• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU BSBA Degree plan review
Ethics in Technology is a DSST exam
Study.com has BUS 120: International Business
Study.com & Sophia have Project Management
Study.com has BUS 314: Employment Law

CSU-Global has HRM440S: Recruitment, Selection & Employee Development
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Looks good, altho you can CLEP Eng. I&II by taking the non-modular English Comp CLEP.

(08-09-2019, 12:01 AM)dfrecore Wrote: Ethics in Technology is a DSST exam

They still need 30 @ WGU.
Up next:  WGU MSCSIA - Early 2023
Dropped:  WGU MSITM - Wasn't my cup of tea
Completed:  WGU BSCSIA (started 10/1/2018, finished 01/11/2019), Pierpont BOG AAS (5/2018)
Journey Thread (MSITM): https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...TM-Journey
Journey Thread (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ersecurity
Degree Spreadsheet (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/attachm...p?aid=2602

(08-09-2019, 11:46 AM)quigongene Wrote: Looks good, altho you can CLEP Eng. I&II by taking the non-modular English Comp CLEP.

(08-09-2019, 12:01 AM)dfrecore Wrote: Ethics in Technology is a DSST exam

They still need 30 @ WGU.

The current course plan has 31 credits at WGU, do you know if it varies by degree? When looking through the courses at WGU for this degree it only lists 22 credits as non-transferable. And if I can reduce the number down that would be nice.

Currently, I have these with WGU:

Critical reasoning 3cr
Intro to HR Management 3cr
Marketing Applications 3cr
Spreadsheets 3cr
Change Management 3cr
Operations & Supply Chain Management 3cr
Business Strategy 3cr
Training & Development 3cr
Business Management Tasks 3cr
Business Management Capstone Written Project 4cr
(08-09-2019, 11:54 AM)coloradocale Wrote:
(08-09-2019, 11:46 AM)quigongene Wrote: They still need 30 @ WGU.

The current course plan has 31 credits at WGU, do you know if it varies by degree? When looking through the courses at WGU for this degree it only lists 22 credits as non-transferable. And if I can reduce the number down that would be nice.

You still need to complete 30 through WGU.   The list of options you can transfer in is just that - a list of course options you can transfer in; mix and match them as you like to get to the 90, but in the end at least 30 must be completed with WGU.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

(08-05-2019, 09:33 PM)natshar Wrote:
(08-05-2019, 09:30 PM)coloradocale Wrote: It's the Digital Animation & Visual Effects School (DAVE School), the classes I took there are from when it was ACICS accredited plus are pretty focused for the Gaming/VFX industry that I doubt they'll be accepted anywhere else (http://www.daveschool.com/programs/game-...a-program/)

DAVE School is RA accredited now and I would be able to use the 60 credits from the certificate program I completed there but I'm pretty sure completing the degree there would require moving back to Orlando to take some of the courses (which I have very, very little interest in at the moment with my current job and living situation)

Yeah. You are right they probably won't be accepted. But it doesn't hurt to at least send your transcripts to TESU and see what happens, you never know unless you try.

Also if you are starting from scratch EC, COSC, WGU are all cheaper. Just wanted to make sure you were aware.
TESU has a better reputation.
(08-11-2019, 12:11 PM)indigoshuffle Wrote:
(08-05-2019, 09:33 PM)natshar Wrote:
(08-05-2019, 09:30 PM)coloradocale Wrote: It's the Digital Animation & Visual Effects School (DAVE School), the classes I took there are from when it was ACICS accredited plus are pretty focused for the Gaming/VFX industry that I doubt they'll be accepted anywhere else (http://www.daveschool.com/programs/game-...a-program/)

DAVE School is RA accredited now and I would be able to use the 60 credits from the certificate program I completed there but I'm pretty sure completing the degree there would require moving back to Orlando to take some of the courses (which I have very, very little interest in at the moment with my current job and living situation)

Yeah. You are right they probably won't be accepted. But it doesn't hurt to at least send your transcripts to TESU and see what happens, you never know unless you try.

Also if you are starting from scratch EC, COSC, WGU are all cheaper. Just wanted to make sure you were aware.
TESU has a better reputation.

It does? Outside of the State of New Jersey, I don't think it does. None of the big 3 or WGU have reputations. really (good or bad).

TESU and WGU both offer ACSB accredited business degrees. They both have the word "University" in their name.

The reason I was suggesting WGU is because it is 3k cheaper, potentially faster, less likely to change policies without notice and easier to use financial aid such as pell grant. Especially, if one were to use the Pell Grant and Straigherline Scholarship, WGU would be much cheaper than TESU. For myself, if I were to choose a school for a business degree right now I'd pick WGU honestly. It is too late for me to go back and choose WGU now, I've already got a plan and am almost done.

If OP lives in the State of New Jersey, then yes TESU would probably have a better reputation.

I know TESU is/was the most common choice for people on this forum because until recently they were the cheapest. However, they have increased their prices and made increasing frustrating policies as well. Newbies are on this forum are starting to choose other options. But just because a lot of people on this fourm chose TESU at one point, that doesn't mean its reputation is better.
[-] The following 1 user Likes natshar's post:
  • eriehiker

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 17 729 2 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,983 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Electronics Engineering degree plan advice trailbounder 5 288 03-18-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: davewill
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 262 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Is an academic certificate a degree for the purposes of "new" credits? Am I screwed? ItsNeverTheLionsYear 3 243 03-13-2024, 08:53 PM
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 233 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 273 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Double Degree How To kowenboy 3 238 02-29-2024, 01:05 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Tough Dual Concentration BS Degree Possible??? GameSlinger 7 606 02-28-2024, 04:31 AM
Last Post: GameSlinger