Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU Transcript Processing
Has anyone had any luck contacting TESU about getting transcripts evaluated faster? Last week I transferred 24 credits from Study.com to TESU and need these added to my academic eval ASAP so I can register for the March Capstone. 

Anyone have any tips, tricks, or advice on reaching out to TESU about this? 

Thanks!
TESU BSBA Accounting 2019 (In progress)
Have you spoken with any academic advisors before? I had some problems getting things squared away so I could register for the capstone. I was in email contact with academic advisors and my transcripts were evaluated that same day. Later, I sent an update on my status and let them know that I had submitted a transcript for certain classes - even adding the caveat that I knew it took awhile to process but I just wanted to keep her updated- and they were processed that same day. So I would just send an friendly email to academic advising and see what happens.
BALS-Humanities from TESU - June 2019

CLEP - A&I Lit, US History 1, US History 2, West Civ 1, Intro Sociology, American Lit, Humanities, Soc. Sci & History, English Lit
Sophia - Intro to Info Tech, Art History 1, Visual Communications, Managing Conflict, Building Effective Teams
Study - Personal Finance, Comm 120, Math 97, Bus 121, Lib Sci 101, Eng 104, Nutrition 101, Eng 105, His 108, Pol. Sci 102, Earth Sci 104, His 308, Bus 313, His 102, Eng 305, His 105, His 106, His 306, Geometry 101, Bus 324, Com 102
Institutes - Insurance Ethics
TESU - Cornerstone, Music History 2 TECEP, LIB Capstone

Further Credits - Sophia - Conflict Resolution, Enviro Science, Microecon, Intro to Stats, Into to Ethics, Found. of Stats, Ancient Greek Philosophers, Macroecon, Intro to Business, Project Management, Accounting, Art History 2
I sent in a study.com transcript on the 7th, and even got the email that the transcript has been received. But it is yet to be applied to my evaluation. I even wrote to my advisor last week asking why it is being delayed. No progress yet.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
Simply contact advising and tell them you want to register for the March capstone, and what credits you have waiting to be evaluated. They should either speed up the evaluation or go ahead and unlock registration for you. Advising gets a lot more accommodating when you are actually taking online courses vs. asking about transferring things in.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(02-19-2019, 11:48 AM)davewill Wrote: Simply contact advising and tell them you want to register for the March capstone, and what credits you have waiting to be evaluated. They should either speed up the evaluation or go ahead and unlock registration for you. Advising gets a lot more accommodating when you are actually taking online courses vs. asking about transferring things in.

I agree with davewill - adding that TESU is pretty consistent that transcripts following the initial application evaluation post on day 21 after they receive them (to a point it seems automated)
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

I am in the same boat. I submitted my ACE transcript bringing in 36+ credits on Feb 9- rec'd by TESU on Feb 11. I'm seeing my window close slowly(even though I'll pay the late registration fee)-- waiting for the eval to post. So I messaged advising yesterday asking to be added to the course, she said no. I replied stating that I'm waiting on my eval but should have all but one course completed, and I've noticed my case is now 'reopened', although I haven't received a response from her. Fingers crossed-- as I was hoping to have Prof. Lampman.
“Crazy people don't know they're crazy. I know I'm crazy, therefore I'm not crazy, isn't that crazy?” 

― Captain Jack Sparrow
My Next Goal: Pondering Masters Program ??
Completed:  145+ Credits. Joined this forum October 2017 w/ 6 B&M Credits. Earned 117cr in 10 mo.! Graduated Sept 2019 TESU BSBA GM & ASNSM-CS
*SL 54 Cr *Shmoop 30 Cr +/- *Aleks 6 *Study.com 30+*TEEX 11 *CPCU 2 *B&M 6 
In Process:  Pondering  Big Grin
(02-19-2019, 11:48 AM)davewill Wrote: Simply contact advising and tell them you want to register for the March capstone, and what credits you have waiting to be evaluated. They should either speed up the evaluation or go ahead and unlock registration for you. Advising gets a lot more accommodating when you are actually taking online courses vs. asking about transferring things in.

I told them I want to enroll for the April Capstone.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4

I've basically asked to have the registration unlocked-- and was told I had to wait for my eval to be completed. Looks like I am S.O.L. I have been unsuccessful at obtaining the 'Granted Petition to Enroll' for registration. And I've told her that I've completed EVERYTHING-- and it's on the transcript waiting to be evaluated.  Sad We'll see what she says tomorrow.
“Crazy people don't know they're crazy. I know I'm crazy, therefore I'm not crazy, isn't that crazy?” 

― Captain Jack Sparrow
My Next Goal: Pondering Masters Program ??
Completed:  145+ Credits. Joined this forum October 2017 w/ 6 B&M Credits. Earned 117cr in 10 mo.! Graduated Sept 2019 TESU BSBA GM & ASNSM-CS
*SL 54 Cr *Shmoop 30 Cr +/- *Aleks 6 *Study.com 30+*TEEX 11 *CPCU 2 *B&M 6 
In Process:  Pondering  Big Grin
(02-20-2019, 07:19 PM)scout2family Wrote:

I've basically asked to have the registration unlocked-- and was told I had to wait for my eval to be completed. Looks like I am S.O.L. I have been unsuccessful at obtaining the 'Granted Petition to Enroll' for registration. And I've told her that I've completed EVERYTHING-- and it's on the transcript waiting to be evaluated.  Sad We'll see what she says tomorrow.

I tried to register for the April LIB-495 Capstone today, but was held up due to a required "Granted Pettition" as well.
I have 111 credits already applied to degree, with a TECEP in progress, and a Study.com class waiting to be reviewed.
I guess I haven't paid enough attention to the requirements for registering for a Capstone.
I did open a ticket today, but the offices were closed due to storm here in NJ, I'll follow up in the AM.

What is a Granted Petition? I can't find any info about it in the forums.
TESU BALS/2019
Capstone LIB-495 April 2019
Study.com/NFA/Sophia/Cisco/Institutes
TECEP: 15 | University: 4 | DLIFLC: 45 | JST: 45 | TEEX: 6
(02-20-2019, 07:59 PM)sheptr Wrote:
(02-20-2019, 07:19 PM)scout2family Wrote:

I tried to register for the April LIB-495 Capstone today, but was held up due to a required "Granted Pettition" as well.
I have 111 credits already applied to degree, with a TECEP in progress, and a Study.com class waiting to be reviewed.
I guess I haven't paid enough attention to the requirements for registering for a Capstone.
I did open a ticket today, but the offices were closed due to storm here in NJ, I'll follow up in the AM.

What is a Granted Petition? I can't find any info about it in the forums.

I don't think I have seen the "Granted Petition" term used before, but I understand what it means. Basically, the capstone cannot be registered for until advising has granted your petition to unlock it. The requirements are that you have at least 100 credits evaluated on your academic record at TESU and that you have completed the majority of your AOS courses. The school's preference is that the capstone course be the final class you take before you apply for graduation, but they are happy as long as it is one of the last few you take.

I assume they have had problems with people dropping out of the capstone courses because they came in unprepared given they hadn't completed the AOS courses that are used to support the capstone. This seems to be a way to help ensure that more people complete the course. This seems valid to me, since I know we had at least 2 people drop out of my capstone cohort along the way.

Once you have met the requirements (which it sounds like you have done) you should only need to open a ticket or contact advising to ask them to unlock your capstone course for registration purposes, therefore granting your petition to register.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 13 728 10 hours ago
Last Post: LevelUP
  TESU Credit Transfer Evaluation colonelcamp 7 203 Yesterday, 10:16 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 20 2,606 04-23-2024, 02:44 PM
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 631 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 565 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 285 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,333 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 255 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 420 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 316 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az