Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Degree planning
(12-01-2022, 11:20 PM)Lewis.Yim Wrote: Hi wxcooper, Check your student status under "My Student ID Card" in OSS
Mine shows as this, if I get the TECEP, it should renew for this year as this is showing December 09, 2021.

Student Status Valid Date
Inactive   12/09/21

You can graduate with your current catalog year as an inactive student if you have completed everything
Reference Link: https://mysupport.tesu.edu/shp/tesu/arti...07-1554156
Inactive Student Graduation: https://www.tesu.edu/current-students/inactive-student

Note: You may want to email the registrar and get another crack at the TECEP or the PLA100, or anything that will get you an active status.  If you are within 3 years, you're in great shape.  Please provide us more info, especially a screenshot of your Student Status.  Again, email the registrar not academic advising your inquiry into reactivating your inactive status.

Returning from taking time off and readmissions link, I would read through this and see if you can get this completed with the assistance of the registrar or whatever team this goes to, maybe even try for an extension of your catalog year.  The main point you want to relay to them is, you're not an applicant, you've enrolled before using the TECEP and you should have 3 years before your inactive status lapses: https://tesu.smartcatalogiq.com/2021-202...eadmission

Scratch the extension of your catalog year part, here's the email I sent the registrar team and their response.

Hi Registrar Team,

Question: Does TESU have an enrollment extension option available? I remember it was $70/$75 to extend enrollment.

Please send me a link and pin, I am looking at registering into Medical Terminology TECEP for enrollment purposes.

If that course TECEP doesn't work, then I'll just do the TECEP for Applied Liberal Arts Math or another course.

Thank you very much, Lewis

Hi Lewis,

No, the University stopped doing enrollment extensions since students are able to come back under their current catalog up to 3 years after they become inactive.

I have registered you for APS 100 TE. The payment site is found at this link.

https://secure.touchnet.com/C20211_tsa/web/login.jsp

You will log on with your student ID number and PIN, 3150. Please make your payment within the next 24 hours. Thanks!

Lewis,

The ways that staff at TESU have steered me wrong are endless! I have requested to withdraw my application, but I am being ignored. 

Currently the Student Status is applicant. I have requested to have my application withdrawn and set back to inactive with the prior catalog. 

I sent the link showing the inactive student registration details, highlighting the option to register while inactive.

I cannot get anyone on the phone and just getting automated replies. 

Thank you so much for the reply and info, I should have known to come here first for advice. It certainly has cost me time and frustration and likely $$$ in two aditional courses required.
Can you still make an appointment with a specific advisor? Don Stoltz or Sholtz is the one advisor who seems to know what he's doing at TESU. I've heard multiple times that he's been very helpful for students who have to contact advising.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(12-02-2022, 10:49 AM)wxcooper Wrote:
(12-01-2022, 11:20 PM)Lewis.Yim Wrote: Hi wxcooper, Check your student status under "My Student ID Card" in OSS
Mine shows as this, if I get the TECEP, it should renew for this year as this is showing December 09, 2021.

Student Status Valid Date
Inactive   12/09/21

You can graduate with your current catalog year as an inactive student if you have completed everything
Reference Link: https://mysupport.tesu.edu/shp/tesu/arti...07-1554156
Inactive Student Graduation: https://www.tesu.edu/current-students/inactive-student

Note: You may want to email the registrar and get another crack at the TECEP or the PLA100, or anything that will get you an active status.  If you are within 3 years, you're in great shape.  Please provide us more info, especially a screenshot of your Student Status.  Again, email the registrar not academic advising your inquiry into reactivating your inactive status.

Returning from taking time off and readmissions link, I would read through this and see if you can get this completed with the assistance of the registrar or whatever team this goes to, maybe even try for an extension of your catalog year.  The main point you want to relay to them is, you're not an applicant, you've enrolled before using the TECEP and you should have 3 years before your inactive status lapses: https://tesu.smartcatalogiq.com/2021-202...eadmission

Scratch the extension of your catalog year part, here's the email I sent the registrar team and their response.

Hi Registrar Team,

Question: Does TESU have an enrollment extension option available? I remember it was $70/$75 to extend enrollment.

Please send me a link and pin, I am looking at registering into Medical Terminology TECEP for enrollment purposes.

If that course TECEP doesn't work, then I'll just do the TECEP for Applied Liberal Arts Math or another course.

Thank you very much, Lewis

Hi Lewis,

No, the University stopped doing enrollment extensions since students are able to come back under their current catalog up to 3 years after they become inactive.

I have registered you for APS 100 TE. The payment site is found at this link.

https://secure.touchnet.com/C20211_tsa/web/login.jsp

You will log on with your student ID number and PIN, 3150. Please make your payment within the next 24 hours. Thanks!

Lewis,

The ways that staff at TESU have steered me wrong are endless! I have requested to withdraw my application, but I am being ignored. 

Currently the Student Status is applicant. I have requested to have my application withdrawn and set back to inactive with the prior catalog. 

I sent the link showing the inactive student registration details, highlighting the option to register while inactive.

I cannot get anyone on the phone and just getting automated replies. 

Thank you so much for the reply and info, I should have known to come here first for advice. It certainly has cost me time and frustration and likely $$$ in two aditional courses required.
Lewis !!! Lewis !!! Lewis !!!

They have reinstated my 2017 Course Catalog! 

Without the information and the actual current link, there is no way they would have done this for me!

Thank You does not seem to convey my appreciation to you and all of the members on this board!

Lesson learned: Never speak to anyone at TESU without consulting here first.
[-] The following 1 user Likes wxcooper's post:
  • rachel83az
You're welcome! Don't thank me, thank my cousin bjcheung77 who is a moderator here.  I just copy/pasted what he sent me last month and I followed through with that advice.  He's away due to Covid, he'll be back in soon, hopefully a week or two.  His focus right now is family and health, he's continuing his consulting but not volunteering as much until he's better.
Goals: TESU BSBA GM (Added CIS) and BA Computer Science
BSBA GM - Added CIS AOS (CIS & GM completed)
BACS & Grad Plans (BACS instead of BALS w/NSM)

AAS ACS & ESST: Remaining - Associate Capstone
ASNSM CS: Completed, ASNSM Math: Remaining - Calculus I

Taking a majority of credits at Sophia.org, SL, and Study.com to finish these degrees
Updating my courses remaining by following forum advice, guide, spreadsheet & wiki
[-] The following 2 users Like Lewis.Yim's post:
  • Imadillo, wxcooper
studyingfortests Wrote:It's my understanding that the TECEP is only good for a year.  So did you renew it (sign up again) in 12/21?  If not, it would seem like the issue wasn't that you didn't complete the course, but that you didn't have a live course on your schedule.  If someone could clarify, it would be super useful to know, as I have several friends who are using the TECEP to keep their catalogs and have been renewing each year.

Inactive students have 3 years, just make sure to be active by then. You don't really need to use the TECEP option each year, it's best to do it that way as rules always change. To be safe, you should get your friends to take the TECEP yearly if they can't finish the degree within a year.

dfrecore Wrote:They did not move the goal line - you did not do what you should have to keep your catalog.  The rule is, you need to remain enrolled, which can be done via registering for a TECEP once per year.  You didn't do that, hence, you lost your enrollment status.

The OP didn't lose their catalog year, advising and you weren't aware of the other options available to inactive students, there are so many things 'hidden'. BTW, I don't see how your comment above actually tried to help the OP in any way.

Anyways, it's great the OP got where they needed. For those reading, it's best to "wait" for answers as senior members may not always have the correct answers. We're all human and mistakes are made, it's not the fault of that one person, we should work together in finding options to help if at all possible. You may want to PM senior members or even moderators to see if alternative options exist...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(12-18-2022, 01:45 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
dfrecore Wrote:They did not move the goal line - you did not do what you should have to keep your catalog.  The rule is, you need to remain enrolled, which can be done via registering for a TECEP once per year.  You didn't do that, hence, you lost your enrollment status.

The OP didn't lose their catalog year, advising and you weren't aware of the other options available to inactive students, there are so many things 'hidden'.  BTW, I don't see how your comment above actually tried to help the OP in any way.  

Anyways, it's great the OP got where they needed.  For those reading, it's best to "wait" for answers as senior members may not always have the correct answers.  We're all human and mistakes are made, it's not the fault of that one person, we should work together in finding options to help if at all possible.  You may want to PM senior members or even moderators to see if alternative options exist...

bjcheung, I was responding specifically to this post, and these words (which I included in my post):

wxcooper Wrote:

With the end zone in sight, they moved the goal line !

The goal line was NOT moved, so my answer stands.

In response to your saying I did not help the OP, you give PLENTY of advice that I don't think is helpful to students at times.  BUT, my answer is not just for the OP, it is also for other users who come and read here - and knowing that you need to remain enrolled is IMPORTANT.  Now, the fact that you can come back and stay in your catalog 3 years later is also important - but that is also NEW.  And, TESU may decide that they no longer want to have that policy at any time in the future, at which point, you're screwed.  SO, my answer stands - you should ALWAYS remain an enrolled student at TESU, to stay in your current catalog.  You should also stay enrolled because, if you don't, you may also lose the way they bring in credits, or lose policies that greatly affect your plan.  For instance, when I enrolled, the policy was that you needed 24cr of TESU credits for residency, and TECEP's counted.  That went away, but the fact that I was in the 2014 catalog meant that I got to stay under that policy, and I saved thousands.  My catalog also did not require a cornerstone.  Again, thousands saved.  TESU also brought in the Principles of Marketing and Principles of Management CLEP exams as UL, which they stopped doing at some point after I had them evaluated.  If my enrollment ended, not only would new things apply, but I would have lost those UL credits, which I needed.

So, again, my answers stand - remain enrolled, because it's 100% upside to you to do so, and only costs $50/yr.  If you want to switch to a newer catalog for some reason, you can.  If TESU changes their policy at some point in the future, and won't go back 3 years, you have insulated yourself from that change by staying enrolled.  There is absolutely zero downside to maintaining enrollment.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
@dfrecore, Thanks for responding to my post, there is still a disconnect somewhere...
1) Your entire reply is the 'longer form' of my quick two sentence answer to studyingfortests and the first sentence to you.  Great, we are on the same page and track, high five!  Earlier, I also mentioned to stay enrolled yearly to be safe...

2) Your answer to my response is 'missing', the part hasn't been addressed at all.  See below:

bjcheung77 Wrote:
dfrecore Wrote:You didn't do that, hence, you lost your enrollment status.

BTW, I don't see how your comment above actually tried to help the OP in any way.  

Just telling them what they've not done and they've lost their enrollment is just confirming their issue at hand. Was that it, were you going to add anything afterwards?  Do you think that's why they posted?  Don't you think they wanted help with a possible resolution? 

I may be asking this wrongly, but it takes very little time to 'ask an appreciative inquiry question' to see how you can resolve (not just confirming their issue).  Knowing where the OP is at is very important so they don't have to lose their catalog year and need to take 3 extra courses.

A simple replacement of your sentence with: Have you tried appealing, escalating, asking for alternative options or resolutions to keep your catalog?  Or even adding, try going up the chain of command, try the registrar or dean, max your options the best you can.  

Unfortunately, I respectively disagree on this one...  Your answers are great most of the time, but your focus is on one line, do you really think you've tried to help them by confirming their issue or would it be actually more helpful by providing a possible resolution instead?

dfrecore Wrote:In response to your saying I did not help the OP, you give PLENTY of advice that I don't think is helpful to students at times.  

That's right, as advice from one person to another differs, it really depends on who is looking at your advice and reading through it.  Don't get me wrong, I am not here to accuse you of any wrong doing with this, I am just pointing to my view of how I would have handled the situation.  It was an appreciative inquiry to see what was done and each advice provided really depends on that persons situation.

Having said that, I'm confused, as you've pointed before that I was 100% incorrect or wrong and that was one response was my 'worst advice' ever... each and every one of them had a follow up reply to 'defend' myself properly and also resolve their issues or at least pointed them to the right direction.  But thanks for letting me know how you feel, it might not have helped you, but at least it did for the intended user and readers it applied to for that particular situation.

Again, I respectfully disagree on the way you handled this reply and the way you're trying to 'defend' your reasons.  Each 'your answer stands' is met with my confirmation of your response, it didn't try to address the situation properly - confirmation does not equal trying to provide a resolution.  I've responded and defended mine... essentially and 'ultimately my advice did resolve their concerns'.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Potential Degree Input, Please curious 3 83 3 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Degree planning help - UMPI BBA vs PUG BSBA crowbird 16 175 7 hours ago
Last Post: walruspanda
  Degree Planning- MS degree dodek101 7 255 Yesterday, 12:01 AM
  DBA degree: online, 2-3 years, top US or UK school, accredited absamer 22 1,469 03-26-2024, 11:54 PM
  Degree Planning Advice - 31, Norway, No Higher Education ASenna 28 1,844 03-26-2024, 06:00 AM
  Masters Degree in Texas Melhux 3 170 03-26-2024, 05:45 AM
  Almost 40 year old with foreign BA in English degree and Santa Monica College Cert KMcLean 12 946 03-25-2024, 08:12 PM
  IT Degree Options Advice theredwallflower 4 555 03-23-2024, 11:08 AM
Last Post: theredwallflower
  Metropolia for quick bachelor's degree to get in a master's program klicer 5 285 03-21-2024, 01:44 AM
Last Post: klicer
  Seeking Guidance on beginning degree BeginAgain_1980 9 237 03-20-2024, 04:13 PM