Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Capstone Course - difficulty rating
(05-09-2021, 04:51 PM)Cofffeee Wrote: I saw few courses specifically for academic research papers, but they were intended for PhD candidates only. Also there were quite pricy. Sad
Dont understand why it should be such a mission to learn how to write research papers. It must be open for anyone who is interested.
But then academic  research is a money making business... sad

Missed this a few weeks ago.

Writing research papers was part of my high school, and community college Eng Comp .  And in TESU, instructions were there in the textbook with the LIB 495 textbook about narrowing down a topic and all kinds of stuff.    And part of doing SOS110 is about learning how to use the research databases.  Learning it was part of the SOS 110 and LIB 495 courses. 

Often, this is a link that is suggested as a resource. https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/general_writi...index.html

check out many of the topics on that link especially for MLA/APA stuff (citations). 

for citation method, I used the built in citation/reference tools in Google Docs and/or Word.  Google Docs seems to have the current MLA/APA versions while the version of Word I had was set up for earlier one.  and had a current writers handbook (print copy!) that had current versions.

Also for citation method, with the databases in TESU tools, there were options to click a button (Cite This) on the article you were reading and it would give you the citation (current version of many styles were available) .  A built in citation maker.

and yes! keep the annotated bibliography as you go.
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

(05-09-2021, 10:51 AM)onlinelearner99 Wrote: I will be taking the Capstone Course later this year.

For those of you who have taken it, how would you rate its difficulty?

From the syllabus, it seems that it has the longest essay paper out of all TESU courses that I have taken so far.

It seems to me that there are (several discussion posts) + four assignments that all help and lead up to the final paper on a chosen topic.
I think the entire course just leads up to completing the final paper. This may be incorrect since I have not taken it.

Based on the syllabus, it does not seem difficult, just seems lengthy.

Any pointers?

Are you taking the BSBA Capstone? I'm just finishing it now. In terms of difficulty, it's not terrible, maybe a 6 out of 10. There's lots of reading to do, plus a discussion board and case study due each week. There is a midterm as well, which for me was a little hard to study for just because there's lots of information. Try to find some flash cards on Quizlet. For the final paper, they give you three potential topics to write about. Again, it's not difficult, just lengthy and takes time. I took this class by itself and I'm glad I did. If you want to take it with another one, maybe pick an easier one. I have Dr. Campo for a mentor and while he never really interacts with the class, he does give generous grades.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 12 654 3 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Credit Transfer Evaluation colonelcamp 7 156 3 hours ago
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 20 2,576 04-23-2024, 02:44 PM
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 620 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 546 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 280 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,329 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 255 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  LIB 4950 Capstone GS or OL evenFair23 9 554 03-31-2024, 12:07 AM
Last Post: ivanswk78
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 409 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM