Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU COMPUTER SCIENCE PLAN
(03-19-2019, 03:43 PM)udi Wrote:
(03-19-2019, 12:17 PM)armstrongsubero Wrote: For the BA in Comp Sci if you're not a US citizen you'll need to take minimum 4 courses from TESU, possibly 5 cause you'll be 2 UL credits short thats not eay to get if you're outside the US.

Cater US ~10k
You can get the UL courses now without DSST and CLEP. Study.com has 3. Davar has one and TECEP has one. The problem is data structures (for now), cornerstone, and capstone. Everything else can be done elsewhere.

Can you list the 5 UL you know of? I'm on my AOS classes now and have hit a brick wall finding some of them .
BALS Social Sciences - TESU 2020
ASNSM Computer Science - TESU 2020
@udi Which TECEP is UL CS? CMP-354 is NOT a CS course. You MAY be able to get it approved from the dean though. This isnt likely for everybody, as I onow someone who got C++ approved for the onto to programming requirement and I did not.

International students must also do intro to programming at TESU in addition to those courses as OD does not accept them and TESU si very pick

I know about Davar. That 2 UL missing is with Davar, SDC or Ed4Credit MIS course. Trust me I lost sleep looking for UL courses. The new UL TEEX course saved me a LOT of money. Thank you TEEX!

As an international student currently in TESU's BA in CS program I can tell you ~10k is a good estimate. Add it yourself. People tend to forget subscription fees for Study.com, SL etc and proctoring fees etc. and of course the application fee, residency waiver and graduation fees. Sometimes you may need to pay for more months than you planned, and sometimes the course you planned to take may not be avaiable or whatever. These costs add up. Trust me I am going through it.

@mgmar22 TESU is worth it. As as internarional student its our only choice for a cheap RA degree, though the COSC CS degree is looking more lucrative each day.

A lot of other 'cheap' places either dont accept us or charge a lot cause we are international.

I'm 6 credits away from my BA in CS at TESU. That why I tell you cater ~10k and get started ASAP. Lock in this current catalog and plan in the SDC courses especially. TESU is fast becoming the most expensive and adding some strange policies.

You can spread tbe cost out over a year or two. The most important is to START.

10k is an EXCELLENT price for a CS degree most places an international student may pay that for 12 credits of so lol.

@darthweezy udi is spreading misinformation. Currently you'll be 2 UL short if you echaust all options.

Take a look at CSU Global CBE. Its a good choice for some UL courses.
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

(03-19-2019, 08:09 PM)armstrongsubero Wrote: @udi Which TECEP is UL CS? CMP-354 is NOT a CS course. You MAY be able to get it approved from the dean though. This isnt likely for everybody, as I onow someone who got C++ approved for the onto to programming requirement and I did not.

International students must also do intro to programming at TESU in addition to those courses as OD does not accept them and TESU si very pick

I know about Davar. That 2 UL missing is with Davar, SDC or Ed4Credit MIS course. Trust me I lost sleep looking for UL courses. The new UL TEEX course saved me a LOT of money. Thank you TEEX!

As an international student currently in TESU's BA in CS program I can tell you ~10k is a good estimate. Add it yourself. People tend to forget subscription fees for Study.com, SL etc and proctoring fees etc. and of course the application fee, residency waiver and graduation fees. Sometimes you may need to pay for more months than you planned, and sometimes the course you planned to take may not be avaiable or whatever. These costs add up. Trust me I am going through it.

@mgmar22 TESU is worth it. As as internarional student its our only choice for a cheap RA degree, though the COSC CS degree is looking more lucrative each day.

A lot of other 'cheap' places either dont accept us or charge a lot cause we are international.

I'm 6 credits away from my BA in CS at TESU. That why I tell you cater ~10k and get started ASAP. Lock in this current catalog and plan in the SDC courses especially. TESU is fast becoming the most expensive and adding some strange policies.

10k is an EXCELLENT price for a CS degree most places an international student may pay that for 12 credits of so lol.

@darthweezy udi is spreading misinformation. Currently you'll be 2 UL short if you echaust all options.

Are the 13 UL you're mentioning these ones?

Study.com Computer Architecture
Study.com Database Management
Study.com Systems Analysis & Design
Davar/SDC/Ed4Credit MIS
TEEX 1 credit
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
@myson3x I don't know if I missed one, but those are the ones I know except DSST etc. Share any others if you know. It may help someone on the forum sleep.

I don't need any though. Right now I just need intro to programming and data structures and bugging advising lol.
GRADUATE

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

(03-19-2019, 08:55 PM)armstrongsubero Wrote: @myson3x I don't know if I missed one, but those are the ones I know except DSST etc. Share any others if you know. It may help someone on the forum sleep.

I don't need any though. Right now I just need intro to programming and data structures and bugging advising lol.
What are the 15 UL credits you have? I know of the 12 UL from SDC but I can't find a missing UL with any of the usual places .
BALS Social Sciences - TESU 2020
ASNSM Computer Science - TESU 2020
(03-19-2019, 08:09 PM)armstrongsubero Wrote: @udi Which TECEP is UL CS? CMP-354 is NOT a CS course. You MAY be able to get it approved from the dean though. This isnt likely for everybody, as I onow someone who got C++ approved for the onto to programming requirement and I did not.

I thought TESU's CMP could be used for an upper level computer science elective, but maybe it was a mistake or has changed or was by exception. I can go to ask if this is not generally accepted.
OnlineDegree
Intro to Marketing and Strategy ($9) | Intro to Microeconomics ($9)

Study
Intro to Managerial Accounting ($70) | Advanced Accounting ($70) | Managerial Accounting ($80) | Intermediate Accounting 2 ($90) | Intermediate Accounting I ($90) | Cybersecurity Policies & Management ($80) | Management Information Systems ($80) | Data Structures & Algorithms ($80) | Intro to Programming ($70) | Computer Architecture ($70) | Calculus ($80) Database Management ($80)
Systems Analysis & Design ($70) | Discrete Math ($80) | Intro to Operation Systems ($80)

Saylor.org
Intro to Computer Science I ($25)
@darthwheezy You can look at CSU Global CBE or a TESU course. I think the cloud computing CBE transfers as a UL.

You can also contact advising. Ask them to put the network technology TECEP there. You may get lucky.

@udi The CMP classes are UL in the CIS degree not the CS degree. CS AOS classes are COS or CIS and not all CIS couses will ne accepted. I have 'CIS-360' which did not qualify for a UL AOS in the CS degree.

Though for the ASNSM CMP is allowed and advising does sometimes plan the network technology CMP-354 TECEP for the UL of their CS degree.

You may get through, or you may get a 'No' however I do think advising helps more when they see you have a few credits to go and they are more inclined to use a TECEP to fill requirements.
GRADUATE

TESU (4 cr)

(03-20-2019, 12:27 AM)armstrongsubero Wrote: @darthwheezy You can look at CSU Global CBE or a TESU course. I think the cloud computing CBE transfers as a UL.

You can also contact advising. Ask them to put the network technology TECEP there. You may get lucky.

@udi  The CMP classes are UL in the CIS degree not the CS degree. CS AOS classes are COS or CIS and not all CIS couses will ne accepted.  I have 'CIS-360' which did not qualify for a UL AOS in the CS degree.

Though for the ASNSM CMP is allowed and advising does sometimes plan the network technology CMP-354 TECEP for the UL of their CS degree.

You may get through, or you may get a 'No' however I do think advising helps more when they see you have a few credits to go and they are more inclined to use a TECEP to fill requirements.
Yeah, I remember reading about CMP-354 on this thread  

https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-TESU-BA-CS-Help

I thought the whole discussion was about the B.A. in Computer Science, but it would be helpful to know how hard it is to squeeze this through because I'm reading the Saylor course equivalent materials right now!
OnlineDegree
Intro to Marketing and Strategy ($9) | Intro to Microeconomics ($9)

Study
Intro to Managerial Accounting ($70) | Advanced Accounting ($70) | Managerial Accounting ($80) | Intermediate Accounting 2 ($90) | Intermediate Accounting I ($90) | Cybersecurity Policies & Management ($80) | Management Information Systems ($80) | Data Structures & Algorithms ($80) | Intro to Programming ($70) | Computer Architecture ($70) | Calculus ($80) Database Management ($80)
Systems Analysis & Design ($70) | Discrete Math ($80) | Intro to Operation Systems ($80)

Saylor.org
Intro to Computer Science I ($25)
(03-20-2019, 05:38 AM)udi Wrote:
(03-20-2019, 12:27 AM)armstrongsubero Wrote: @darthwheezy You can look at CSU Global CBE or a TESU course. I think the cloud computing CBE transfers as a UL.

@udi  The CMP classes are UL in the CIS degree not the CS degree. CS AOS classes are COS or CIS and not all CIS couses will ne accepted.  I have 'CIS-360' which did not qualify for a UL AOS in the CS degree.

Yeah, I remember reading about CMP-354 on this thread

https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-TESU-BA-CS-Help

I thought the whole discussion was about the B.A. in Computer Science, but it would be helpful to know how hard it is to squeeze this through because I'm reading the Saylor course equivalent materials right now!

That thread is a year old (during the 2017-2018 catalog) so there is no guarantee that anything that was discussed as acceptable then is still applicable now. If you're enrolled at TESU you could always try to pre-plan the CMP-354 TECEP today to see how it comes in.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid284149

We had a discussion recently about UL CS classes for international students, and this course at ASU came up as a suggestion for alt credit for Intro to Programming. I think paying $400 at ASU is way better than taking a $1k course at TESU, so that is some cost saving for an international student.

I'm puzzled why @armstrongsubero say internationals have to take this course at TESU.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU Credit Transfer Evaluation colonelcamp 5 91 1 hour ago
Last Post: jch
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 20 2,561 Yesterday, 02:44 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 610 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 506 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 531 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
  Has someone transferred Study.com science corses with labs and correctly transfered etwelding2019 2 342 04-04-2024, 10:10 AM
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 273 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,325 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 250 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 402 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM