Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Real cost of TESU courses
Am I reading correctly that a 3 credit course at TESU is almost $3000?
That makes INformation literacy, capstone and residency waiver a good 9000 dollars Huh

That is too expensive
(12-06-2020, 10:52 AM)Seagull Wrote: Am I reading correctly that a 3 credit course at TESU is almost $3000?
That makes INformation literacy, capstone and residency waiver a good 9000 dollars Huh

That is too expensive
Where are you seeing that? I just paid $1,550 for SOS-110 Info Literacy. And received a $1000 grant for COVID setbacks from the school.
Seagull Wrote:Hi,
How to get an application waiver?

Thanks

Hey, you have disabled your private messages. Here is my answer - TESU doesn't have an application waiver. Brandman, Excelsior, WGU and many more have free applications if you have taken courses at their partner providers such as any ACE course provider. BTW, I replied to your post https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid323714

Seagull - Not sure which part of the country you're in or if you're international...
This is how much it would cost me for my degree at TESU, the BA in Computer Science.

Application fee: $50
Graduation fee: $298
3 credit tuition: $399x3 = $1197
Residency Waiver: $3192
TESU Total: $4737

I also got the Covid Scholarship, so take the number off by a grand and you have $3737.
That's for the entire 4 year degree, not just 1 year, but 4 years and I transferred everything...
Last but not least, all other fees to get here (114 credits) are not included.

Update: You may want to view this thread or other threads I've talked about for Residency Waiver vs 16 Credits
Link: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid323058
Link: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ng-Courses
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
TESU is like $1500 per 3 credit course. I live in NJ so I get the $1200 pricing. You still need a 6 credit minimum at TESU to graduate.
You guys need help with your math so I'm here to save the day   Wink

A 3 credit course is exactly $1,557 unless you live in New Jersey.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(12-06-2020, 10:52 AM)Seagull Wrote: Am I reading correctly that a 3 credit course at TESU is almost $3000?

That is too expensive

TESU is pricy - the most expensive of the Big 3 at this point.  So they aren't my first choice for many degrees (in looking for my kids to get degrees, TESU is not on the list for either; won't get it for my husband there either).

They are good for some though, so the cost is not a deal-breaker.  But if you're looking for a cheap degree, I'd probably do COSC first if you have at least 24cr from an RA school, and EC second if you don't.  TESU is third.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(12-06-2020, 01:07 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
Seagull Wrote:Hi,
How to get an application waiver?

Thanks

Hey, you have disabled your private messages.  Here is my answer - TESU doesn't have an application waiver.  Brandman, Excelsior, WGU and many more have free applications if you have taken courses at their partner providers such as any ACE course provider.  BTW, I replied to your post https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid323714

Seagull - Not sure which part of the country you're in or if you're international...  
This is how much it would cost me for my degree at TESU, the BA in Computer Science.

Application fee: $50
Graduation fee: $298
3 credit tuition: $399x3 = $1197
Residency Waiver: $3192
TESU Total: $4737

I also got the Covid Scholarship, so take the number off by a grand and you have $3737.
That's for the entire 4 year degree, not just 1 year, but 4 years and I transferred everything...
Last but not least, all other fees to get here (114 credits) are not included.

Update: You may want to view this thread or other threads I've talked about for Residency Waiver vs 16 Credits
Link: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid323058
Link: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ng-Courses
TESU tuition and fees page confused me at first.

Oh the application waiver is with COSC but maybe won't need it.

If I take Capstone now at TESU does it renew enrollment for a year?

(12-06-2020, 05:04 PM)LevelUP Wrote: You guys need help with your math so I'm here to save the day   Wink

A 3 credit course is exactly $1,557 unless you live in New Jersey.
Thanks. I was a little confused.
(12-06-2020, 08:33 PM)Seagull Wrote: If I take Capstone now at TESU does it renew enrollment for a year?

Yes, registering for any course (including the cornerstone, capstone, or even TECEP exams) at TESU will matriculate you to a fully enrolled student 10 days after the start of the term. Your enrolled status will last for 12 months. Enrollment automatically renews for another 12 months each time you register for and begin another course.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 16 2,308 1 hour ago
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 523 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 451 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 475 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 258 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,228 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 232 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 375 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  UC Berkeley Extension courses can transfer ItsNeverTheLionsYear 2 304 03-18-2024, 11:16 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Zero Textbook Cost (ZTC) Courses LevelUP 6 421 03-18-2024, 09:40 AM
Last Post: rachel83az