Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Equivalents
(07-23-2022, 09:23 PM)defmo Wrote:
(07-23-2022, 11:05 AM)Idfrecore Wrote: French is going to be available for all 4 ACTFL exams, and CLEP.

If you want to take the CLEP exam, you only need to do ModernStates if you want to take the exam for free; if you just want to pay for it and be done with it, then you can do that instead.
Am I going to need 24 RA credits? Do they need to be done through classes? I thought I could just test out of most of them. Please if someone can explain what a plan looks like at TESU for someone that wants to do it as efficient as possible. BSBA. I have College Algebra and Introduction to Business done through Sophia Learning. I also will have 9 credits of French, through French Level 2 CLEP

Ok, so I guess the question is - why TESU?  Is there a particular reason you want to get a degree there, or are you open to other schools?

1) EC is about $4k, no RA credits required

2) UMPI is somewhere between $1400-$4200, depending on how quickly you finish your 30cr of residency there ($1400/1 term, $2800/2 terms, $4200/3 terms).  People on this forum have done all of these - 1 term is rare, but 2 terms is common, as is 3 terms.

Both schools have business degrees.  Both will be cheaper than TESU.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
@defmo, and that is the reason you want to follow through by answering questions... if you start by completing the template and last post addendum, the more inf you provide, the better we can help you. So instead of having a short and simple introduction as you have done, you can have all that and more questions/information that will help us determine a cheap, easy, fast path for you. As suggested, read up on the roadmap, wiki and this thread... post your template/addendum info and questions we may have asked you. Once that "homework" is done, we'll know if Excelsior, TESU, UMPI or another university would be a better match.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Your Location: Alexandria, VA
Your Age: 27
What kind of degree do you want?: Open
Current Regional Accredited Credits: Zero

Current ACE, CLEP, or NCCRS Credits: 6 from Sophia Learning(Algebra and Business 101). waiting on voucher from modern states for FRENCH I and II, will be easy as I am native French speaker and finished the course in an hour.

Any certifications or military experience? None
Budget: Ideally under $10k but will consider spending more for easy and fast.  
Commitments: working in limo business
Dedicated time to study: I can study 5 days a week flexible schedule, just not weekends.
Timeline: Finishing the courses required for the degree as fast as possible would be ideal
Great, you don't have much commitments!  That leaves plenty of energy/time to get courses done and complete the degree with UMPI.  My suggestion is to complete a Pierpont BOG AAS in Information System and then ladder yourself up to the UMPI BAS with a triple minor.  This would be cheaper, easier, faster than the TESU option, I would stick with TESU only if you need the ACBSP accreditation OR if you want to go for grad credits with their Bachelors to Masters option.

Follow this link to complete the Pierpont BOG AAS with the ASU 1 credit course for $25 and the bulk of your courses should be from Sophia.org/Saylor.org
Link 1: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Pierpont_C%26TC  Link 2: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Pi...egree_Plan

Another reason to stick with TESU would be if one cannot write papers quickly. Otherwise, UMPI will be both faster and cheaper.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(07-24-2022, 06:14 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Great, you don't have much commitments!  That leaves plenty of energy/time to get courses done and complete the degree with UMPI.  My suggestion is to complete a Pierpont BOG AAS in Information System and then ladder yourself up to the UMPI BAS with a triple minor.  This would be cheaper, easier, faster than the TESU option, I would stick with TESU only if you need the ACBSP accreditation OR if you want to go for grad credits with their Bachelors to Masters option.

Follow this link to complete the Pierpont BOG AAS with the ASU 1 credit course for $25 and the bulk of your courses should be from Sophia.org/Saylor.org
Link 1: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Pierpont_C%26TC  Link 2: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Pi...egree_Plan

i am not a green card holder yet. which means Pierpont BOG AAS is not an option for me. also, i was leaning towards TESU because of the possibility of a Masters later, either from TESU itself or Rutgers? i saw someone say they were approved at Rutgers for one. I can use TECEPs for most RA credits, right? I am very comfortable with both Sophia and CLEP, so mostly will use those two and the rest through TECEPs. Any help is appreciated.
(07-25-2022, 02:31 AM)defmo Wrote: i am not a green card holder yet. which means Pierpont BOG AAS is not an option for me. also, i was leaning towards TESU because of the possibility of a Masters later, either from TESU itself or Rutgers? i saw someone say they were approved at Rutgers for one. I can use TECEPs for most RA credits, right? I am very comfortable with both Sophia and CLEP, so mostly will use those two and the rest through TECEPs. Any help is appreciated.

A TESU Master's degree is way too expensive for what it is. There are better schools that are cheaper, check the graduate section of this forum for suggestions.

And, if you want to get into Rutgers, a UMPI degree is probably a better choice. Why? More graded credits, so that part of your application will look better. But the acceptance rate into Rutgers appears to be somewhere between 60-70%, so even a perfect application may not succeed. Best to have a few choices lined up.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • defmo
(07-25-2022, 03:00 AM)rachel83az Wrote:
(07-25-2022, 02:31 AM)defmo Wrote: i am not a green card holder yet. which means Pierpont BOG AAS is not an option for me. also, i was leaning towards TESU because of the possibility of a Masters later, either from TESU itself or Rutgers? i saw someone say they were approved at Rutgers for one. I can use TECEPs for most RA credits, right? I am very comfortable with both Sophia and CLEP, so mostly will use those two and the rest through TECEPs. Any help is appreciated.

A TESU Master's degree is way too expensive for what it is. There are better schools that are cheaper, check the graduate section of this forum for suggestions.

And, if you want to get into Rutgers, a UMPI degree is probably a better choice. Why? More graded credits, so that part of your application will look better. But the acceptance rate into Rutgers appears to be somewhere between 60-70%, so even a perfect application may not succeed. Best to have a few choices lined up.
what i meant is that i need to keep choices open for masters later. why does  UMPI bachelors have more graded credits? can't i do the same as TESU and test out of +95% of my classes? because i don't have the energy for a lot of classes when i can just take a CLEP/Sophia etc... to rephrase this, I need a bachelors degree with only a few  mandatory classes. I want to do as many tests as i can.
Tests like CLEP, etc. are not graded credits. They are pass/fail. They do not count toward your GPA. For most people, this is fine. But, if you're trying to build a portfolio for acceptance to a prestigious university like Rutgers, it may not be as desirable. If you don't have exceptional non-academic qualifications for graduate school, you're going to need every graded credit possible to boost your chances of getting accepted.

If you're okay with a Master's from a good-quality (but lesser-known) school, then the lack of graded credits isn't an issue.

UMPI classes are not true classes in the traditional sense. You read the materials provided, then you write a paper. Most classes are passed in 3-10 days, if you're okay with writing papers. This makes UMPI significantly FASTER than TESU. UMPI can be completed in 6-8 months when starting from scratch. A TESU degree usually takes at least 10-12 months.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Arto
Ah, you have the energy, money, time to spend on ACE/NCCRS providers at TESU, have you thought about Excelsior? They've got a Business degree and may be cheaper in the long run. If you're adamant with staying at TESU, that will work as well. If you want to only take 10 cheap, easy, fast courses at UMPI, they should be the "better" choice as you can save the energy, money, time with another degree, the Masters. I don't suggest TESU or Rutgers for your Masters, since you're not PR or a Citizen, I would stick with State/Public systems that are more affordable, I suggest you do the UMPI BLS triple minor or the BABA and then ladder up to the MAOL.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 16 2,351 Yesterday, 11:51 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 531 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 456 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 480 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 261 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,236 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 233 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 377 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 300 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 279 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27