Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU English Career Path?
(05-22-2018, 12:23 PM)dfrecore Wrote: For TESU specifically, it is now going to be impossible to test out of the English degree, as TESU is not accepting Shmoop courses, and those were where the UL English courses came from.  As someone who doesn't already have some UL English courses to bring into the degree already, it will be more expensive than other degrees (like the BSBA or BALS).

Here is a degree plan from TESU, using no Shmoop courses.  There are Self-paced/Independent Study courses for the UL English requirements for now.  Study.com may upgrade the Short Stories course at some point, which would be nice.

Perfect opportunity to see if the Harvard Poetry courses at the graduate level would come in as UL..... Are you up for an experiment?
(05-23-2018, 05:16 PM)cookderosa Wrote:
(05-22-2018, 12:23 PM)dfrecore Wrote: For TESU specifically, it is now going to be impossible to test out of the English degree, as TESU is not accepting Shmoop courses, and those were where the UL English courses came from.  As someone who doesn't already have some UL English courses to bring into the degree already, it will be more expensive than other degrees (like the BSBA or BALS).

Here is a degree plan from TESU, using no Shmoop courses.  There are Self-paced/Independent Study courses for the UL English requirements for now.  Study.com may upgrade the Short Stories course at some point, which would be nice.

Perfect opportunity to see if the Harvard Poetry courses at the graduate level would come in as UL..... Are you up for an experiment?

Just an update on the Harvard Poetry, it is being titled as English S-300, which certainly should transfer to TESU as 300 level credits! (Yay!) They are offering three different poetry classes now (one over the summer, two in fall), so there are still 12 UL credits up for grabs! Still mad at myself for missing the spring semester class.
|| TESU English: Senior
If you really want the English degree and it's going to take awhile anyway, I would start with the Harvard courses and the non-Western lit. Those aren't self-paced but even if you change to a BALS degree plan you won't lose those credits. You'll be able to use them somewhere. If by some chance they do bring shmoop back I would guess it will be under a different format - proctored, maybe not for UL credit, etc so it would be best not to bank on them. If it looks too expensive you can always do a BALS and it will be cheaper/quicker. The non-Western lit course is usually the most expensive (but still way less than a B&M education overall). Shmoop didn't have it anyway.
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017
[-] The following 1 user Likes rlw74's post:
  • Yenisei
(06-11-2018, 10:57 AM)KawJa Wrote:
(05-23-2018, 05:16 PM)cookderosa Wrote:

Just an update on the Harvard Poetry, it is being titled as English S-300, which certainly should transfer to TESU as 300 level credits! (Yay!) They are offering three different poetry classes now (one over the summer, two in fall), so there are still 12 UL credits up for grabs! Still mad at myself for missing the spring semester class.
The only Harvard course I am seeing as an UL is the E-305 Poetry in America for Teachers: Poetry of Earth, Sea, Sky; all the others are showing up as E-182. Am I missing something?
The Harvard classes can be taken as undergraduate, graduate or professional development classes.  It is the same price for graduate or undergraduate.  Normally, TESU transfers graduate classes in as upper level, so these would come in as upper level English.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,926 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,617 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,022 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,582 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,668 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,293 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,547 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,283 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,322 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,817 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore