Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU BALS Concentration in General Management
Anyone have a degree plan for a BALS with a concentration in general management or have gone this route? I just got off the phone with EdAssist (I get education reimbursement from work) and it sounds like I can get reimbursed for a liberal arts degree! I previously thought I’d be restricted to only a business degree or something else more related to my business. I’m still combing through my options but this one from TESU sounds like it may work well with what I have already in credits and will still be somewhat business related to look okay work wise. I’ll be planning on looking into a masters program in business after I’m done with my BA. I’m counting down the days for my Sophia English Comp II class to be done so that I can start submitting transcripts to figure out what my plan is

[Image: a07efbe195ba4de4996446c33e0290be.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you have any credits at all yet? If not, the first thing to do is to go to Sophia and take everything but College Readiness and the Foundations courses. That will give you something like 84 credits, IIRC, and then you can plan where to go from there.
I posted a picture in my original post of my credits so far. Are you able to see them?

I’ve taken everything from Sophia that didn’t overlap what I already had from Aleks and Straighterline. I took advantage of the free period to the fullest

If your works pay for your tuition then I would plan on taking at least 16 credits at TESU to avoid the waiver fee (unless you can get verification they can pay that. Usually this fee isn't covered under reimbursement.) If the waiver can be paid for then you just do 6 credits at TESU.

You have to take 6 credits at TESU. So you just need to take 10 more credits. If you want to take less actual classes to get to 16, TESU offers 6 credit classes like Social Psych and a couple of History ones that count towards UL in a TESU degree. It might be easier to do 12 additional credits after the 6 since most classes are 3 credits. TECEPs don't count towards this.

But then take all other non TESU courses through ACE looks like you almost have it done.
I would apply to TESU and get an evaluation done for both the BALS and the BSBA. Since work is going to pay a set amount for you, you might to take 16-18 credits through TESU to skip the residency waiver requirement and also hit the second Bachelors. 1 cornerstone, 2 capstones, is already 9 credits. You can take the Associates Capstone if you want an Associates of Applied Science degree en route to the Bachelors. That leaves you with only 4 credits, you can take another 3 credit course along with the 1 credit Jane Austen course. The 3 credit course I recommend is the new SOS-240 so you can do an easier Capstone for the BALS.

I get into too much/too fast and it gets confusing, follow these steps as you're missing several courses for a BALS and/or BSBA:
For BALS UL: Easiest is the TEEX Death Investigation $75 (get a second monitor for multi-tasking) and Coopersmith, Davar, Study.com
For BSBA UL: Easiest is Davar, Study.com - you should decide on General Management or another AOS concentration first
1) BSBA/BALS - InstantCertCredit.com - American Government for $20 + $15 proctor fee (Civic Engagement)
2) BSBA GM - InstantCertCredit.com - UL Managerial Accounting $20 + $15 proctor fee, AOS
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(09-03-2020, 05:58 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: I would apply to TESU and get an evaluation done for both the BALS and the BSBA. Since work is going to pay a set amount for you, you might to take 16-18 credits through TESU to skip the residency waiver requirement and also hit the second Bachelors. 1 cornerstone, 2 capstones, is already 9 credits. You can take the Associates Capstone if you want an Associates of Applied Science degree en route to the Bachelors. That leaves you with only 4 credits, you can take another 3 credit course along with the 1 credit Jane Austen course. The 3 credit course I recommend is the new SOS-240 so you can do an easier Capstone for the BALS.

I get into too much/too fast and it gets confusing, follow these steps as you're missing several courses for a BALS and/or BSBA:
For BALS UL: Easiest is the TEEX Death Investigation $75 (get a second monitor for multi-tasking) and Coopersmith, Davar, Study.com
For BSBA UL: Easiest is Davar, Study.com - you should decide on General Management or another AOS concentration first
1) BSBA/BALS - InstantCertCredit.com - American Government for $20 + $15 proctor fee (Civic Engagement)
2) BSBA GM - InstantCertCredit.com - UL Managerial Accounting $20 + $15 proctor fee, AOS

How would the second Bachelors route look like? Would I work on one after the other? I’d probably skip the associates. So both capstones could go towards my 16-18 credits to avoid the residency waiver? How many additional credits would we be talking?

I’ll look into some of the UL credit courses you mentioned. I was only looking at courses from study.com or Davar that would work for a BSBA or was pretty much ready to bite the bullet and get at minimum 30 credits from my school of choice just to avoid paying more out of pocket but this newfound information of going the BALS route has me rethinking my plan to get things done quicker.

(09-03-2020, 05:28 PM)oroseeo Wrote: I posted a picture in my original post of my credits so far. Are you able to see them?

I’ve taken everything from Sophia that didn’t overlap what I already had from Aleks and Straighterline. I took advantage of the free period to the fullest

Ah. I hadn't noticed the image. I shouldn't be posting in the middle of the night, haha.
oroseeo Wrote:How would the second Bachelors route look like? Would I work on one after the other? I’d probably skip the associates. So both capstones could go towards my 16-18 credits to avoid the residency waiver? How many additional credits would we be talking?

I’ll look into some of the UL credit courses you mentioned. I was only looking at courses from study.com or Davar that would work for a BSBA or was pretty much ready to bite the bullet and get at minimum 30 credits from my school of choice just to avoid paying more out of pocket but this newfound information of going the BALS route has me rethinking my plan to get things done quicker.

I've seen your previous posts, it seems like you're deciding on the BALS vs the BSBA. It all depends on a few variables and if you're looking at cheap/easy/fast or a mix of the three. First, a BALS with General Management is a waste, in the end, it still is a BALS and one/two of those classes may not be alt-credit-friendly. Second, you mentioned taking 30 credits, unless it's from a competency based degree provider such as Brandman or WGU, that will cost much more than I would pay. In order to use the tuition assistance/reimbursement to the max, I would take half of those credits this year and half of those credits next year, then graduate both and pay one grad fee. Lastly, because you don't already have an associates, I would get one or two of the freebies added...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU or somewhere else for IT/CS related degree? tdat314 9 429 Yesterday, 11:42 PM
Last Post: tdat314
  Possible TESU BACS + BS CIS/BSBA Finance Advice bigsquirrel7 1 142 04-23-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  BS IT - TESU or Purdue ChickenEnjoyer 1 157 04-23-2024, 11:36 AM
  LUO or TESU for BSBA kimberlyagapril 5 259 04-16-2024, 01:06 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  UMPI BABA Project Management with Zero Starting Credits ChickenEnjoyer 39 2,562 04-07-2024, 09:23 AM
Last Post: layermonkey
  Fish and Wildlife Management options Daniel14 13 497 04-04-2024, 07:50 AM
Last Post: RJ77
  TESU - BA CS + BS CIS ahmedeo0510@gmail.com 12 472 04-03-2024, 12:34 PM
  UMPI BABA Management & Leadership Plan Questions Aurelijus 10 607 03-21-2024, 05:09 PM
  Critique and Advice on Plan for Computer Science BA from TESU aseneca 6 515 03-19-2024, 10:59 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  UMPI BABA Management & Leadership Degree Plan, potentially transferring ~50 Credits chrsghs 17 982 03-14-2024, 06:05 PM