Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
TESU Computer Science Updates Upper Level (UL)
Ideas Wrote:
NolaRice Wrote:Still beating myself up for not locking down the software engineering UL credits from Saylor. I need the course for grad school and I already have enough LL credits in my AOS.  Angry

It's hard to pass at Saylor.

NolaRice, if you're still looking for UL Software Engineering, it's available at Study.com and it's "easier" to pass, there is an assignment however, but that's where you actually "learn more". Cheers, see link: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...-in-our-DB
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(07-12-2019, 12:05 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
Ideas Wrote:
NolaRice Wrote:Still beating myself up for not locking down the software engineering UL credits from Saylor. I need the course for grad school and I already have enough LL credits in my AOS.  Angry

It's hard to pass at Saylor.

NolaRice, if you're still looking for UL Software Engineering, it's available at Study.com and it's "easier" to pass, there is an assignment however, but that's where you actually "learn more".  Cheers,  see link: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...-in-our-DB

Hi bjcheung77, so I have quite the dilemma. I still need one UL CS course. I've already transferred:

Database Management CIS-311
Info Systems Analysis & Design CIS-320
Management Information Systems CIS-301
Computer Architecture COS-330

From the other thread on SDC software engineering, people are reporting that their advisor is still adding this course as a LL. So I asked my advisor to add DSST cybersecurity to my eval instead, since I need the UL credits quickly, and I was told this wasn't possible because cybersec courses don't count towards CS. I guess the CMP-354 Network Technology TECEP is still an option, but networking isn't my strong suit and I don't know how hard it is to pass. I'm also doing the capstone right now and working full-time, so I can't really take a full course anywhere if I want to graduate in December. I'm getting a little nervous about all of this. Smile
----
TESU ASNSM Mathematics, BACS, BALS Psychology 2020 graduate 
Don't people take the cyber security courses at TEEX for the BA in CS? Computer security is listed as an approved elective, so what is computer security if it's not cyber security?

Actually, I just looked and didn't see it, but I'm sure computer security was on there before because I remember trying to determine what that meant.
OnlineDegree
Intro to Marketing and Strategy ($9) | Intro to Microeconomics ($9)

Study
Intro to Managerial Accounting ($70) | Advanced Accounting ($70) | Managerial Accounting ($80) | Intermediate Accounting 2 ($90) | Intermediate Accounting I ($90) | Cybersecurity Policies & Management ($80) | Management Information Systems ($80) | Data Structures & Algorithms ($80) | Intro to Programming ($70) | Computer Architecture ($70) | Calculus ($80) Database Management ($80)
Systems Analysis & Design ($70) | Discrete Math ($80) | Intro to Operation Systems ($80)

Saylor.org
Intro to Computer Science I ($25)
(07-16-2019, 03:44 PM)udi Wrote: Don't people take the cyber security courses at TEEX for the BA in CS? Computer security is listed as an approved elective, so what is computer security if it's not cyber security?

Beats me! I asked my advisor to doublecheck, hopefully he will come back with better news. The DSST has been UL for CS for years.
----
(07-16-2019, 03:50 PM)NolaRice Wrote:
(07-16-2019, 03:44 PM)udi Wrote: Don't people take the cyber security courses at TEEX for the BA in CS? Computer security is listed as an approved elective, so what is computer security if it's not cyber security?

Beats me! I asked my advisor to doublecheck, hopefully he will come back with better news. The DSST has been UL for CS for years.

I just checked and I think it got removed. See if they'll still take basic computer programming from CSU Global if you run out of options.
OnlineDegree

Study
Intro to Managerial Accounting ($70) | Advanced Accounting ($70) | Managerial Accounting ($80) | Intermediate Accounting 2 ($90) | Intermediate Accounting I ($90) | Cybersecurity Policies & Management ($80) | Management Information Systems ($80) | Data Structures & Algorithms ($80) | Intro to Programming ($70) | Computer Architecture ($70) | Calculus ($80) Database Management ($80)
Systems Analysis & Design ($70) | Discrete Math ($80) | Intro to Operation Systems ($80)

Saylor.org
My advisor just confirmed the following:

The deans have decided cybersecurity can no longer be used as computer science electives. SDC software engineering transfers as LL.

As for me, I found a SDC guide for the TECEP, so it shouldn't be too bad. Smile I already have intro to programming, and wanted to avoid duplicating credits, but it's a good option as well.
----
(07-17-2019, 01:36 PM)NolaRice Wrote: My advisor just confirmed the following:

The deans have decided cybersecurity can no longer be used as computer science electives. SDC software engineering transfers as LL.

As for me, I found a SDC guide for the TECEP, so it shouldn't be too bad. Smile I already have intro to programming, and wanted to avoid duplicating credits, but it's a good option as well.

I just saw that SDC guide for the TECEP the other day.  I'll be enrolling in that in Aug if the appeal for SDC software engineering fails lol
(07-17-2019, 02:23 PM)kphung29 Wrote:
(07-17-2019, 01:36 PM)NolaRice Wrote: My advisor just confirmed the following:

I just saw that SDC guide for the TECEP the other day.  I'll be enrolling in that in Aug if the appeal for SDC software engineering fails lol

Well, that is VERY important. Yikes.
OnlineDegree

Study

Saylor.org
I would recommend asking your advisor for an explanation as to why TESU is disregarding ACE recommendations for this course.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
(07-17-2019, 03:05 PM)mysonx3 Wrote: I would recommend asking your advisor for an explanation as to why TESU is disregarding ACE recommendations for this course.

In my case, I haven't taken the course yet.  I was hoping to get the approval beforehand.  I'm wondering if they actually need it on the ACE and/or SDC transcript shown as upper-level for them to make the necessary update.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 699 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,978 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  ASNSM in Computer Science and TEEX Cybersecurity? Shorn27 2 360 03-18-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 261 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Has someone transferred Study.com science corses with labs and correctly transfered etwelding2019 1 205 03-03-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 267 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,158 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 392 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP