Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU BA Mathematics Area of Study Courses
(12-06-2018, 04:51 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: That's a nice table, I have the same courses listed on my spreadsheet as well for options.  I can't think of what to take though.
There's too many to select from, but at a cost perspective, I think I'll go for the cheapest ones first, instead of easy/fast.

Here's the 2, I have decided to take online and taking 3 at the local university (if I can't find cheaper options)
1) Coppersmith - Concepts in Math and Quantitative Analysis
2) Westcott - Abstract Algebra, It's their only UL option https://www.brandman.edu/westcott

OP - There's one thing to note, you haven't taken anything from Study.com yet, you need to take at least two courses to get your money's worth otherwise you lose out on the discounts on the Capstone/Residency Waiver.  Now, my question to you is, are you taking courses at TESU?  If so, how many?

I'm trying to figure out exactly which courses I'm taking where, so I don't know for sure yet. But I think the TESU Calculus 3 is the only Calc 3 considered UL so I think I'm taking that.

Also, what do you mean by "Capstone/Residency Waiver"? I'm not familiar with that.
(12-06-2018, 05:11 PM)Anon Wrote:
(12-06-2018, 04:51 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: That's a nice table, I have the same courses listed on my spreadsheet as well for options.  I can't think of what to take though.
There's too many to select from, but at a cost perspective, I think I'll go for the cheapest ones first, instead of easy/fast.

Here's the 2, I have decided to take online and taking 3 at the local university (if I can't find cheaper options)
1) Coppersmith - Concepts in Math and Quantitative Analysis
2) Westcott - Abstract Algebra, It's their only UL option https://www.brandman.edu/westcott

OP - There's one thing to note, you haven't taken anything from Study.com yet, you need to take at least two courses to get your money's worth otherwise you lose out on the discounts on the Capstone/Residency Waiver.  Now, my question to you is, are you taking courses at TESU?  If so, how many?

I'm trying to figure out exactly which courses I'm taking where, so I don't know for sure yet. But I think the TESU Calculus 3 is the only Calc 3 considered UL so I think I'm taking that.

Also, what do you mean by "Capstone/Residency Waiver"? I'm not familiar with that.

If you transfer in at least 1 SDC course to TESU you can get an affiliate discount on tuition and, if you need it, a residency waiver. The price of courses becomes $366/ credit instead of ~$500/credit normally. Definitely makes a big difference if you plan to take a few TESU courses. Also of note is that you can get discreet mathematics at SDC.

Most people here only take the capstone at TESU but the discount applies to tuition for all of their normal, full length courses.
The residency waiver is a fee that tesu charges if you graduate from tesu with less than 16 TESU credits(I may be wrong on that number). Also, if you plan to take a lot of courses at tesu(18+ credits) the comprehensive 1 year of tuition becomes significantly cheaper at something around $6k instead of $9k.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
Yup, that's exactly right. So, it depends on how many courses you are going to take with TESU. The more courses you are taking with them, I would suggest you do the Comprehensive Tuition. The lesser the courses, then do the Study.com affiliate discount pricing. That's why I was asking... I would only recommend the Comprehensive Tuition for someone going for a double major OR another degree, as you can use 36 credits total to get the "hard to find" UL courses.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I wonder, if you fail a Westcott course, will it show on record at the university? I assume not. Also, if you pass but get a poor grade, can you elect for Westcott to not inform the university and keep it off the record that way?
http://www2.acenet.edu/credit/?fuseactio...CE=1004963

statistics.com has some courses that may help you as well
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
(12-06-2018, 06:36 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Yup, that's exactly right.  So, it depends on how many courses you are going to take with TESU.  The more courses you are taking with them, I would suggest you do the Comprehensive Tuition.  The lesser the courses, then do the Study.com affiliate discount pricing.  That's why I was asking...  I would only recommend the Comprehensive Tuition for someone going for a double major OR another degree, as you can use 36 credits total to get the "hard to find" UL courses.

SDC affiliate pricing gets you a big discount on Comprehensive Tuition, too. The breakeven point is MUCH less than 36 credits (or even the 24 credits the TESU website talks about), more like 16.

https://www.tesu.edu/studycom/costs-tuition
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(12-06-2018, 07:11 PM)MNomadic Wrote: http://www2.acenet.edu/credit/?fuseactio...CE=1004963

For those of you pursuing Math degrees, has there been any word on expanding it to include a Statistics concentration, or even a standalone degree, given their relationship with statistics.com? Otherwise, is there any suggestion on who to reach out to at the Heavin School of Arts and Sciences?
(12-07-2018, 09:56 PM)ed209uardo Wrote:
(12-06-2018, 07:11 PM)MNomadic Wrote: http://www2.acenet.edu/credit/?fuseactio...CE=1004963

For those of you pursuing Math degrees, has there been any word on expanding it to include a Statistics concentration, or even a standalone degree, given their relationship with statistics.com? Otherwise, is there any suggestion on who to reach out to at the Heavin School of Arts and Sciences?

I am interested in this also.  I spoke to someone on the general help line at TESU and they offered no insight and just reiterated that they do not have a statistics concentration.  If anyone else has better contacts there, then please let us know.  Thanks.
May I ask you a questions? Are you planjing on getting masters or phd in math? My 11 yr old wants to be a university math professor and get a phd in theoretical mathematics and I am trying to figure out if a math degee from TESU will work for his undergrad. He could in all likelihood, acquire it by 18/19 if this path would work.
Me: Earned BSLA at Excelsior November 2021!

My son Tor (15 yrs): 
CLEPS passed: US Hist 1, A&I Lit, College Composition, Intro to Sociology, US Hist 2, Western Civ 1
College Courses taken: Astronomy, Intro to Programming, Latin 1,  Federal GOVT
ACE passed via Sophia: Human Biology, College Algebra, Intro to Statistics, Religion, Visual Communications, Intro to Relational Databases, Intro to Business, 
Currently Working on: Calc 1, TX GOVT
(02-16-2019, 05:54 PM)TorsMama Wrote: May I ask you a questions? Are you planjing on getting masters or phd in math? My 11 yr old wants to be a university math professor and get a phd in theoretical mathematics and I am trying to figure out if a math degee from TESU will work for his undergrad. He could in all likelihood, acquire it by 18/19 if this path would work.

Just a BA in Math or Statistics.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 699 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,978 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  UC Berkeley Extension courses can transfer ItsNeverTheLionsYear 2 227 03-18-2024, 11:16 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Zero Textbook Cost (ZTC) Courses LevelUP 6 362 03-18-2024, 09:40 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 261 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Has someone transferred Study.com science corses with labs and correctly transfered etwelding2019 1 205 03-03-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 267 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,158 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch