should be increased.
GRADUATE

Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (In Progress..)
MITx to ALM in ES: Management, Harvard University (Planned...2021)

UNDERGRAD

Sep 2019 Grad...

BA Computer Science, TESU
BA Liberal Studies, TESU
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  

SL (27 Cr): Eng Com I II, Ameri Gov, Reli, Nutri, Envi Sci, Cul Ant, Med Ter, IT Fund
Shmoop (18 Cr): Hist Tech, Hu Sex, Med Lit, Bible Lit, Prof Wrtng, E-Com
Sophia (11 Cr): Col Alg, Info Tech, Pub Speak, Effe Teams, Manag Con
TEEX (5 Cr): Cyb Ever, IT Prof, Info Risk Man  Aleks (9 Cr): Beg. Alg, Inter. Alg, Trig
ED4Credit (3 Cr): Man Info Sys   CPCU (2 Cr): Ethics
TESU (4 Cr): Corner, Capstone  Study.com (39 Cr): Pres. Skills, C Prog, Disc Math, Comp Arch, Op Sys, DB Man, Sys Analy, Calc I, Forensic Sci, Geometry, Intro Prog, Data Str
B&M (46 Cr)

(06-14-2019, 08:01 AM)armstrongsubero Wrote: This can be pretty useful. For someone missing just a few credits they cant get elsewhere for history, comm etc its not that bad.

It's pretty hard to pay that 9k vs this chunk. But I agree that term length should be increased.

Yes! This means good news for me since I need 16 credits for my Comm degree. Whoo hoo!

Appears that my Comm degree will actually be reduced by about 2K, and if my calculations are correct, even a bit cheaper than a straight up BA in Liberal Arts.
TESU for BA in Psych or BS in DS/Analytics + ASNSM in CS
~--------------------~
Working on 5 courses now - 
Statistics.com: Network Analysis
Sophia.org: Intro to Stats, Psych, and Sociology + Envir Science
~86 credits done by end of Sept.
Next up - SOS-110, Study.com for Eng Comp II, then AOS courses
Grad goal - mid/late 2020
Completed - 
28 cr from B&M CC
The Institute: Ethics
CSMlearn 
Study.com: Psy 104, His 108, Edu 104, Edu 103, Pol Sci 102, Comm 120
Sophia.org: Conflict Res, Hum Biology, Visual Comm, US History I + II, Intro to IT, An.Gr.Philosopher

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question about TESU's Residency Waiver amaquiling 10 240 08-17-2019, 01:21 PM
Last Post: amaquiling
  A Cert in Info Systems at TESU TwinMom 2 87 08-17-2019, 12:34 PM
Last Post: TwinMom
  TESU Transfer Eval provided, COURSE TRANSLATOR NEEDED! nickyberit 5 229 08-17-2019, 07:06 AM
Last Post: allvia
  TESU BSBA HR Management/Organizational Management tpell1219 2 122 08-16-2019, 11:36 PM
Last Post: natshar
  TESU Payment Plans? terryd5150 9 401 08-16-2019, 02:18 PM
Last Post: terryd5150
  TESU BA Computer Science Salamander 14 558 08-16-2019, 11:27 AM
Last Post: jeffreymb
  BS or bust - TESU BS in Data Science and Analytics Jep 66 5,110 08-16-2019, 09:55 AM
Last Post: amaquiling
  TESU Second Degree Planning vetvso 12 632 08-15-2019, 09:02 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  TESU and Sophia Project Management course mcquacks2 2 78 08-15-2019, 04:19 PM
Last Post: natshar
  TESU ASNSM Comp Sci helpmedegree 9 141 08-15-2019, 03:49 PM
Last Post: allvia