Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Eliminates SOME Study.com Transfer Credits [unconfirmed]
lol, I finally applied to the BA CS and just got my acceptance email today. What a pisser if true!
(12-13-2021, 03:43 PM)LevelUP Wrote:
(12-13-2021, 03:14 PM)rachel83az Wrote:
(12-13-2021, 03:07 PM)LevelUP Wrote: Discrete Math isn't too bad.  The "math" part is actually really easy.  The online calculator they allow you to use does all the algebra for you.  You just have to memorize about 10 formulas.  

Which formulas do you have to memorize?

Fundamental counting principle
Permutation formula
Combination formula
Binomial Probability Formula
Standard Deviation
Arithmetic Sequence
Geometric series
Matrix: How to add/subtract/multiply

At first, you don't need to memorize them.  Just work backward on problems if you have to as long as you can get the answer.  Don't expect to get every concept the first time.

Jump to chapters 8 & 10 if you need a break. Those chapters are pretty easy and don't require any previous knowledge.

Thanks! I'll look those up and start working on memorizing them while I do the assignments for the other courses I need to finish. If I can get Discrete Math done, it'll be a bonus.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • dhallfootball21
prof_frink Wrote:lol, I finally applied to the BA CS and just got my acceptance email today. What a pisser if true!

I think there is just some miscommunication with Study.com and TESU, you may want to investigate WGU, as WGU has a BS Comp Sci if you're into Competency Based Computer Science degrees, are you in the USA and a citizen or permanent resident?
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • dhallfootball21, prof_frink
This is completely untrue. I've sent it to management at Study.com, I'm sure someone will be posting here sooner rather than later.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • dhallfootball21, thecontrarian
(12-13-2021, 03:55 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
prof_frink Wrote:lol, I finally applied to the BA CS and just got my acceptance email today. What a pisser if true!

I think there is just some miscommunication with Study.com and TESU, you may want to investigate WGU, as WGU has a BS Comp Sci if you're into Competency Based Computer Science degrees, are you in the USA and a citizen or permanent resident?

Nope, I'm Canadian, otherwise that would be promising. As it is, I'm still probably better off with TESU than elsewhere, at least for now. Maybe I can at least get Intro to Programming knocked out before they drop them completely. I have to call them tomorrow about something anyway, so I'll ask about this and let you know what I hear. (Been stalking this forum for a couple of years now, so I'm familiar with the advisors at TESU not necessarily knowing what's going on, and the sudden changes in university policy.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes prof_frink's post:
  • dhallfootball21
(12-13-2021, 04:02 PM)dfrecore Wrote: This is completely untrue.  I've sent it to management at Study.com, I'm sure someone will be posting here sooner rather than later.
That is great news because it freaked me out when she said it!  I just wonder why she would say that...
[-] The following 1 user Likes joshypauly's post:
  • dhallfootball21
(12-13-2021, 03:16 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: One reason they may be removing Study.com is because they want less and less alternative credit options and having students transfer from RA sources... <gasp> I think they're going to be similar to COSC in that case, damn... I hope this is just a "courses" issue and not a "provider" issue... did Study.com renew all those courses already? I thought they did... let me email Study.com & TESU and we'll find out.

If TESU wanted to restrict alternative credit options, SDC isn't the logical place to start. Among alt-credit providers, they have some of the best academic integrity and rigor. Most SDC credits require both proctored exams and substantial assignments, while other providers often have only one or neither. This means that students using SDC are more likely to be competent in the material because BS-ing or cheating is harder. In my opinion, the workload and time involved with SDC courses can rival that of some actual college courses. The pendulum is definitely swinging against alt credit, but SDC isn't the next step in the progression of things. 
As we learned from the ACE/NCCRS limit experience last year, there is sometimes a nugget of truth in what the advisors say. However, we also know that they often provide exaggerated, misleading, incomplete, or just plain wrong information. 
I would consider a total block of SDC at TESU to be extremely unlikely. Still, students with any must-have or in-progress SDC courses should rush those to completion by EOY. 
There are two options that I'd consider to be much more probable: expiration of the SDC-TESU articulation agreement or an issue with one or more specific courses. 
An impending expiration of the partner relationship contract could easily be misconstrued as an ending of SDC credit acceptance. Although renegotiation would certainly be in process, the word may be getting out about a possible change. Even if this happened, I don't think that it would necessarily be a huge deal. The contract with TESU would no longer govern course transfers, but SDC and TESU continue to belong to the ACE credit system. Theoretically, students would fall back to the ACE regime, and life would move on with minimal changes. 
Alternatively, an acceptance or transfer issue may impact a subset of courses. The impact there would be limited, depending upon the specific courses. 
Regardless, I'm looking forward to actual clarification from SDC and/or TESU. This is the time to be on the lookout for EOY policy changes, and I'm curious what TESU has in store for us this year.
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
[-] The following 4 users Like jch's post:
  • dhallfootball21, rachel83az, ss20ts, thecontrarian
I have started my day with way worse news than this one. Still, this one (if it turns out to be true) hit me much, much harder.

I usually don't rant or vent, especially online, but I feel really bad right now.
This certainly isn't definitive, but TESU still says, quite clearly, that they have a university agreement with Study.com. They also make extensive reference to ACE and NCCRS credits and continue to say that they accept "most" ACE and NCCRS credit recommendations.

It seems unfathomable that they'd just casually do this and not (a) provide reasonable notice and (b) not make a public announcement.  Assuming there's official confirmation that the claim is BS, this might go down as one of the most egregious misstatements on record by a TESU advisor.
[-] The following 4 users Like studyingfortests's post:
  • dhallfootball21, Pikachu, thecontrarian, WALLACEMC11
I'm gonna try and call TESU today. This really gonna hurt!

Got hold of someone and they mentioned that they have had quite a few calls on this.

1. They are definitely still accepting Study.com.
2. There is no plan to change that.
3. Some courses are under review though.
4. They'll know the outcome of the review in Jan.
5. Once enrolled, the academic people will tell you the status of a specific course.

+ one thing, the person I spoke to said this is pretty much an ongoing thing. It's not something new. This is like a regular thing they do. And they don't just do to Study.com they do to all of them so its something I got to deal with.
[-] The following 4 users Like thecontrarian's post:
  • dhallfootball21, Holmes, prof_frink, ss20ts

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Final Stretch Degree Plan Help TESU BSBA Sargoththemino 3 71 Today, 12:50 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 13 753 Yesterday, 09:06 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  TESU Credit Transfer Evaluation colonelcamp 7 228 04-25-2024, 10:16 AM
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 20 2,616 04-23-2024, 02:44 PM
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 638 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 568 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
  Has someone transferred Study.com science corses with labs and correctly transfered etwelding2019 2 349 04-04-2024, 10:10 AM
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 287 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,337 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 256 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM