Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU | Is it possible to do BSBA CIS & BA Computer science
Sorry but what is the purpose of doing a BSBA CIS and BACS together, aren't they similar at least in the IT area. I see some of the regular posters taking this combo too, is it because these 2 combo is the quickest/easiest path to a dual degree? I would think a BACS and BSBA in a concentration like Finance or HR would be more beneficial as they are vastly different degrees and could be useful for employment purpose. As I'm contemplating doing a dual degree in BACS and BSBA, just want to make sure I understand your rationale before deciding on my AOS.
(02-13-2021, 09:48 PM)robertsted Wrote: Sorry but what is the purpose of doing a BSBA CIS and BACS together, aren't they similar at least in the IT area. I see some of the regular posters taking this combo too, is it because these 2 combo is the quickest/easiest path to a dual degree? I would think a BACS and BSBA in a concentration like Finance or HR would be more beneficial as they are vastly different degrees and could be useful for employment purpose. As I'm contemplating doing a dual degree in BACS and BSBA, just want to make sure I understand your rationale before deciding on my AOS.

They have some of the same courses in the AoS.  I personally don't love dual degrees, if you NEED both, I'd suggest a BACS and then an MBA.  But that's just my take.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
BSBA CIS and BA CS are a relatively easy way to get both a business degree and a CS degree. With Sophia, it only requires a few extra classes (beyond the CS degree) to get the BSBA CIS. Not everyone wants or needs to spend thousands more on an MBA when a BSBA will do just fine.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(02-14-2021, 07:52 AM)rachel83az Wrote: BSBA CIS and BA CS are a relatively easy way to get both a business degree and a CS degree. With Sophia, it only requires a few extra classes (beyond the CS degree) to get the BSBA CIS. Not everyone wants or needs to spend thousands more on an MBA when a BSBA will do just fine.

Not entirely certain why you'd spend the extra time & money on one or the other, you need separate capstone for both.  At least $1557 for the extra capstone plus additional courses.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Thanks guys for the comments, ok now I get why people are doing both degrees at the same time. Getting both a CS and business degree sounds like a great proposition, I would think the business degree is like a mini-MBA with less effort and money than a real MBA if taken together at TESU as a package, more so with the CIS concentration where 9 credits can be shared. Yes the additional capstone is a dread I don't look forward to though.
Since u have desire to pursue both why dont use other AOS in Business degree? Yes u will have to take few extra courses (which can be done though alternative sources). But it will make u more knowledgeable and maybe give u more opportunities in the future?
(02-14-2021, 09:39 PM)Cofffeee Wrote: Since u have desire to pursue both why dont use other AOS in Business degree? Yes u will have to take few extra courses (which can be done though alternative sources). But it will make u more knowledgeable and maybe give u more opportunities in the future?

Indeed, I have my eye set on the Finance AoS as that's part of my current job scope. I don't think I'll pursue an MBA after getting my BACS but wouldn't mind a business degree to complement future work needs.
(08-06-2020, 07:13 PM)Cofffeee Wrote: Dont think so. They will tell you its 2 similar degrees. You will have to choose one or change one

Yeah that is what I thought. Maybe they have since changed policies but I remember someone posted here that they tried to do to both and TESU didn't let them.

Oh wait... I just remember it was actually BS IT and BA Comp Sci they didn't let them do together. But still, check with TESU and get it confirmed before you start and realize it isn't allowed.
(02-14-2021, 08:35 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(02-14-2021, 07:52 AM)rachel83az Wrote: BSBA CIS and BA CS are a relatively easy way to get both a business degree and a CS degree. With Sophia, it only requires a few extra classes (beyond the CS degree) to get the BSBA CIS. Not everyone wants or needs to spend thousands more on an MBA when a BSBA will do just fine.

Not entirely certain why you'd spend the extra time & money on one or the other, you need separate capstone for both.  At least $1557 for the extra capstone plus additional courses.

Because, compared to an MBA, a BSBA CIS is only a little more expensive. With the exception of the ENEB MBA, most MBA programs cost many times $1557 and take a lot longer to complete. So, if you don't need an MBA but you still want to be able to show that you have a little bit of business knowledge then a BSBA CIS could be a great option. It's not going to work for everyone but it does make sense sometimes.

(02-14-2021, 10:38 PM)natshar Wrote:
(08-06-2020, 07:13 PM)Cofffeee Wrote: Dont think so. They will tell you its 2 similar degrees. You will have to choose one or change one

Yeah that is what I thought. Maybe they have since changed policies but I remember someone posted here that they tried to do to both and TESU didn't let them.

Oh wait... I just remember it was actually BS IT and BA Comp Sci they didn't let them do together. But still, check with TESU and get it confirmed before you start and realize it isn't allowed.

Since my initial post in this thread, I thought about it and I decided to go after both the BSBA CIS and the BS CS. It is very much allowed. It won't make sense for everyone but it makes sense for me.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • Leedeedee, Zardoz
How many alternative credit can u get in aos of bscis Which ones from Sophia. I figure Econ 1 and 2 but what else ?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 695 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,976 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  ASNSM in Computer Science and TEEX Cybersecurity? Shorn27 2 359 03-18-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 258 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Has someone transferred Study.com science corses with labs and correctly transfered etwelding2019 1 205 03-03-2024, 12:20 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 267 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,157 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 391 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP