Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU BA Computer Science Ultimate Low Cost Help
Did you see my screenshot? That screenshot was of my evaluation from TESU. They placed it in the computer science AOS. I was also shocked! Just as shocked as I was that they placed the free ethics course in "Diversity".
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

Based on other posts on this forum, Management Information Systems (CIS-301) does count for Comp Sci. And it can be done from many sources. I see it on my unofficial evaluation as a CS elective.

Sorry, I kind of ignored your main question. I do not think you need to take architecture or operating systems. The 15 credits require only state:

A. Required Courses 15
Introduction to Computer Science
(3)
Data Structures
(3)
Calculus I
(3)
Calculus II
(3)
Select one of the following courses:
Discrete Math
(3)
Linear Algebra (Calculus-based)
(3)

The other 15 credits appear to be electives. But remember that 18 credits need to be 300 or 400 level which made add a course. It seems if it is any comp sci course you are good to go. Plus a capstone course.
Oh and btw already paid for the cornerstone Sad . I start it in November. 1 credit in 1 hour. That 300 might save me some time I guess. For some reason I though that course had writing! well no use crying over spilled milk. I'll use that to fill the exception from the free ethics course  Big Grin

Btw TECEPs can keep you enrolled!? I though that was phased out? Idk where I got that idea from.
GRADUATE

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

(10-17-2017, 10:27 PM)armstrongsubero Wrote: Did you see my screenshot? That screenshot was of my evaluation from TESU. They placed it in the computer science AOS. I was also shocked! Just as shocked as I was that they placed the free ethics course in "Diversity".

I did see that, but I believe I could screenshot an unofficial evaluation and nobody could tell if it was unofficial or not. I'm not sure.

The DSST in Fundamentals of Cybersecurity is said to come in as CIS-344 and count.

TECEPs used to be used to avoid the residency waiver, but they phased out that.

You could probably withdraw from the cornerstone course and get at least 90% refunded.

However you do need the cornerstone course if you don't have affiliation (like Study.com).

Thanks! Now to get the easiest and fastest courses that will fit into that section. Sorry but Shmoop gave me a mental burn out with their courses. I think I fried a few brain cells doing Shmoop. Any thoughts? Fast and easy? and cheap!? If I can finish this in a 10 mths to a year that would be really good!

And CLEPs and DSST are out of the question for me. There is no testing center in my country  Sad
GRADUATE

TESU (4 cr)

I've been looking at the degree many times this year, and it's totally not one of the faster, cheaper, easier ones. Unfortunately there's that $800 math course, then like I said, I believe it may be necessary to do 3 courses just to meet the Data Structures requirement.

However, take out the 2 expensive TESU courses like cardiaclep said. The 2 prerequisites for the Data Structures class go there in my plan. Other than that, I think you're already at the cheapest, fastest, and easiest which is like cardiaclep said.

It may be possible to improve on the plan regarding the Data Structures & prereqs, depending on if you are willing to spend more to go faster. The problem I see is that Foothill is very cheap only if you go slowly (1 course at a time), but even if you want to go faster, most schools require that you don't take the Intermediate course until you've completed the Intro course, and you can't take Data Structures until the Intermediate is completed.

Edit: I am talking about the AOS only and I think cardiaclep was too.

Edit: And in addition, most schools won't count the Straighterline courses for prerequisites.

Thanks guys! That's great advice!

Sigh. If it's that much trouble to do it then I guess I'll have to take data structures from TESU, all they list is C++ needed and I'll get that from the SL course. I'll dig around for two courses to replace those TESU ones.  Thanks again!
GRADUATE

TESU (4 cr)

[-] The following 1 user Likes armstrongsubero's post:
  • Ideas
(10-17-2017, 11:02 PM)armstrongsubero Wrote: Thanks guys! That's great advice!

Sigh. If it's that much trouble to do it then I guess I'll have to take data structures from TESU, all they list is C++ needed and I'll get that from the SL course. I'll dig around for two courses to replace those TESU ones.  Thanks again!

I might want to take Data Structures at TESU too. (But although I have the Study.com affiliation now for my BSBA, I guess they might make me qualify again, which could be $300. Rates are expected to go up for the affiliation too.)

Are you confident in your ability to get a C or whatever grade you want in Data Structures? For me that's another consideration. I am not sure I can do well in Data Structures without taking more than SL Intro C++. Of course there is self-study. 

I am also torn between C++ and Java.

You can also check out the Beginners Guide, I have a BA CS template already in my dropbox, it was created by dfrecore for TESU.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,971 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,657 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,098 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,634 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,728 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,339 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,585 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,321 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,370 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,857 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore