Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU BSBA in CIS
Hello everyone and first of all - thank you for all the helpful info - I have not been on here in a while, I took a break from school - trying to finish up now

I was originally going to do a BSBA in General Management  - I am enrolled at TESU under that degree plan. However I now think I want to be a Salesforce Admin and am working towards getting my CompTIA A+ and then hopefully I can work on the Salesforce cert after that.

Having said that - I think it would be better for me to switch to the BSBA in CIS (https://www.tesu.edu/business/bsba/compu...on-systems) since all my current credits will apply towards that same degree, but it will look better when i eventually try to apply for IT positions.

However I am hoping for some advice on whether Study.com offers any of the upper level requirements. I know basic Javascript and have made a few simple CRUD apps so i am hoping the classes would not be too difficult

Please see attached screenshot, this is what the TESU eval page shows when I select the 'What if I changed my degree plan to..." and put in BSBA CIS. these area of study classes are the ones I am hoping to find alternative providers for. thank you so much everyone

Attached Files
.png   Screen Shot 2019-04-07 at 1.31.40 PM.png (Size: 149 KB / Downloads: 53)
My recommendations have been the following courses from the Business & Computer Science transfer tabs.
Link: https://study.com/directory/school/Thoma...ransferTab
You just need one LL programming course and can choose from a couple of the UL courses.

COS-213 Programming C++ or COS-116 C Programming (Study.com LL)
CIS-320 Information Systems Analysis and Design (Study.com UL)
COS-240 Introduction to Operating Systems (Study.com LL)
MAR-441 Digital Marketing & Advertising (Study.com UL)
CIS-311 Database Management (Study.com UL)
COS-330 Computer Architecture or CIS-301 Management Info Systems (Study.com UL)
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(04-07-2019, 04:45 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: My recommendations have been the following courses from the Business & Computer Science transfer tabs.
You just need one LL programming course and can choose from a couple of the UL courses.

COS-213 Programming C++ or COS-116 C Programming  (Study.com LL)
COS-330 Computer Architecture or CIS-301 Management Info Systems (Study.com UL
So it looks like I would have to take all four of those UL classes because those are the only ones Study offers at the upper level, and TESU required 12 CR to be upper level? thank you by the way!

(04-07-2019, 07:28 PM)Mab81 Wrote:
(04-07-2019, 04:45 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: My recommendations have been the following courses from the Business & Computer Science transfer tabs.

So it looks like I would have to take all four of those UL classes because those are the only ones Study offers at the upper level, and TESU required 12 CR to be upper level? thank you by the way!

There are actually five on the list that bjcheung just posted: CIS-320, MAR-441, CIS-311, COS-330, CIS-301
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
(04-07-2019, 07:31 PM)mysonx3 Wrote:

There are actually five on the list that bjcheung just posted: CIS-320, MAR-441, CIS-311, COS-330, CIS-301

according to the transfer tab, only 3 of the computer courses and 1 of the business courses (digital marketing) come in as upper level at TESU. Study shows some of them as 300 or above, but then if you look at the TESU equivalent it's only a 200
(04-07-2019, 11:45 PM)saraholson Wrote:

according to the transfer tab, only 3 of the computer courses and 1 of the business courses (digital marketing) come in as upper level at TESU. Study shows some of them as 300 or above, but then if you look at the TESU equivalent it's only a 200
You're forgetting Management Information Systems in the Business section.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
(04-07-2019, 11:45 PM)saraholson Wrote:

oh nevermind i found it, you meant in the business tab, i didn't see it there. i wish they'd put all the cos and cis together. thanks - well this is good - to have more options - MAB are u doing this degree also?
Also keep in mind that the TEEX Cybersecurity courses will fit into the BSBA CIS AoS at TESU. Now that at least some of them have been revamped to UL credit again that will also help with meeting UL AoS requirements.

The TEEX courses were UL when I took them but got downgraded before they were evaluated (they got missed in my initial eval and I didn't resend my ACE transcript until I was nearly ready to graduate) so they ended up LL in my evaluation, so I missed out on those UL credits and ended up having to find an additional UL course to make up for it.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
(04-08-2019, 02:05 AM)Merlin Wrote: Also keep in mind that the TEEX Cybersecurity courses will fit into the BSBA CIS AoS at TESU. Now that at least some of them have been revamped to UL credit again that will also help with meeting UL AoS requirements.

The TEEX courses were UL when I took them but got downgraded before they were evaluated (they got missed in my initial eval and I didn't resend my ACE transcript until I was nearly ready to graduate) so they ended up LL in my evaluation, so I missed out on those UL credits and ended up having to find an additional UL course to make up for it.

thanks Merlin - I actually asked about taking the Study dot com cybersecurity course - and my advisor told me "cybersecurity courses are not accepted in the CIS area of study". That seemed pretty weird to me - especially since they ARE accepting a marketing class - Study's digital marketing as UL. Why would you accept marketing and not cybersecurity for a CIS AOS - don't ask me.
Saraholson, I would recommend just taking the TEEX courses if you haven't already, it'll go into the AOS CIS without a hitch. That'll take a course out of the requirements if you wanted, but I would still recommend taking the LL Operating Systems, I finished it within a day. You can use the TEEX courses, all 6 credits for your FREE Electives anyways.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 375 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU AOS Finance courses Yenisei 9 721 01-15-2024, 10:31 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Business/Society splirow 15 1,440 08-12-2023, 07:32 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Current equivalency Sophia courses that will transfer to TESU Mccderm 3 906 01-06-2023, 02:31 PM
Last Post: Mccderm
  SDC Presentation Skills Class NOT transferring to TESU?? ACI 4 720 12-22-2022, 02:15 PM
Last Post: ACI
  Sophia - Intro to Python/Java Programming to TESU AllThose299s 4 1,208 11-03-2022, 01:31 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU to medical school? yum2177 9 2,950 11-01-2022, 04:00 PM
Last Post: danger455
  TESU, UMPI, EU, COSC and WGU students reen967 8 1,543 10-01-2022, 09:24 AM
Last Post: reen967
  How long does it take TESU to get the info to update? CHken92 6 1,075 05-21-2022, 03:14 PM
Last Post: CHken92
  ACTFL CREDITS to TESU Seagull 30 4,458 04-05-2022, 07:07 PM
Last Post: utility