Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Commencement
I'm strongly considering going to TESU's Commencement in September.  For those who have been - do you have any tips or advice for the day and the activities?  What time to show up?  How long your ceremony actually lasted?

I'm concerned about the length of the program, but I would really love to walk so I just might go.  Is anyone else going?
BALS-Humanities from TESU - June 2019

CLEP - A&I Lit, US History 1, US History 2, West Civ 1, Intro Sociology, American Lit, Humanities, Soc. Sci & History, English Lit
Sophia - Intro to Info Tech, Art History 1, Visual Communications, Managing Conflict, Building Effective Teams
Study - Personal Finance, Comm 120, Math 97, Bus 121, Lib Sci 101, Eng 104, Nutrition 101, Eng 105, His 108, Pol. Sci 102, Earth Sci 104, His 308, Bus 313, His 102, Eng 305, His 105, His 106, His 306, Geometry 101, Bus 324, Com 102
Institutes - Insurance Ethics
TESU - Cornerstone, Music History 2 TECEP, LIB Capstone

Further Credits - Sophia - Conflict Resolution, Enviro Science, Microecon, Intro to Stats, Into to Ethics, Found. of Stats, Ancient Greek Philosophers, Macroecon, Intro to Business, Project Management, Accounting, Art History 2
[-] The following 1 user Likes TexasTink's post:
  • CarpeDiem8
(07-01-2019, 04:19 PM)TexasTink Wrote: I'm strongly considering going to TESU's Commencement in September.  For those who have been - do you have any tips or advice for the day and the activities?  What time to show up?  How long your ceremony actually lasted?

I'm concerned about the length of the program, but I would really love to walk so I just might go.  Is anyone else going?

Congrats. TexasTink!

We live in NJ and hubby works in nearby town, Princeton, but Trenton is not so nice, just a warning. You are fine in the area of the college, but just wanted to give you a head's up.

We do plan on going to our graduation, once we are done! Can't wait, but it will be another year!
BALS (Social Sciences) + ASNSM in CS - Sept 2022 TESU graduate
(07-01-2019, 04:22 PM)CarpeDiem8 Wrote:
(07-01-2019, 04:19 PM)TexasTink Wrote: I'm strongly considering going to TESU's Commencement in September.  For those who have been - do you have any tips or advice for the day and the activities?  What time to show up?  How long your ceremony actually lasted?

Congrats. TexasTink!

We live in NJ and hubby works in nearby town, Princeton, but Trenton is not so nice, just a warning. You are fine in the area of the college, but just wanted to give you a head's up.

We do plan on going to our graduation, once we are done! Can't wait, but it will be another year!hat's "da hood"

That's "da hood". It's nowhere near as hood as where the school actually is but you don't want to be driving around lost.  

It looks like they do Commencement at the Cure Arena and they have parking right there. It's easy to get in and out of but make sure you come on the highway - don't let Waze or any of the traffic apps take you down any side roads. There are a lot of cops there and they are directing traffic whenever there is an event so you'll be fine. 

Where are you coming from?
Amberton University, MS Human Relations & Business
Started June 2022

TESU BALS completed March 2020
Study.com (24) StraighterLine (33) Sophia (10) SHU and GCU (26) TEEX (6) Coopersmith (12) CSMLearn (3) TESU (6)
[-] The following 1 user Likes suzycupcake's post:
  • CarpeDiem8
It was such a special day. I highly recommend it if you can swing it. Here is how our day went. We arrived at the Trenton train station at about 10:00 AM and took an Uber to the TESU campus to take photos under the TESU arch (located at 111 W State St). The Uber waited for us and then took us to the Cure Insurance Arena. This cost about $35 for 5 of us traveling together. It is my favorite photo of the day. We arrived at the arena just as the doors were opening. We were among the first to check in and first in line for pinning and photos. The professional photographers took individual photos and photos with family. We then went to pick out seats and were first in line for food at the concession stand. About the time we finished all of this, the crowds started to show up and long lines were formed for all of the activities we breezed through. At about 1:00 graduates were lined up by school and a large group photo was taken. (Tip: Use the bathroom before lining up for the photo, and bring a water bottle because once you sit for the photo you are stuck there until you march in for the ceremony. 3 hours!) The ceremony ended right at 4:00 like they promised. We then took an Uber to an Italian restaurant in a neighboring town and then back to Trenton train station for our 7:00 PM train.

Also- Register for commencement even if you think you might not go. Last year (2018) we received our cap, gown, and hood in the mail a few weeks before the event. These are included in the graduation fee you already paid. If you register for commencement you will get yours in the mail even if you can't go to Trenton for the ceremony.
[-] The following 3 users Like DIGI-212's post:
  • AwardTour, Muldoon, suzycupcake
lol, that's interesting DIGI-212,

Didn't know we were paying for the full attire with the graduation fee
WGU MS ITM, 2021.
TESU BACS, 2020.
TESU BSBA, 2018.
TESU ASNSM in Computer Science, 2018.
----
UPenn MCIT (Accepted in 2018, not pursuing, see story here).
NAU MCIT (Accepted in 2018, not pursuing)
----
DIGI-212 is right. Check this page:

https://www.tesu.edu/current-students/ac...p-and-gown
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

Hi TexasTink, I am planning on attending if my final audit goes as planned. I'll surely be the oldest BA recipient.
TESU BALS/2019
Capstone LIB-495 April 2019
Study.com/NFA/Sophia/Cisco/Institutes
TECEP: 15 | University: 4 | DLIFLC: 45 | JST: 45 | TEEX: 6
(07-01-2019, 10:30 PM)DIGI-212 Wrote: It was such a special day. I highly recommend it if you can swing it. Here is how our day went. We arrived at the Trenton train station at about 10:00 AM and took an Uber to the TESU campus to take photos under the TESU arch (located at 111 W State St). The Uber waited for us and then took us to the Cure Insurance Arena. This cost about $35 for 5 of us traveling together. It is my favorite photo of the day. We arrived at the arena just as the doors were opening. We were among the first to check in and first in line for pinning and photos. The professional photographers took individual photos and photos with family. We then went to pick out seats and were first in line for food at the concession stand. About the time we finished all of this, the crowds started to show up and long lines were formed for all of the activities we breezed through. At about 1:00 graduates were lined up by school and a large group photo was taken. (Tip: Use the bathroom before lining up for the photo, and bring a water bottle because once you sit for the photo you are stuck there until you march in for the ceremony. 3 hours!) The ceremony ended right at 4:00 like they promised. We then took an Uber to an Italian restaurant in a neighboring town and then back to Trenton train station for our 7:00 PM train.

Also- Register for commencement even if you think you might not go. Last year (2018) we received our cap, gown, and hood in the mail a few weeks before the event. These are included in the graduation fee you already paid. If you register for commencement you will get yours in the mail even if you can't go to Trenton for the ceremony.
Do you know if this would be mailed internationally? I would love to get them. But won’t make it to the graduation ceremony.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
(07-01-2019, 10:30 PM)DIGI-212 Wrote: It was such a special day. I highly recommend it if you can swing it. Here is how our day went. 

Thank you so much for the info!  That was quite helpful!  Were the photos good quality and price?

@CarpeDiem8 and @suzycupcake - thank you both for the caution.  I had heard some negative things about Trenton before, so I will definitely keep those things in mind if I end up attending.

(07-02-2019, 09:40 AM)sheptr Wrote: Hi TexasTink, I am planning on attending if my final audit goes as planned. I'll surely be the oldest BA recipient.
Congrats! That's awesome!

(07-02-2019, 05:12 PM)Supermind Wrote: Do you know if this would be mailed internationally? I would love to get them. But won’t make it to the graduation ceremony.
The commencement FAQ page says that they won't ship internationally, unfortunately.

https://www.tesu.edu/current-students/ac...p-and-gown
BALS-Humanities from TESU - June 2019

CLEP - A&I Lit, US History 1, US History 2, West Civ 1, Intro Sociology, American Lit, Humanities, Soc. Sci & History, English Lit
Sophia - Intro to Info Tech, Art History 1, Visual Communications, Managing Conflict, Building Effective Teams
Study - Personal Finance, Comm 120, Math 97, Bus 121, Lib Sci 101, Eng 104, Nutrition 101, Eng 105, His 108, Pol. Sci 102, Earth Sci 104, His 308, Bus 313, His 102, Eng 305, His 105, His 106, His 306, Geometry 101, Bus 324, Com 102
Institutes - Insurance Ethics
TESU - Cornerstone, Music History 2 TECEP, LIB Capstone

Further Credits - Sophia - Conflict Resolution, Enviro Science, Microecon, Intro to Stats, Into to Ethics, Found. of Stats, Ancient Greek Philosophers, Macroecon, Intro to Business, Project Management, Accounting, Art History 2
(07-02-2019, 07:46 PM)TexasTink Wrote: Were the photos good quality and price?

The quality is great. The photographers are from Legacy Photographics. Photos are taken of you several times during the event. Price was around $25 for a single 5X7. Prices per image went down the larger your order.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 17 766 5 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,987 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 265 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 235 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 303 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 275 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,163 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 394 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 728 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 571 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch