Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU BACS & BSBA CIS at the same time?
Okay, I have been trying to find this answer, have read the combo degree plan, and have read a bunch of threads. I still cannot seem to understand if this is possible. I want to take the TESU BACS and do just the 6 minimum credits. I want to pay the residency fee. I don't care about saving that small amount to take other classes. I would rather just focus on those two classes, graduate with As, and then move on with the rest of my plan. Can I also do the BSBA CIS along side this degree and transfer in all the courses? Will I have a capstone I have to do for this degree as well? A cornerstone?

Is it possible to do a double bachelors degree from TESU and still only do the minimum 6 credits?

Thank you.
It will be 9 minimum credits because there are 2 separate capstones + SOS 110 cornerstone.

Then for the BA in Computer Science, you need a final UL course in order to reach 18 UL, which you could try and pass the TECEP networking. Or else you need to take a TESU course such as Software Engineering. Then you would be at 12 credits/4 courses at TESU.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(09-26-2022, 11:25 PM)LevelUP Wrote: It will be 9 minimum credits because there are 2 separate capstones + SOS 110 cornerstone.

Then for the BA in Computer Science, you need a final UL course in order to reach 18 UL

Okay so 9 or 18. I get the rationale for 9. 6 credits from cornerstone and capstone then 3 more from another degree capstone. Can you help me understand what you are talking about with the 18?
(09-27-2022, 12:02 AM)CanICode Wrote:
(09-26-2022, 11:25 PM)LevelUP Wrote: It will be 9 minimum credits because there are 2 separate capstones + SOS 110 cornerstone.

Then for the BA in Computer Science, you need a final UL course in order to reach 18 UL

Okay so 9 or 18. I get the rationale for 9. 6 credits from cornerstone and capstone then 3 more from another degree capstone. Can you help me understand what you are talking about with the 18?

You need 18 UL credits in your AOS

MIS Study.com
Database Management Study.com
Systems Analysis Study.com
Computer Architecture Study.com
TECEP Networking or TESU course
Capstone TESU course
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
Basically, yes to everything, and you have 1 cornerstone for both degrees, 2 capstones... Just follow the WIKI. 
Just in case you missed it, here's a post of mine: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid376723 
I responded back to your inquiry into TECEPs too... https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid378356

And the kicker is... anyone who does the edx micro master can get the SOS 110 transferred in...
Thus, only two capstones required at TESU will net anyone a BSBA CIS and BACS double degree.
Both the BSBA CIS and BACS will require 18 upper level credits in the Area of Study...

Out of State - Residency Waiver - TESU Fees
App: $50
Grad: $298
Edx SOS-110 $498
Capstone: $1,605
Residency: $3,288
Sub Total: $5,739
Add second Capstone: $1,605
Total: $7,344

You may want to read the entire thread... Costs Reference: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid376838
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 4 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • Arto, FastTrackDegree, inf, lucillegyl
(09-27-2022, 12:14 AM)LevelUP Wrote: You need 18 UL credits in your AOS

MIS Study.com
Capstone TESU course

Another possibility for the BACS to get to 18 UL credits is to have an UL credit in your Additional AOS electives. That should be covered by the SAS Advanced Programmer Professional Certificate. Or take the IBM Full Stack one and the CLD-420 should go into regular AOS electives.

https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Coursera

Either Coursera cert may be a significant time investment, but probably not as much as trying to pass the Networking TECEP!
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(09-27-2022, 12:14 AM)LevelUP Wrote:
(09-27-2022, 12:02 AM)CanICode Wrote:

You need 18 UL credits in your AOS

MIS Study.com
Capstone TESU course

But do I need to do the 18 credits at TESU or can the 18 UL credits be from SDC ect.?

(09-27-2022, 12:20 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Basically, yes to everything, and you have 1 cornerstone for both degrees, 2 capstones... Just follow the WIKI. 
Just in case you missed it, here's a post of mine: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid376723 
I responded back to your inquiry into TECEPs too... https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid378356

And the kicker is... anyone who does the edx micro master can get the SOS 110 transferred in...
Thus, only two capstones required at TESU will net anyone a BSBA CIS and BACS double degree.
Both the BSBA CIS and BACS will require 18 upper level credits in the Area of Study...

Out of State - Residency Waiver - TESU Fees
App: $50
Grad: $298
Edx SOS-110 $498
Capstone: $1,605
Residency: $3,288
Sub Total: $5,739
Add second Capstone: $1,605
Total: $7,344

You may want to read the entire thread... Costs Reference: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid376838

So just to be clear, the 18 UL credits do not have to be from TESU right? They can be SDC or whatever right?

Second, do you know any other good degree combos that go well with a COMPSCI degree outside of BSBA CIS? I am thinking of getting a WGU MBA and am wondering if this is a redundant degree.
(09-28-2022, 10:06 PM)CanICode Wrote: So just to be clear, the 18 UL credits do not have to be from TESU right? They can be SDC or whatever right?

Second, do you know any other good degree combos that go well with a COMPSCI degree outside of BSBA CIS? I am thinking of getting a WGU MBA and am wondering if this is a redundant degree.

The 18cr of UL do not have to be from TESU.

Not sure why anyone is advising a 2nd degree in most situations - most people are perfectly good with a single degree, but it is pushed HARD by some people on this forum.

Anyway, if you get a BACS and then go get an MBA, you're fine.  There's absolutely no need to get a BSBA as well as a BACS.  The only thing that might make things easier for the MBA (especially if you want to finish in a single term) is taking business courses through Sophia or Study.com or whatever.  They might make concepts easier to grasp.  But you don't need a degree to do this (the courses can be done as electives, or even after you finish your BACS).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • davewill
(09-29-2022, 12:44 AM)dfrecore Wrote: Not sure why anyone is advising a 2nd degree in most situations - most people are perfectly good with a single degree, but it is pushed HARD by some people on this forum.

More career opportunities. It's not like getting a 2nd degree in Fine Arts, where there'd be little/no overlap of courses. Getting the BACS and the BSBA CIS only requires taking a handful of extra courses, so long as one plans ahead. Getting an extra degree for very little additional time/money investment is great.

This is ESPECIALLY true when the student wants to possibly continue on to an MBA. Without a Business degree, it can be much more expensive, and difficult, to get an MBA in some cases. This might or might not be true of the WGU MBA, but not everyone wants or is able to do a degree from WGU.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Arto
(09-29-2022, 03:24 AM)rachel83az Wrote:
(09-29-2022, 12:44 AM)dfrecore Wrote: Not sure why anyone is advising a 2nd degree in most situations - most people are perfectly good with a single degree, but it is pushed HARD by some people on this forum.

More career opportunities. It's not like getting a 2nd degree in Fine Arts, where there'd be little/no overlap of courses. Getting the BACS and the BSBA CIS only requires taking a handful of extra courses, so long as one plans ahead. Getting an extra degree for very little additional time/money investment is great.

This is ESPECIALLY true when the student wants to possibly continue on to an MBA. Without a Business degree, it can be much more expensive, and difficult, to get an MBA in some cases. This might or might not be true of the WGU MBA, but not everyone wants or is able to do a degree from WGU.

This is a old wives’ tale (myth) shared on this forum more often than not - although it is true that some MBA programs require a few prerequisites courses that are generally included in a business bachelor, most MBA student did not graduate with a business degree. Actually, an MBA is an ideal way for a non-business undergrad to gain credible (and documented) business knowledge. And although some with say that the articles below are a few years old, the last one points out there has been a decline of enrollment in MBA programs (personally, I believe it still ranks as a top option for many people - especially if you don't have a business bachelor; for reasons stated above).  So, more and more colleges and university are offering MBAs, yet enrollment is declining - that leave far more less programs requiring the prerequisites they once did (less competitive overall); resume/work experience is often more important. Also, there are alternatives to gaining those prerequisites that don't require an entire bushiness degree; two of the most common MBA prerequisites are actually not even business courses (statistics and economics).

https://www.usnews.com/education/best-gr...ba-student
https://www.earnest.com/blog/what-should...et-an-mba/
https://www.onlinemba.com/resources/is-m...ss-degree/
https://www.bestcolleges.com/business/mb...-worth-it/
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • carrythenothing

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 16 717 50 minutes ago
Last Post: Captainrekt000
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,981 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 262 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 232 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 270 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,159 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 392 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 569 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch