Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
TESU SOS-110 Update
I requested for ASNSM to be added just last week, and they have listed the TESU Cornerstone course in it. I completed it in December 2018. So, like Merlin says, they might sort it out for you if you just went on a call and requested. It’s the usual TESU behaviour of the left not knowing what the right is doing!  Smile
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math): 124 Cr.

TEEX(6): Cybersecurity 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Essentials of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psychology, Ethics in Social Sciences, Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Special Ed. History & Law, Differentiated Ed., Classroom Management, Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Research methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Molecular & Cellular Biology, Comparative Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 
I'm about to LOSE my mind-- here is the response I got from TESU about adding the ASNSM to my hubbys already existing BSBA and BS Tech Studies (2018 catalog) SEE BELOW:

Thank you for your email. When students change or add a degree from one school at Thomas Edison (Business) to another one at Thomas Edison (Arts), they are required to follow the degree requirements of the most up to date year. Students following the 2019a catalog year are required to complete SOS-110 Living in the Information Age, which is a 3 credit course that does not include any textbooks or tests. Completing TES-100 would not waive you from SOS-110 for your Associates degree.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

Brian Muhlberger
Academic Program Advisor

I am angry and just want to rip his head off-- but I'm sure that won't get me anywhere. Can I get some help on gathering a response or maybe there is someone else at TESU that will help us better?
“Crazy people don't know they're crazy. I know I'm crazy, therefore I'm not crazy, isn't that crazy?” 

― Captain Jack Sparrow
My Goal: TESU BSBA GM & ASNSM-CS
Completed:  145+ Credits. Joined this forum October 2017 w/ 6 cr. Earned 117cr in 10 mo.!
*SL 54 Cr *Shmoop 30 Cr +/- *Aleks 6 *Study.com 30+*TEEX 11 *CPCU 2 *B&M 6 
In Process:  
APPLIED to graduate Sept 2019 Big Grin
(04-10-2019, 08:49 PM)scout2family Wrote: I'm about to LOSE my mind-- here is the response I got from TESU about adding the ASNSM to my hubbys already existing BSBA and BS Tech Studies (2018 catalog) SEE BELOW:

Thank you for your email. When students change or add a degree from one school at Thomas Edison (Business) to another one at Thomas Edison (Arts), they are required to follow the degree requirements of the most up to date year. Students following the 2019a catalog year are required to complete SOS-110 Living in the Information Age, which is a 3 credit course that does not include any textbooks or tests. Completing TES-100 would not waive you from SOS-110 for your Associates degree.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

Brian Muhlberger
Academic Program Advisor

I am angry and just want to rip his head off-- but I'm sure that won't get me anywhere. Can I get some help on gathering a response or maybe there is someone else at TESU that will help us better?

I'll repost my response to your private message here for reference for others since you posted their feedback here as well...

Well, that is unfortunate. They're usually pretty good about aligning that kind of thing and I know they have done this for others. If its a big deal to you, you can ask to speak to another advisor or challenge the ruling by going up the chain.

The only reason I added the ASNSM to my degree was because I was able to earn it without needing to take any extra courses; it was effectively free. If TESU refuses your challenge and insists that your husband take SOS-110 for his associates even though he already met the cornerstone obligation, I recommend just dropping the ASNSM degree.

Honestly, an AS doesn't matter at all once you have your BS so I don't think it's worth spending too much effort to fight for. Plus, in my opinion, it isn't worthwhile to pay $1100 and spending 3-months on a course you don't want or need to support an extra degree that doesn't add value or marketability.
In Progress: MBA in IT Management, Western Governors University (25/35cu | Sep 2019)
Up Next: Perhaps an MSCS or a DBA/DM/Ph.D.

Complete:
BSBA in Computer Information Systems, 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM in Computer Science, 2019, Thomas Edison State University

B&M CC: 8.68cr, TESU: 3cr, CLEP/DSST: 15cr, Study.com: 57cr, Straighterline: 19cr, ALEKS: 9cr, TEEX: 6cr, The Institutes: 2cr, Sophia: 2cr
(121.68 credits total. 95 credits earned in 10 months, with 45 of those earned in ~3 months)
Well, that's ridiculous. I was thinking of adding an AAS to my BSBA, but I'm not going to bother if that requires a $1k class when I've already completed the Cornerstone.
Working towards: TESU, BSBA-HR (90/120 units complete, goal to graduate in 2019).

Completed: B&M CC: 67 units applied Study.com: Principles of Management, Principles of Marketing, Computing, International Business, Library Science (15 units) Davar: Organizational Behavior (3 units) TESU: Cornerstone (1 unit) Free Courses: Institutes: Ethics (2 units), Sophia: Conflict Resolution, Leading Teams (2 units)

Currently Working On: Study.com: Org Theory, Leading Organizational Change, Managerial Accounting, Davar: Corp Communication
Courses Left To Go: Study.com (Finance, Employment Law, Microeconomics), Aleks or SDC (Statistics, College Algebra), TESU Capstone
(04-10-2019, 09:22 PM)Muldoon Wrote: Well, that's ridiculous. I was thinking of adding an AAS to my BSBA, but I'm not going to bother if that requires a $1k class when I've already completed the Cornerstone.

They must have just changed this a few days ago. Because as a BSBA student, I have played with the "what if" feature for many BA degrees just to see what would happen. Each time, it would show as TES-100 would work I'm done with all gen eds. But now, I just checked and it now requires SOS-110. Weird.
Earned: AA, AAS, AGS
147 credits

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU LIB495 - No help, withdrawing from it. Thoughts? Coastie63j20 18 637 4 hours ago
Last Post: writersblock
  Tesu Residency Requirements SweetsugarNL 24 396 5 hours ago
Last Post: natshar
  TESU Student Guide ??? tls7291 3 72 5 hours ago
Last Post: allvia
  TESU Accounting Degree classes Rustydroid 6 257 8 hours ago
Last Post: Rustydroid
  TESU | How to change Degree program akr680 6 99 Yesterday, 11:25 PM
Last Post: akr680
  The best strategy to complete BSBA in TESU, help. cecilgambe7 4 136 Yesterday, 09:24 PM
Last Post: natshar
  BSBA in International Business from TESU dosorio02 0 48 Yesterday, 09:03 PM
Last Post: dosorio02
  TESU or COSC? For BSBA gingermama 2 177 Yesterday, 05:43 PM
Last Post: gingermama
  TESU Computer Science Updates Upper Level (UL) udi 19 1,005 Yesterday, 03:59 PM
Last Post: kphung29
  Saylor courses for TESU BSBA Marketing? gingermama 6 180 Yesterday, 04:47 AM
Last Post: dfrecore