Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LIB-495 Capstone question.
So, I wanted to give an update as to my progess in the Capstone. I have four weeks left, and I would like to bloviate about my general observations.

I am presently finishing up my 5th writing assignment. I have received an 89% on the first writing assignment and 85% on the second and third. The fourth assignment has been submitted, but not yet graded. I am NOT pleased with these grades. Honestly, I am a little worried. I have been dinged on things such as right justification of the page. Although all of the Capstone samples that I see do not have an even right margin, my mentor wants to see it.

We have not had ANY of our discussions graded yet. I am completely done with discussions. A few of us have bolted ahead in the discussions, and are pretty much done with those requirements. I assume the mentor will just enter them all into the gradebook at the end of the course. ETS Proficiency exam is done and seemed useless. Waiting for that grade to be entered in gradebook, also.

It seems as if we have lost at least a little more than half of our class. Our first discussion forum had 15 participants. We are now down to 7 participants, with any regularity. A few of them posting weeks after the discussions are due.

Anyhow, just wanted to share my experience, and see if anyone else had any input or wanted to share their experience. Glad to have it almost done, and can't wait to move on to a second Bachelor.
Western Governor's University
MSCSIA - Completed 2020.  Program completed in 8 months.
Cybersecurity Scholarship Recipient
Thomas Edison State University
B.A.L.S 2019 
ASNSM - Computer Science - 2018 
Pierpont College
Board of Governor's AAS, AOE Information Systems - 2017

Sounds like you will do fine. With strong B's on draft pages, your final capstone will be great. My mentor had his own quirks and your's is not too terribly bad. With what you have said so far I think you have a final B - A range coming if you do well on your final capstone.
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
Studying Project Management, History, Business, Foreign languages, and culture. 
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
TESU BALS Social Sciences Confirmed 2019
UAF Foreign Languages German 2019 Finished 
City of Ur - 2019 Capstone is here
[-] The following 1 user Likes vetvso's post:
  • ChilliDawg
4th writing assignment just came in scored at a 90%.  Yay.  Feeling a little better than the 'B' grades.  

Had some positive feedback from the mentor.  Almost done with the 5th assignment, and have already put most of my final capstone together.
B.A.L.S 2019 
Pierpont College

If you follow the rubric and guidelines set by your mentor, you are bound to get a decent grade. I would gladly take the B's because they aren't bad grades. Plus, those are high B's that you got. Additionally, you could follow the sample papers and come out with a good grade as well.
Georgia Institute of Technology: MS in Analytics (3/32 Credits)
Boston University: MS in Software Development
Thomas Edison State University: BA in Liberal Studies
(04-03-2019, 01:27 PM)MrBossmanJr Wrote: If you follow the rubric and guidelines set by your mentor, you are bound to get a decent grade. I would gladly take the B's because they aren't bad grades. Plus, those are high B's that you got. Additionally, you could follow the sample papers and come out with a good grade as well.

Mr. Bossman, 

I found out that the Mentors definitely have their individual quirks.  I had points taken off for doing something that every sample paper had.   For the most part, the samples are very good, and they were certainly a nice guide to have.

If it goes as planned, I should not have to receive a very high score on my final Captsone in order to pass the class.  That being my primary concern.
B.A.L.S 2019 
Pierpont College

Is it even required to justify an APA format paper? I mean it can look visually appealing, but one comes across several papers that are not neatly justified. Plus, I have seen that justifying the reference section is quite difficult. It often spreads out the characters very wide apart. Has anyone else faced this?
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,975 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Quick question about MAN-3760 & MAN-3730 jg_nuy 7 475 03-20-2024, 08:53 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  LIB 4950 Capstone GS or OL evenFair23 8 360 03-04-2024, 09:28 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Age waiver question - 18 year old jg_nuy 26 2,046 03-01-2024, 06:26 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Liberal Arts Capstone resistk 15 1,325 12-18-2023, 02:38 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Register for Capstone Kones 12 1,038 12-04-2023, 08:20 PM
Last Post: resistk
  TESU multiple degrees / residency question Sean1234 12 1,125 11-03-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Question about passing grades Randyb100 9 795 10-16-2023, 12:58 AM
Last Post: Randyb100
  O Capstone! My Capstone Kab 12 1,143 08-03-2023, 03:06 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  CMP-354 Essay question examples. CanICode 2 536 07-18-2023, 04:07 PM
Last Post: fmsoa