Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU - When to apply/pay for graduation and how to get partnership discounts?
Hello, I want to make sure I play my cards right in order to graduate this year.
I am signing up for Study.com after my final SL C++ assignments and Sociology discussions are done.
I need to know what to accomplish/expect and the order I do them to get the partnership discounts.

If I apply for graduation for December, do I need to pay for grad fee/residency waiver right away?
How do I get partnership pricing with TESU? Is it an email or do I call them to let them know?
How many courses are required for Study.com to enjoy the benefits of partnership pricing?

Basically, I am about done with Straighterline courses and going to start my Study.com journey.
I asked about course alternatives here: http://www.degreeforum.net/showthread.php?t=29599
For reference, please see signature for courses and updates in my profile "About Me"
Goals: TESU BSBA GM (Added CIS) and BA Computer Science
BSBA GM - Added CIS AOS (CIS & GM completed)
BACS & Grad Plans (BACS instead of BALS w/NSM)

AAS ACS & ESST: Remaining - Associate Capstone
ASNSM CS: Completed, ASNSM Math: Remaining - Calculus I

Taking a majority of credits at Sophia.org, SL, and Study.com to finish these degrees
Updating my courses remaining by following forum advice, guide, spreadsheet & wiki
Lewis.Yim Wrote:Hello, I want to make sure I play my cards right in order to graduate this year.
I am signing up for Study.com after my final SL C++ assignments and Sociology discussions are done.
I need to know what to accomplish/expect and the order I do them to get the partnership discounts.

If I apply for graduation for December, do I need to pay for grad fee/residency waiver right away?
How do I get partnership pricing with TESU? Is it an email or do I call them to let them know?
How many courses are required for Study.com to enjoy the benefits of partnership pricing?

You can't apply for graduation without paying the fee. They have it set up where you pay the fee when you submit your application. The residency waiver has to be added by the bursar's office but you shouldn't wait till the last minute to pay it. If its not paid your application will never go anywhere. It will stay in the pending pile until the system shows you have met all financial obligations to the university. Just make sure you apply and pay by the deadline. They do the audit based on a first-come, first-serve basis but aside from that just make sure you pay it by the deadline.

To get partnership pricing just email advising. They usually add it within about 24 hours of the request. It gives you a discount on the tuition for the capstone and reduces the residency waiver to $1800 instead of $2500.
MTS             Nations University - September 2018
BA.LS.SS     Thomas Edison State University -September 2017
Yeah, you pay the waiver before you apply for graduation, or sometimes they might give a short extension of a couple weeks.

To get the pricing, you choose Study.com as your affiliation when you apply at TESU.

Do you know about the Guardian Scholarship? That gets you 6 Study.com classes free if you get it. 6 is enough for the affiliate pricing.

I called to get an extension on the resident waiver fee till the end of July. They made a note to my file. I paid the graduation fee today. So you can pay the graduation fee before the waiver if you plan ahead. FYI
Ideas Wrote:Yeah, you pay the waiver before you apply for graduation, or sometimes they might give a short extension of a couple weeks.

To get the pricing, you choose Study.com as your affiliation when you apply at TESU.

Do you know about the Guardian Scholarship? That gets you 6 Study.com classes free if you get it. 6 is enough for the affiliate pricing.

I'm on the Guardian Scholarship now, but I don't plan to enroll in TESU until sometime next year. In order to get the affiliate pricing, do I have to be enrolled at Study.com at the time of enrollment, or is my current 3-month (6 class) subscription sufficient? Thanks for the clarification!
Silly_Me Wrote:I'm on the Guardian Scholarship now, but I don't plan to enroll in TESU until sometime next year. In order to get the affiliate pricing, do I have to be enrolled at Study.com at the time of enrollment, or is my current 3-month (6 class) subscription sufficient? Thanks for the clarification!

You don't have to be current - I think transferring in a Study.com course is proof.

Please remember that the current affiliate pricing at TESU expires 6/30/18.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Silly_Me Wrote:I'm on the Guardian Scholarship now, but I don't plan to enroll in TESU until sometime next year. In order to get the affiliate pricing, do I have to be enrolled at Study.com at the time of enrollment, or is my current 3-month (6 class) subscription sufficient? Thanks for the clarification!

Just make sure you pay that residency waiver fee before pricing changes. You want that 1800 price and not 2500 or whatever the new discounted price may be. It will be good for a year so if you know you are well within the year you can pay it.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
Synicaal Wrote:Just make sure you pay that residency waiver fee before pricing changes. You want that 1800 price and not 2500 or whatever the new discounted price may be. It will be good for a year so if you know you are well within the year you can pay it.

Ugh. I definitely won't be ready to graduate for another 3-4 years. I wonder if they'll renew their affiliation & offer a similar deal on the residency waiver after 2018. I sure hope they do!
Silly_Me Wrote:Ugh. I definitely won't be ready to graduate for another 3-4 years. I wonder if they'll renew their affiliation & offer a similar deal on the residency waiver after 2018. I sure hope they do!
It's anyone's guess whether they will renew their agreement. It's fairly certain, however, that the discount on the residency waiver wouldn't be as good since TESU raised it shortly after the affiliate agreement went into effect with the $1800 price already in the contract, and that is why the discount is so steep.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
Silly_Me Wrote:Ugh. I definitely won't be ready to graduate for another 3-4 years. I wonder if they'll renew their affiliation & offer a similar deal on the residency waiver after 2018. I sure hope they do!

They have a deal until spring or mid 2019 already. But I think you should lock in the older catalog before July 1, 2018.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,923 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,616 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,021 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,580 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,668 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,291 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,547 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,282 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,320 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,816 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore