Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Equivalents
I would suggest that you work backwards from your ultimate goal: meaning, if you want a Master's degree from Rutgers, figure out what you need to get accepted, and then plan your bachelor's degree from there.

I'm not certain why you're choosing Rutgers though. Again, it feels like you are choosing schools out of the blue, because you heard a name once somewhere. Is there a reason to go with Rutgers? Do they have a specific degree you want? Do they have some sort of program that will give you an edge in your expected profession?

For someone without any experience in the field you want to work in, I agree that an advanced degree MIGHT be helpful. But really, you should think it through and then tell us what you want to achieve here. Which master's degree you want, why you're choosing a particular school, what you need to do to get accepted (your application package probably will not have much in the way of experience so you're going to rely on grades is my best guess), and then how many graded credits you need to get in (30? 60? GPA you're shooting for).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(07-25-2022, 08:46 PM)dfrecore Wrote: I would suggest that you work backwards from your ultimate goal: meaning, if you want a Master's degree from Rutgers, figure out what you need to get accepted, and then plan your bachelor's degree from there.

I'm not certain why you're choosing Rutgers though.  Again, it feels like you are choosing schools out of the blue, because you heard a name once somewhere.  Is there a reason to go with Rutgers?  Do they have a specific degree you want?  Do they have some sort of program that will give you an edge in your expected profession?

For someone without any experience in the field you want to work in, I agree that an advanced degree MIGHT be helpful.  But really, you should think it through and then tell us what you want to achieve here.  Which master's degree you want, why you're choosing a particular school, what you need to do to get accepted (your application package probably will not have much in the way of experience so you're going to rely on grades is my best guess), and then how many graded credits you need to get in (30? 60? GPA you're shooting for).

you are absolutely right, i only chose Rutgers because i saw someone say that they tend to accept TESU grads for their masters programs. I should probably stay focused on getting my bachelors first and let the rest figure itself out. i might not even need a Masters.
It's great you're answering questions and that's how we can guide you better, by knowing what you're thinking. From the looks of things, you haven't "fully" decided on TESU. I would keep options open, so complete your CLEP French and Sophia.org courses, I would select a degree/school of choice, soon if not right now. A few members including myself mentioned UMPI. It may be your ticket as it only requires 10 easier courses as residency instead of two at TESU, but UMPI will be cheaper, easier, and faster in the long run. So, my suggestion is similar to what I mentioned: BABA or BLS at UMPI with a concentration or sets of minors you're interested in. Follow the wiki and their Yourpace website to see what concentration paths are available...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(07-26-2022, 12:30 AM)defmo Wrote: you are absolutely right, i only chose Rutgers because i saw someone say that they tend to accept TESU grads for their masters programs. I should probably stay focused on getting my bachelors first and let the rest figure itself out. i might not even need a Masters.

Yes, exactly. Concentrate on the immediate goal of getting the bachelor's that will fit your goals. A grad school application is very much a package. Work experience, accomplishments and recommendations are considered in addition to GPA and the school you attended. If you're willing to work for a couple years (or more) in your field before embarking on a master's, it's not going to so much where your bachelor's is from or how many graded credits you have.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 503 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 448 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 466 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 15 2,285 04-04-2024, 08:08 AM
Last Post: Kones
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 258 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,221 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 231 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 370 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 300 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 277 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27