Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[TESU]Does the free CPCU Ethics course duplicate Business Ethics from StraighterLine?
jsd Wrote:Just got my evaluation back, and it's bad news in this regard...

CPCU Ethics was in fact transcribed as PHI-384 Ethics & Business Professional.

Looks like this is probably the new go-forward equivalency. In the past, it was definitely coming in as PHI -379 and there are a lot of members of this forum that have it mapped that way. Maybe you can use them as an example for an appeal? For my degree plan it doesn't matter because I won't need an additional business ethics class that it will duplicate, but I know this could be an issue for many other folks.

In case anyone is curious, it came in with an automatic waiver to move the missing credit to general ed electives, as has been many others' experience

Congrats on finally getting your evaluation, saw your post last night and was hoping you'd get it this week at least. Yay! Smile

I sent in both courses with SL Business Ethics (Phi-384) specifically planned under a different section, so I'm hoping CPCU still goes under ethics with a different equivalency, if not I'll try for an appeal OR I will just take International Business from Penn Foster for section G if it duplicates. Will update back here after I get back my eval! (Around May 20ish)
Thanks Smile It's such a long wait for the evals.

Worst case scenario, at least CPCU was free. Hopefully an appeal will do the trick, though.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
jsd Wrote:Just got my evaluation back, and it's bad news in this regard...

CPCU Ethics was in fact transcribed as PHI-384 Ethics & Business Professional.

Looks like this is probably the new go-forward equivalency. In the past, it was definitely coming in as PHI -379 and there are a lot of members of this forum that have it mapped that way. Maybe you can use them as an example for an appeal? For my degree plan it doesn't matter because I won't need an additional business ethics class that it will duplicate, but I know this could be an issue for many other folks.

In case anyone is curious, it came in with an automatic waiver to move the missing credit to general ed electives, as has been many others' experience

I've got good news.

Mine was transcribed (in January, so just a few months ago) as PHI 379. I took SL's business ethics a while ago so that was already listed on my eval as PHI384.
Associate in Arts - Thomas Edison State University
Bachelor of Arts in Humanities - Thomas Edison State University
pursuing Master's degree, Applied Linguistics - Universidad Antonio de Nebrija

*credit sources: Patten University, Straighterline, Learning Counts, The Institutes, Torah College Credits, Kaplan Open College, UMUC, Thomas Edison State University (guided study liberal arts capstone)
ladylearner Wrote:I've got good news.

Mine was transcribed (in January, so just a few months ago) as PHI 379. I took SL's business ethics a while ago so that was already listed on my eval as PHI384.

You had it transcribed in January though. Currently the CPCU course is being transcribed as PHI-384 for students, so it duplicates SL's Business Ethics, which is bad news for anyone currently wanting to use both courses.
I sent in the CPCU class last week and am waiting to hear back. Are we thinking this no longer fills the Ethics slot? I took it back in December I believe but just never got around to sending it in until now.
It still fulfilled my general ed ethics spot with the new PHI-384 transcription, but if you have a business ethics spot in your AOS (such as Business Ethics from StraighterLine), it will likely duplicate that.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
tsimmns Wrote:I sent in the CPCU class last week and am waiting to hear back. Are we thinking this no longer fills the Ethics slot? I took it back in December I believe but just never got around to sending it in until now.

It still fills the Ethics slot as confirmed by jsd, but if you're pursuing a BSBA, you cannot use credits from BOTH CPCU and Business Ethics from SL because they currently have the same equivalency and duplicate.
Just curious what course SL Business Ethics filled as I am out of the loop on this? I read possibly international business but I have been out of the loop.
tsimmns Wrote:Just curious what course SL Business Ethics filled as I am out of the loop on this? I read possibly international business but I have been out of the loop.

tmott04 said it filled his Business in Society/International Management section and I had an Academic Advisor add it to my plan under that section, but you can use it in the Ethics section if you want to.
Anything new with getting this course changed from PHI-384 to PHI-379?
Seton Hall University - MA HRTD
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA GM in progress
Thomas Edison State College - BA CJ
Thomas Edison State College - AAS ESST
Middlesex County College - AS CJ

NJ PTC
New Jersey Regional Community Police Institute
Methods of Instruction

TEEX
Cyber Security for Everyone
Cyber Security for IT Professionals
Cyber Security for Business Professionals

Sophia
Accounting

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,923 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,616 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,020 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,579 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,668 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,291 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,547 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,282 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,318 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,816 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore