Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Academic Review - Questions
(07-23-2019, 03:48 PM)allvia Wrote: Can you share how COSC has placed your credit, like you have done here for TESU?  Maybe we can help you with a plan for them, or the best options for TESU.  Comparing the two would allow those 'in the know' to best help you - especially since cost is a factor.

In case you have not seen this thread, it is one of the most helpful in completing a COCS BSBA without CLEP - https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Transcript

Looking at both transcripts, in your opinion, which do you think would be the easiest and fastest school to get my degree?  Money is taking a back seat to needing this degree finished.

Also, with the TESU academic review, am I able to have them move courses into a different category, Such as my UL courses?  I feel those are the hardest to attain without having to take CLEP/DSST (which are not an option for me)

Thank you!!
The next time the COSC Business capstone is offered is Fall term 2. That makes the Earliest COSC completion date December 31. Maybe at TESU you could finish up in November with an August start date if you are able to take the corner and capstone together. So essentially there is no difference other than at COSC you have more time to get prereqs.

I'm definitely a newbie in the nontraditional degree world, so if I'm in error someone chime in.
Yeah TESU you need 100 credits done towards your degree and that includes basically all of the business core and AOS done to register for the capstone. If signed for September October or November capstone you are looking at March graduation. December capstone is June graduation. But remember TESU takes a month to evaluate everything so you'd have to work quickly.

It would be really hard to take the August capstone at TESU. To get the 100 credits and all the core and AOS done would basically mean finishing the whole degree before August starts and also getting it evaluated in time. Highly unlikely.

Charter Oak you'd get December graduation if you were able to finish everything in time. The earliest you could at do at TESU is probably March graduation.
Regarding your upper level credit:

Drugs and Society isn't a business class, definitely won't count towards your UL for the BSBA.

The other two, I'm not sure. I think you might be able to take lower-level versions of them and have your current courses bumped into the Area of Study, but others more familiar with the GM AOS might know for sure.

Note that CLEP has zero UL courses, and DSST only has one UL business-related class, so there's no reason not having access to those test centers will make things harder.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
(07-24-2019, 07:28 AM)jthatcher50 Wrote:
(07-23-2019, 03:48 PM)allvia Wrote: Can you share how COSC has placed your credit, like you have done here for TESU?  Maybe we can help you with a plan for them, or the best options for TESU.  Comparing the two would allow those 'in the know' to best help you - especially since cost is a factor.

In case you have not seen this thread, it is one of the most helpful in completing a COCS BSBA without CLEP - https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Transcript

Looking at both transcripts, in your opinion, which do you think would be the easiest and fastest school to get my degree?  Money is taking a back seat to needing this degree finished.

Also, with the TESU academic review, am I able to have them move courses into a different category, Such as my UL courses?  I feel those are the hardest to attain without having to take CLEP/DSST (which are not an option for me)

Thank you!!

I think you should finish up with COSC - I posted more details about this on your COSC thread: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid293374
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • jthatcher50

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 16 2,308 3 hours ago
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 524 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 451 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 476 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 258 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,228 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 233 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 375 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 300 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Is an academic certificate a degree for the purposes of "new" credits? Am I screwed? ItsNeverTheLionsYear 3 334 03-13-2024, 08:53 PM