Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Second Degree Planning
Alright now with my BALS done last June and with additional funding coming in by Q3 2020 I am looking to get another BA or BS. I will have 100% tuition coverage from my employer once I hit a certain date after they approve the degree and classes. MBA would be approved but it's something that interests me. I already have 20 years working internationally and would consider something that resides around my interests in International Business studies. I am currently in my second year of German and took Mandarin when I lived in Taiwan.

My interests are:

History
Anthropology
Business
Languages
Industrial Psychology 

If I stay with TESU I would do a dual Major. I don't want to spend more than the costs of tests and the required fees. The wiki seems to have most degree plans deleted and if anyone has any ideas and a current spreadsheet for any of these I would appreciate it.
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
Studying Project Management, History, Business, Foreign languages, and culture. 
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
TESU BALS Social Sciences Confirmed 2019
UAF Foreign Languages German 2019 Finished 
City of Ur - 2019 Capstone is here
(08-13-2019, 08:01 PM)vetvso Wrote: Alright now with my BALS done last June and with additional funding coming in by Q3 2020 I am looking to get another BA or BS. I will have 100% tuition coverage from my employer once I hit a certain date after they approve the degree and classes. MBA would be approved but it's something that interests me. I already have 20 years working internationally and would consider something that resides around my interests in International Business studies. I am currently in my second year of German and took Mandarin when I lived in Taiwan.

My interests are:

History
Anthropology
Business
Languages
Industrial Psychology 

If I stay with TESU I would do a dual Major. I don't want to spend more than the costs of tests and the required fees. The wiki seems to have most degree plans deleted and if anyone has any ideas and a current spreadsheet for any of these I would appreciate it.

Looks like I will have some money left over after I get my German classes paid for. I'm thinking about testing out of the history classes that I have not done before and then move to some others.
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
Here is my current plan for my TESU BA History and I may switch schools. I'm most likely going to have several area od concentrations within this new degree. I can take additional online classes and get UAF in-state tuition if need be and that seems to be my cheapest route. I will also see where things lie once my degree transfers into UAF and how they use my DSST history courses. Historically UAF has gone to great efforts to not allow my tests to fulfill my major and makes them electives.

I have taken information from Mysonx3's BA in History here: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/My...in_History

Study.com will be on ACE so I will be able to review several schools on how they apply these. I have no experience with them so I will need to give them a try after all classes in red are completed.

Here is a link to one of the options I'm looking into at UAF https://catalog.uaf.edu/bachelors/bachel...istory/ba/

UAF Costs:
100-200-level $223/credit 300-400-level $269/credit 600-level $513/credit

As you can see these would fill several gaps. Asian History does not seem to be online right now but after the University of Alaska system fully integrates into one school, I think more will be offered online.

These are availabe online with UAF Fall/Spring semestor
UAF E-campus:
F100X Modern World History
HIST F275 Perspectives on History
HIST F404 Modern Scandinavia
HIST F455 Military History

UAA E-campus:
HIST A377 Historiography: The Uses and Abuses of History
HIST A418 Tudor and Stuart England
HIST A431 America: Colonies and Revolution
HIST A437 Slavery and the Civil War
UAS E-campus:
HIST S440 The Western Movement

Western Civilization I/ – Done and Apart of my BALS
Western Civilization II/ – Done and Apart of my BALS
American History I – Done and Apart of my BALS
American History II – Done and Apart of my BALS

Non-Western/Non-U.S. History – I will take another course from UAF or another school.
Historical Methods/Historiography – I can use UAF for this.
LIB-495 Liberal Arts Capstone – TESU when the time comes or UAF if them except everything into the degree.

Survey of World History – Straighterline
Civil War and Reconstruction – DSST, Study.com
History of the Vietnam War – DSST, Study.com
World History from 1600 to Present – TECEP
US History from Settlement to Present Day – Study.com
The American Civil War Era – Study.com (UL)**
American Civil Rights Movement – Study.com
Causes and Effects of the Vietnam War – Study.com (UL)**
War & American Society – Study.com
The Holocaust & World War II – Study.com (UL)
Turning Points in Modern History – OnlineDegree.com
World Conflicts Since 1900 – UExcel
Eastern European Jewish Immigration and Settlement in the United States – Coopersmith (UL)
Jewish Participation in the Garment Industry – Coopersmith (UL)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 696 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,976 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Electronics Engineering degree plan advice trailbounder 5 280 03-18-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: davewill
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 261 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Is an academic certificate a degree for the purposes of "new" credits? Am I screwed? ItsNeverTheLionsYear 3 238 03-13-2024, 08:53 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 267 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Double Degree How To kowenboy 3 236 02-29-2024, 01:05 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Tough Dual Concentration BS Degree Possible??? GameSlinger 7 606 02-28-2024, 04:31 AM
Last Post: GameSlinger