Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU BSBA-GM Plan Help
Hello,

I am getting back into the degree plan after being out of the game for about 4 years. I used this forum years back and it helped me to obtain over 75 credit in a little over a year. It’s been so long that I forgot my old login. I had applied back then to TESU and luckily I was able to get all of my credit in. I just reapplied with TESU and got my new Academic Evaluation (Attached). They are only counting 71 but not so upset after a long absence. 

My goal is simple...I want to obtain my BSBA. I chose General Management but not married to it. I am currently an executive with a major bank and find myself on at the ceiling without the bachelors. My original goal was to simply do obtain the piece of paper however I find myself learning a lot from the general education found the experience very rewarding. Now that I am in the business specific area primarily I feel like I am in my element. 

I have been looking through the forum and wanted to see if anyone can point me in the right direction on threads/information on course equivalencies. When possible, prefer alternative methods to traditional coursework. I have been searching through the forum and couldn’t find a master list but my apologies if I missed it. I was used to the old Wiki that had a page on it but I snoozed on this for too long. 

Thank you advance to anyone who can lead me in the right direction. Again, my apologies is the answer was staring me in the face and I missed it.

Attached Files
.xlsx   TESU May 2020.xlsx (Size: 13.43 KB / Downloads: 80)
COM209 -> Sophia public speaking
SOS110-> TESU, cornerstone
Understanding the physical natural world: Sophia Environmental Science, Human Biology, Intro to IT (2/3)
STA-201 -> ALEKS or Sophia intro stat (1)
ACC-102 -> StraighterLine Principles of Managerial Accounting , Study.com Accounting 102: Intro to Managerial Accounting (1)
MAN-373 -> study.com Business 324: Managerial Communication
BUS-421 -> TESU, capstone
3 courses in AOS I'd need to look up, but I'd suggest at Study.com

Just noticed the coloring; for micro/macro/acc101 you could use Sophia too.
Sophia courses are free till July 31.
Critical Information Literacy and the Business Admin Capstone will both have to be taken at TESU, there is no way to test out of them.
Right now, Sophia has free classes going on for generic accounts. If you sign up and don’t select your target school, you can access public speaking, biology, environmental science, and intro to statistics which would (I am pretty certain) fill in several blanks on your spreadsheet at no cost to you.
You have 1 more area in your area of study to hit. You have to have at least one class in 3 out or 4 areas. You have marketing and finance covered. Management or accounting either way could be good choices with your experience.
I haven’t found a consistent answer for equivalencies between TESU and Sophia. Study.com is: https://study.com/directory/school/Thoma...ransferTab
Study has the most options for upper level credit that I’ve found.
TESU BSBA Gen Mgmt - In progress
Straighterline - 72 credits
Sophia - 35 credits
Study.com - 21 credits
TEEX - 6 credits
East MS CC, Jackson State CC, Univ of TN at Martin, Olivet Nazarene, TESU - 27 credits
Goal: teaching cert, state of GA
You can use sophia for natural world with environmental science and biology. Also sophia for public speaking. Sophia for micro, macro and accounting. All free.

I don't think anyone else mentioned but also sophias project management course on sophia would be in aos and also free! And hits the management area.

Then you only need to do two aos courses at Study.com.

Sos 110 and capstone both must be taken at tesu.

Also what catalog year are you on?

and maybe ask if supervision can be moved to aos. Worth a shot.
Sophia is free now till July 31st so take those courses ASAP.

You need these Sophia courses for TESU BSBA General Management:
environmental science
human biology
public speaking
macroeconomics
microeconomics
accounting (comes in financial accounting)
project management (AOS course)

Most people just take csmlearn.com which fulfills the Stats requirement. It's free for the first 2 hours, then $39. If you can get 25% done in 2 hours, I would go for that course. But you could try Sophia's Introduction to Statistics as well which is free.

24 total credits

The rest can be done SL and Study.com:
Business Law
Principles of Finance
Business in Society
Principles of Managerial Accounting
Business Communications
1 UL course
1 LL course (AOS)

21 credit

71+24+21= 116 total
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • natshar
(05-18-2020, 01:25 PM)jcooke Wrote: Critical Information Literacy and the Business Admin Capstone will both have to be taken at TESU, there is no way to test out of them.

I thought the Critical Information Literacy requirement was fulfilled with tech writing, which is a TECEP or a DSST.
(05-18-2020, 03:15 PM)rachel83az Wrote:
(05-18-2020, 01:25 PM)jcooke Wrote: Critical Information Literacy and the Business Admin Capstone will both have to be taken at TESU, there is no way to test out of them.

I thought the Critical Information Literacy requirement was fulfilled with tech writing, which is a TECEP or a DSST.

Used to be able to but ever since 2019 you have to take sos-110 at TESU.
(05-18-2020, 03:19 PM)natshar Wrote:
(05-18-2020, 03:15 PM)rachel83az Wrote:

Used to be able to but ever since 2019 you have to take sos-110 at TESU.

Well, that really sucks.
On my wife academic evaluation it says sos-110 may be used to fulfill the required info literacy requirement or as an elective. So it looks like you can still use another option for Info literacy.
(05-18-2020, 08:57 PM)rixbae Wrote: On my wife academic evaluation it says sos-110 may be used to fulfill the required info literacy requirement or as an elective. So it looks like you can still use another option for Info literacy.

You must be on an old catalog. Prior to 2019, because anything labeled 2019a or newer requires 110.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Possible TESU BACS + BS CIS/BSBA Finance Advice bigsquirrel7 1 69 Yesterday, 12:53 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  BS IT - TESU or Purdue ChickenEnjoyer 1 58 Yesterday, 11:36 AM
  Tips on how I can best plan my future Mems88 5 577 04-20-2024, 09:22 PM
  Advice on Transfer Credits for CS and Math at TESU Frederico.Sandoval 1 115 04-20-2024, 11:29 AM
  Degree Plan Advice dm.hans32 9 622 04-18-2024, 07:06 AM
Last Post: dm.hans32
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 58 2,074 04-18-2024, 12:31 AM
  SNHU BS Data Analytics course plan, advice? sole13 8 243 04-17-2024, 02:03 PM
Last Post: sole13
  TESU or somewhere else for IT/CS related degree? tdat314 6 247 04-17-2024, 01:34 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  LUO or TESU for BSBA kimberlyagapril 5 204 04-16-2024, 01:06 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Teaching plan? Piwi737 9 371 04-07-2024, 10:32 PM