Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU LIB-495 Liberal Arts Capstone Course
(12-11-2018, 07:30 PM)zzzz24 Wrote: Do the assignments have to be a certain length compared to the final project?

Any tips on research?
I am thinking it's probably best to compile sources for each topic/sub-question so that it's easier to look back at it once you start to write.

From my general observation, each chapter should have 3-5 pages. Your final should be 24 pages or more and your ability to do in-text citations should be considered when you do your research or your going to have to go back a make your annotations. So when you gather your information make sure to have the exact page number so your citation is 100% correct. Also if you have articles our writings on the internet you may have to cite yourself or your writing style may show up as plagiarism when it's checked.
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
Studying Project Management, History, Business, Foreign languages, and culture. 
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
TESU BALS Social Sciences Confirmed 2019
UAF Foreign Languages German 2019 Finished 
City of Ur - 2019 Capstone is here
I need to brush up on in-text citations I think. I skipped them a lot on assignments and just put everything in the references section for the most part.
I mostly used a citation generator, not sure how accurate it was or not.
TESU BALS: Awarded June 2019
Credits:
TESU: LIB Capstone 3cr, Cornerstone 1cr 
Aleks: 3cr, Insurance Institute: 2cr NFA: 1cr 
Sophia: 2cr Straighterline: 48cr TEEX: 6cr 
Study.com: 18cr B&M: 77cr
(12-12-2018, 09:28 AM)zzzz24 Wrote: I need to brush up on in-text citations I think. I skipped them a lot on assignments and just put everything in the references section for the most part.
I mostly used a citation generator, not sure how accurate it was or not.

It's really difficult but you do need to keep track of page locations where your information comes from. Let's assume you have a source cited on your sources page with the last name of ZZZ24 and you are using information from page 34 in the report. I would then cite (ZZZ24 1) after the quote or statement assuming MLA format. There are other ways but I use this most of the time.
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
I have just completed the BALS Natural Science/Math program and my TESU LIB-495 course this past October. My research topic was Secondary Earth Science Education Standards with focus on New Jersey's adaptation of NGSS core standards. I'm not sure if I'm going to teach, but I figured having a body of work related to education wouldn't hurt if I went that route.

Some insight:
- I did not purchase any additional course materials, including the textbook which was a free Pdf download
- I chose to do a traditional research paper along with a simple project web page
- I spent a total of 12 hours a week researching and writing, and an additional 6 hours my final week putting it all together
- Its a very repetitive process completing each section of the project
- My mentor was Adrew Tomko; he was helpful during the process and provided adequate feedback
- My paper was 36 pages, including an appendix that was 6 pages of education standards
- All of my research was online; I utilized the state online library and TESU research portal and found 16 References
- My final grade was an A-
Sounds like a lot of work.

Any tips on starting it in advance?
Decide on a topic/additional questions and break each research component down into each question?
Credits:
In terms of discussion posts, what exactly are you discussing with others to receive percentage marks?

I understand for the BSBSA capstone they have case studies, but for the lib capstone it's your own research paper. so what are you actually discussing?
Credits:
(12-16-2018, 03:02 PM)zzzz24 Wrote: In terms of discussion posts, what exactly are you discussing with others to receive percentage marks?

I understand for the BSBSA capstone they have case studies, but for the lib capstone it's your own research paper. so what are you actually discussing?

Simple topics like this. "Share with your classmates some of the topics you are considering exploring or showcasing in your capstone project. If you have already determined a topic or subject, suggest alternatives that would interest you if it were not possible to pursue your first choice for any reason."
(12-15-2018, 01:56 PM)zzzz24 Wrote: Sounds like a lot of work.

Any tips on starting it in advance?
Decide on a topic/additional questions and break each research component down into each question?

I had an idea for my topic about a month before my course began. My original topic was common core science standards, and that was narrowed down to New Jersey specifically, at my mentor's advice. With that said, if you begin early, pick a topic somewhat broad, and begin research- you can always narrow it down throughout the project. You will need a topic question, and at least three sub questions that help answer your topic question and I suggest at least 15 references. You can begin all of this early, however there is always the risk, albeit small, of having to choose another topic. I had all of the above on day one, with the mindset of turning each assignment in early, and it worked as I never fell behind. Also, I took the guided study course so there were no discussions.
(12-16-2018, 06:06 PM)vetvso Wrote:
(12-16-2018, 03:02 PM)zzzz24 Wrote: In terms of discussion posts, what exactly are you discussing with others to receive percentage marks?

Simple topics like this. "Share with your classmates some of the topics you are considering exploring or showcasing in your capstone project. If you have already determined a topic or subject, suggest alternatives that would interest you if it were not possible to pursue your first choice for any reason."

Any updates on how your capstone is going?
Credits:
Quiet with the holidays and I will update everything soon.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 16 2,345 Yesterday, 11:51 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 529 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 456 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 480 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 260 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,234 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 233 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  LIB 4950 Capstone GS or OL evenFair23 9 530 03-31-2024, 12:07 AM
Last Post: ivanswk78
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 376 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 300 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az