Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TESU]Does the free CPCU Ethics course duplicate Business Ethics from StraighterLine?
I had an Academic Advisor put the CPCU Ethics course in my plan and gave them the ACE course# and it's showing up as PHI-384 which is the same equivalency as StraighterLine's Business Ethics--I've heard other members here saying that it was evaluated as PHI-379 though. :confused:
It shouldn't duplicate.
BA.SS: TESU '17
AA.LS, with Honors: CC '16
CHW Certification: CC '15
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."― Confucius

B&M University: '92-'95
CC: '95-'16
CLEP: A&I Lit; '08
DSST: HTYH; '08
FEMA: unusable at TESU
IIA: Ethics & CPCU; '15
Kaplan: PLA course; '14,
NFA: 2 CR; '15
SOPHIA: Intro Soc; '15
Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16
TECEP: Psych of Women, Tech Writing, Med Term, Nutrition, Eng Comp I; '16
TESU: BA.SS Capstone course; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
Mine came in as PHI-379. Your advisor should correct it as PHI-379.
TESU BA CS and Math (graduated December 2016)
Mine is PHI-379 as well.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
This is also showing as PHI-384 on my evaluation. I also took SL Business Ethics which they also have mapped to PHI-384. They placed the SL credits in section G to fulfill Business in Society/International Mgmt. The CPCU credits are in the unused credit section. My slot for responsible ethical leadership remains blank. I contacted TESU and got the following response:
"From what source did you learn that the CPCU Code of Professional conduct would map to PHI-379? I've asked a Senior member of the Registrar's office to double check and he told me that transfer of this course would be equated to PHI-384; it has never been changed.

As it stands, no changes will be made to your record.

Patricia Certo, MBA
Senior Academic Program Advisor
Thomas Edison State University"

Do I have any leverage to appeal?
TESU has my ACE transcript and within the next week i'll hit the 25 day evaluation mark, so I'll let you know how mine comes in. This coming Tuesday is business day 25, I believe.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
tmott04 Wrote:This is also showing as PHI-384 on my evaluation. I also took SL Business Ethics which they also have mapped to PHI-384. They placed the SL credits in section G to fulfill Business in Society/International Mgmt. The CPCU credits are in the unused credit section. My slot for responsible ethical leadership remains blank. I contacted TESU and got the following response:
"From what source did you learn that the CPCU Code of Professional conduct would map to PHI-379? I've asked a Senior member of the Registrar's office to double check and he told me that transfer of this course would be equated to PHI-384; it has never been changed.

As it stands, no changes will be made to your record.

Patricia Certo, MBA
Senior Academic Program Advisor
Thomas Edison State University"

Do I have any leverage to appeal?

Do you have these as planned credits or as actual credits in your evaluation? I think Academic Advising will continue saying it's duplicate so maybe wait for registrar to evaluate. :/
They are actual credits.
tmott04 Wrote:They are actual credits.

Multiple members have reported having it successfully transfer in as PHI-379 so far, so you could try appealing it if you want by directly contacting registrar@tesu.edu (don't e-mail Academic Advising again). If you choose to do this, let us know how it goes!
Just got my evaluation back, and it's bad news in this regard...

CPCU Ethics was in fact transcribed as PHI-384 Ethics & Business Professional.

Looks like this is probably the new go-forward equivalency. In the past, it was definitely coming in as PHI -379 and there are a lot of members of this forum that have it mapped that way. Maybe you can use them as an example for an appeal? For my degree plan it doesn't matter because I won't need an additional business ethics class that it will duplicate, but I know this could be an issue for many other folks.

In case anyone is curious, it came in with an automatic waiver to move the missing credit to general ed electives, as has been many others' experience
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,925 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,616 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,022 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,580 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,668 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,291 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,547 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,282 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,321 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,816 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore