Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Bachelors in Business Help Request
Hello. I currently have 66 units transferred into TESU from a different university and my local community college. I also took the free ethics course, one sophia course and the TEEX courses to finish up my general electives. I have not sent TESU my ace transcript yet.

I'm working towards a bachelors in business. I first wanted to get an accounting degree but I may pick a different business degree. I need the remaining classes to finish up the general ed and business core. I am not very strong in math and need the easiest way to complete these courses quickly. I am debating on attemtping straighterline, study.com or aleks. Once I complete the core and general ed I will determine what type of business degree I will go for. I tried the marketing clep and failed with a 49.

Classes I have remaining are attached.

Thank you in advance.

Attached Files
.png   image002.png (Size: 15.33 KB / Downloads: 21)
You listed more courses than you actually need for the regular BSBA/Accounting, you only need 18cr (12 of which are UL).

If you want to stick with a single provider, then you should go with Study.com - they are the only one that has all of what you need.
ENGL 104: College Composition I
MAT 105: Precalculus Algebra or MAT 107: Quantitative Literacy
STAT 101: Principles of Statistics
BUS 102: Principles of Marketing
BUS 120: International Business
ECO 102: Macroeconomics
ECO 101: Microeconomics
ACC 201: Intermediate Accounting I
ACC 202: Intermediate Accounting II
ACC 302: Advanced Accounting
ACC 301: Applied Managerial Accounting
ACC 303: Cost Accounting

Federal Income Tax you can get as a TECEP for $225.

You can also get some others at CSU-Global for $250 each
ACT405S: Federal Individual Taxation
ACT410S: Government and Nonprofit Accounting
ACT415S: Business Taxation
ACT425S: Information Systems for Accounting
ACT450S: Auditing
FIN400S: Analyzing Financial Statements

I don't know where you can get Advanced II except through TESU.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And if you're looking at the CPA track, you need to check the rules of your state to see if alternative ed is an option; it may not be.  In that case, I might seriously think about the BSBA/Accounting, and then go to WGU and get the MS in Accounting.  This is a great option, and a great price.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Thank you!! I dont mind going to multiple resources such as SL to complete the required courses. I would like to get done the fastest and/or cheapest way possible. Doing a mixture of resources is perfectly fine.

My program is listed as CPA but I am fine with just the accounting degree. I emailed my guidance counselor to please switch me to the accounting degree and not accounting/CPA.

Would it be faster and/or cheaper to complete some of these classes on SL?

SL was attracitve due to being able to pass the class before the final. But some of the reviews of its teaching style was concerning.
Thank you again!
I would recommend a mix of providers as well. Basically the StraighterLine and Study.com combo. For learning math, you might want to use the CSMLearn course and also take some College Algebra from ALEKS, then work on Business Stats at StraighterLine.

ENGL 104: College Composition I - Study.com
You need College Composition II as well, Study.com
CSM Learn for Quantitative Literacy and ALEKS for College Algebra
STAT 101: Principles of Statistics - Business Stats at SL

BUS 102: Principles of Marketing - Study.com
BUS 120: International Business - Study.com
ECO 102: Macroeconomics - StraighterLine
ECO 101: Microeconomics - StraighterLine
ACC 201: Intermediate Accounting I - StraighterLine
ACC 202: Intermediate Accounting II - Study.com
ACC 302: Advanced Accounting - Study.com
ACC 301: Applied Managerial Accounting - Study.com
ACC 303: Cost Accounting - StraighterLine

Federal Income Tax you can get as a TECEP for $225.
You can also get some others at CSU-Global for $250 each
ACT405S: Federal Individual Taxation
ACT450S: Auditing
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Thank you so much!!! I will be adding these to my plan.

For the csmlearn course, would that take the place of my bus210 quantitive methods?
So, one of the nice things about Study.com is overlap - when you take a course, there is a good chance that subsequent courses will have lessons covered by what you've already done. That is not the case with SL at all.

Another thing Study.com has going for it is the placement tests that some courses have, allowing you to test out of things that you already know. So for instance, I did the placement test (3x I think) for Human Growth & Development, and have 29% of the course complete before I've even started.

When you combine the placement tests with the overlap, you really get bang for your buck. I took the placement tests for Stats and was about 20% done, and then I completed the course. I then took the placement tests for College Math & College Algebra, and am at 42%, and 31% complete, and 29% of quantitative Lit is also done.

If you go through SL for these, you start from scratch every course. You basically lose these advantages if you're using multiple course providers. Obviously if a course doesn't have overlap or a placement test, like English Comp I, then you've nothing to lose. But I've heard that SL's English Comp courses are not good. They are complained about a lot on here.

Just my 2cents, take it for what it's worth.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Also i have my English II requirement filled from my previous credits. Just need English I.

With that being said...would study.com be the best bet? That is what I am leaning towards.

Any study.com, straight liner or Sophia discount codes?

(06-07-2019, 05:19 PM)dfrecore Wrote: So, one of the nice things about Study.com is overlap - when you take a course, there is a good chance that subsequent courses will have lessons covered by what you've already done.  That is not the case with SL at all.

Another thing Study.com has going for it is the placement tests that some courses have, allowing you to test out of things that you already know.  So for instance, I did the placement test (3x I think) for Human Growth & Development, and have 29% of the course complete before I've even started.

When you combine the placement tests with the overlap, you really get bang for your buck.  I took the placement tests for Stats and was about 20% done, and then I completed the course.  I then took the placement tests for College Math & College Algebra, and am at 42%, and 31% complete, and 29% of quantitative Lit is also done.

If you go through SL for these, you start from scratch every course.  You basically lose these advantages if you're using multiple course providers.  Obviously if a course doesn't have overlap or a placement test, like English Comp I, then you've nothing to lose.  But I've heard that SL's English Comp courses are not good.  They are complained about a lot on here.

Just my 2cents, take it for what it's worth.
Thank you very much! I think study.com will be used for many classes!
If you only need English Comp 1, I would try the College Comp Modular CLEP. All multiple choice, no writing, and free via Modern States. If you were able to pass English Comp 2, it should be a breeze for you. Your mileage may vary, of course, but you have nothing to lose by trying it
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
(06-09-2019, 11:14 AM)mysonx3 Wrote: If you only need English Comp 1, I would try the College Comp Modular CLEP. All multiple choice, no writing, and free via Modern States. If you were able to pass English Comp 2, it should be a breeze for you. Your mileage may vary, of course, but you have nothing to lose by trying it
Thank you! That is a good point. I will try the practice tests and go for it! Thanks again!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 515 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 451 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 475 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 15 2,289 04-04-2024, 08:08 AM
Last Post: Kones
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 258 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,227 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 232 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 373 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 300 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 277 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27