Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU: Incorrect template somewhere on here
Is anyone able to correct an incorrect template that is listed somewhere on this forum?

Someone obviously has posted something showing TESU's C. KNOWLEDGE OF HUMAN CULTURES area as just needing 15cr, when that is absolutely not true (you need 3cr of a Social Science, 3cr of a Humanities, 3cr of a History, and then 6cr of any of the above).

I keep seeing people posting their degree plans with this incorrect info on it, and I'd love to know where it came from, and why it's still sitting wherever it is and giving people wrong info.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I highly recommend prospective students to verify the information on the degree website and also on the catalog as sometimes there are mistakes.
TESU degree offerings: https://www.tesu.edu/academics/online-degrees
TESU catalog link: https://tesu.smartcatalogiq.com/en/Curre...rtificates

People should also note that they've got general education requirements that are different for "catalog years", they run as follows:
For most students starting their journey, if they decide on TESU, the July 2021 and after is what you want to review.
Link: https://www.tesu.edu/academics/courses/g...on-courses

General Education Requirements for students with Catalog year July 2021 and After.
General Education Requirements for students with Catalog year January 2019 through June 2021.
General Education Requirements for students with Catalog year 2016 through December 2018.
General Education Requirements for students with Catalog year 2015 or before.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • SophiaPrincess
(05-07-2022, 09:33 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Someone obviously has posted something showing TESU's C. KNOWLEDGE OF HUMAN CULTURES area as just needing 15cr, when that is absolutely not true (you need 3cr of a Social Science, 3cr of a Humanities, 3cr of a History, and then 6cr of any of the above).

I keep seeing people posting their degree plans with this incorrect info on it, and I'd love to know where it came from, and why it's still sitting wherever it is and giving people wrong info.

Here's my guess of "where it came from".

I guess people are seeing it on TESU's site that way and not understanding the break down of 3, 3, 3, 6.

in current catalog.... (using links bjcheung shared..  for example BALS)
it is listed as:
"C. Knowledge of Human Cultures (15 Credits) "

and it's not totally obvious to new students that it's with the breakdown that 3 must come from SS, 3 must come from HUM and 3 must be History.  then 6 of any.

Just like it is in section B with Civic and Global.  It's not obvious to new or soon to be new students that it's not just any 9, but a Diversity, Ethics, Civic engagement.

Sure, it's obvious to old timers and alumni.   But I haven't liked how the TESU site shows the break down since they changed it in 2021.  Even on the Gen Ed section of the TESU website it is not obvious right away that in C Knowledge of Human Cultures that Humanities and History are two sub categories.

just my guess of one place where it's confusing "giving people wrong info" (your words). And maybe there is a template from this forum that needs correcting. I don't know.
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

[-] The following 1 user Likes P226mem's post:
  • SophiaPrincess
(05-08-2022, 06:57 AM)P226mem Wrote:
(05-07-2022, 09:33 PM)dfrecore Wrote: Someone obviously has posted something showing TESU's C. KNOWLEDGE OF HUMAN CULTURES area as just needing 15cr, when that is absolutely not true (you need 3cr of a Social Science, 3cr of a Humanities, 3cr of a History, and then 6cr of any of the above).

Here's my guess of "where it came from".

I guess  people are seeing it on TESU's site that way and not understanding the break down of 3, 3, 3, 6.

in current catalog.... (using links bjcheung shared..  for example BALS)
it is listed as:
"C. Knowledge of Human Cultures (15 Credits) "

and it's not totally obvious to new students that it's with the breakdown that 3 must come from SS, 3 must come from HUM and 3 must be History.  then 6 of any.

Just like it is in section B with Civic and Global.  It's not obvious to new or soon to be new students that it's not just any 9, but a Diversity, Ethics, Civic engagement.

Sure, it's obvious to old timers and alumni.   But I haven't liked how the TESU site shows the break down since they changed it in 2021.  Even on the Gen Ed section of the TESU website it is not obvious right away that in C Knowledge of Human Cultures that Humanities and History are two sub categories.

just my guess of one place where it's confusing "giving people wrong info" (your words). And maybe there is a template from this forum that needs correcting. I don't know.

Yes, TESU's new breakdown is awful - as is the removal of all of the categories of electives that will work in the different degrees. It's very frustrating to deal with.

But I honestly think that someone somewhere has posted a template and just has KHC-15cr rather than breaking down what's actually required.  I've seen it in multiple places in the same way, and I think people are getting a template somewhere instead of getting it from TESU's website. I was hoping it was on our site somewhere and we could fix it.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
There's was a post last night where someone mentioned they got the info from a Facebook group. Maybe people are finding their way here from that group with the incorrect info?
You have to be a TESU student to be able to see the "real" breakdown. I liked the way the catalog was laid out before, at least for clarity. Now people think that you MUST take specific courses for even just their gen eds, even though that's not true. But I guess I prefer it that way to how COSC just outright stopped accepting most alt credit at all.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Another error I see if the BSBA CIS degree in the AOS
https://www.tesu.edu/business/undergradu...on-systems

There are only 3 UL courses listed when the required courses are 4UL in AOS.

TESU degrees overall are confusing because you can't tell the difference between required courses and suggested courses. 

For example, they list C programming as required when in reality, any programming course will fit there for BSBA CIS.

In General Ed they say "Select two featured courses from the list below"
That's a bunch of B.S., you don't need to select 2 courses or take ANY of those specific courses!
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 2 users Like LevelUP's post:
  • SaberTronnN, SophiaPrincess

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU Credit Transfer Evaluation colonelcamp 5 93 2 hours ago
Last Post: jch
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 20 2,561 Yesterday, 02:44 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 610 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 507 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 531 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 273 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,326 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 250 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 402 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 307 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az