Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU and DSST transcript question
Hi. I’m hoping someone might be able to help me. I’m unsure what my next step should be. 

About a month ago, I purchased a DSST transcript to be sent digitally to TESU. Even though my account on Prometric indicated the transcript was received and downloaded, TESU is telling me they haven’t received it. From my research, it would appear that this happens a lot and getting in touch with Prometric has been very difficult. 

I need the scores on this transcrpit for my BA so I’m looking for advice. I was wondering if anyone has had the same experience and what you did to sort it out. Maybe you’ve figured out the best way to communicate and/or the best person to contact concerning transcripts... either with Prometric or TESU. 

Or would it just be easier to order another transcript to be sent digitally to TESU and have my credit card fight to get the last fee refunded?

I’m not even sure that’s the best step since I’ve talked to another individual who purchased a transcript 6 times and still hasn’t had the situation dealt with properly.

Also, as a side note, my first transcript sent to TESU was free but my social security number wasn’t correct so TESU wouldn’t accept it. I’ve fixed the ss# problem and purchased this other transcript that TESU states they haven’t received. The first transcript- they apparently still have on record ☹️.

Thank you in advance for your advice.
Question 
Although it's not particularly relevant to your situation, I just had a weird experience sending some DSST score reports to TESU.

In June 2021, I took several DSST exams at a local technical college. Two reports from early June arrived at TESU in about a month, but the three from late June had an issue. I continued to check OSS regularly, but they didn't appear in the list. Upon reaching the eight week mark in August, I emailed the TESU registrar. They quickly responded, stating that the score reports in question were never received. Then, I called Prometric/DSST at the 1.877.471.9860 number from getcollegecredit.com. After navigating through a complex phone menu, I was soon talking with a friendly representative. Upon hearing my story, she quickly verified my information in their computer system and told me to wait a minute. Apparently, a huge batch of greatly delayed score reports from my testing date suddenly appeared at their office the morning I called. The representative was unsure of the cause, simply stating that there was an unknown processing issue. While still on the phone with me, she wheeled over to the pile and began flipping through it. She found my exam records, confirmed that the details and school code were correct, and set them aside for mailing. Two weeks later, TESU finally received the documents.

Have you tried calling Prometric/DSST at 1.877.471.9860 about your issue? From my experience, I know that they have occasional processing problems with their records system. Maybe something was lost or delayed along the line. The rep I spoke with was quite helpful.
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
[-] The following 1 user Likes jch's post:
  • Dorothy44
(09-08-2021, 07:40 PM)jch Wrote: Although it's not particularly relevant to your situation, I just had a weird experience sending some DSST score reports to TESU.

In June 2021, I took several DSST exams at a local technical college. Two reports from early June arrived at TESU in about a month, but the three from late June had an issue. I continued to check OSS regularly, but they didn't appear in the list. Upon reaching the eight week mark in August, I emailed the TESU registrar. They quickly responded, stating that the score reports in question were never received. Then, I called Prometric/DSST at the 1.877.471.9860 number from getcollegecredit.com. After navigating through a complex phone menu, I was soon talking with a friendly representative. Upon hearing my story, she quickly verified my information in their computer system and told me to wait a minute. Apparently, a huge batch of greatly delayed score reports from my testing date suddenly appeared at their office the morning I called. The representative was unsure of the cause, simply stating that there was an unknown processing issue. While still on the phone with me, she wheeled over to the pile and began flipping through it. She found my exam records, confirmed that the details and school code were correct, and set them aside for mailing. Two weeks later, TESU finally received the documents.  

Have you tried calling Prometric/DSST at 1.877.471.9860 about your issue? From my experience, I know that they have occasional processing problems with their records system. Maybe something was lost or delayed along the line. The rep I spoke with was quite helpful.
Thank you for replying. I do appreciate it. I haven’t tried calling but I did email Parchment. I ended up purchasing another transcript and sending it to TESU. (Side question... how long should it take for a transcript to show up on your TESU account?) 

Parchment informed me that they would reimburse me for the first transcript as “a one time complementary offer” if I purchased another one to be sent to TESU. It was stressed as a one time event. Apparently, their records indicated that it was delivered and downloaded by someone at TESU.

TESU informed me that they never received it.

Now that I’ve sent a new transcript -I’m worried. It was sent electronically and Parchment informed me that TESU received it- Tuesday. It still hasn’t showed up on my student account.

What can I do if this one is lost as well? 

There needs to be some way for a student to solve this besides continuing to purchase transcripts UNTIL one eventually shows up on their record.

I have contacted TESU on Tuesday but there is still no response.

I wish there was a middle step available ... some way to know who downloaded the transcript at TESU after parchment sends it. 

I have decided I will not be taking another DSST exam  (even though I planned on it) because it is too difficult to get the transcript on my record.  ? Thanks for reading this.
Goal: BA in English (TESU)
91/120

In progress-Coopersmith: Medieval Hispano- Jewish Poetry
I got a similar runaround with TESU and Davar. Davar swore up and down that TESU had received it (a hardcopy) and TESU said they never got it. It was the last class I needed for my graduation evaluation too...

Honestly, I was just a squeaky wheel. I still think it was all on TESU's end. But I called basically every day until I got an answer.
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
Additional updates on my DSST case: TESU finished the pending academic evaluation, but didn't include any of the DSST credits - only other ACE credits sent in at the same time. I emailed TESU about this and they triggered another eval, but only included one of the DSST tests. I emailed them again and they did yet another eval on the same day finally fixing everything. That was far too much hassle. Both Prometric/DSST and TESU dropped the ball.
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
(10-15-2021, 01:31 PM)Flelm Wrote: I got a similar runaround with TESU and Davar. Davar swore up and down that TESU had received it (a hardcopy) and TESU said they never got it. It was the last class I needed for my graduation evaluation too...

Honestly, I was just a squeaky wheel. I still think it was all on TESU's end. But I called basically every day until I got an answer.

Did it cost you $30 each time you tried to send a DAVAR transcript to TESU?
91/120

No I just emailed them.
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
[-] The following 1 user Likes Flelm's post:
  • Oulton1
(10-15-2021, 02:02 PM)jch Wrote: Additional updates on my DSST case: TESU finished the pending academic evaluation, but didn't include any of the DSST credits - only other ACE credits sent in at the same time. I emailed TESU about this and they triggered another eval, but only included one of the DSST tests. I emailed them again and they did yet another eval on the same day finally fixing everything. That was far too much hassle. Both Prometric/DSST and TESU dropped the ball.

It’s one thing to have TESU keep trying to fix the issue and eventually sorting it vs. just repeating the same answer... “we don’t have it.”

It just appears as if a blame game is being played and I’m in the middle. (But I received a complimentary refund so I should be happy... as if the issue was mine.) ?

Needless to say ... I don’t really know what recourse I have ... especially since I really need that transcript to show up. 

Thanks for reading about my irritation.?
91/120

So Parchment sent a new transcript to TESU after I purchased another one. (The one time complementary refund still has not shown up) The transcript they sent does not belong to me. I checked Prometric and my account ends in the correct last 4 digits of my SS#... the one parchment sent Ends in someone else’s last four digits. ??

I can only imagine how much money I will end up spending on this issue. I am not writing for advice anymore... just sharing my frustration with a system that clearly doesn’t work properly. Thanks for reading. ?
91/120

<gasp> That's a parchment issue! The system most likely has issues with so many different schools/students all smashed into one... <sigh> too bad there isn't really a "one size fits all" system out there. Email both Parchment/TESU, be patient, stuff happens to any and every one, don't let it get to you, once you get past that, you're at the finish line! Picture that... <flashes you a picturesque set of flowers and sunshine>
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 695 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,976 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Quick question about MAN-3760 & MAN-3730 jg_nuy 7 475 03-20-2024, 08:53 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 260 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Age waiver question - 18 year old jg_nuy 26 2,046 03-01-2024, 06:26 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 267 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,157 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 391 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP