Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU classes
Hello, I have two questions for my TESU spreadsheet (degree, BSBA in accounting) 
(Key to spread sheet, if it has a school name, that means I've taken the class.)

1. Looking at the top of my spreadsheet, you'll find "INFO Literacy"  I took Analyzing and Interrupting Literature for TESU which gives me 6 credits. Can the other 3 credits full fill any of the other classes in "intellectual and practical skills?

2. Second question, right below Literature is "Diversity- Sociology/anthropology" Does that mean I can only do the Clep Sociology test, or the dsst anthropology test? Or can I do any of the other "Civiic and Global Leadership Courses" to complete that box? E.g "Ethics in America"?

Thanks a lot folks!

Attached Files
.png   BSBA in Accounting Spreadsheet (GE with Spanish or literature).png (Size: 373.15 KB / Downloads: 29)
1) Yes, the extra credits will go to Knowledge of Human Cultures or GE Electives (TESU codes it as LIT-291 3cr and LIT-292 3cr, like 2 separate courses).

*please keep in mind that this is only going to work in the Info Lit area if you're enrolled prior to Jan 2019, otherwise it has changed, and SOS-110 now is the only option for Info Lit, and so your A&I Lit courses would go in KHC or GE Electives.

2) Diversity has multiple courses that will work, Sociology & Anthropology are the most common exams for it, World Religions also works.  Ethics in America won't work there though.

That's one of my spreadsheets, and I use the taken and needed columns to show the credits in each.  So, once you take a course, you put the credits in the taken column, and put a 0 in the needed column.  Makes it easier to see exactly what you have.  If it's a PDF, I would just copy it to Excel and use it the way it should be, so it is way easier to read.  I also color in each row as I complete it, which also makes it easier to read.

Attached Files
.pdf   FishNDip.pdf (Size: 77.51 KB / Downloads: 16)
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Wow Ok, you even filled out the classes I've already taken! So is this the 2019 updated version of the courses I need to take for BSBA in accounting? This is all I need to be looking at for my degree? No other changes I hope.

Alright, so to get everything straight, the spreadsheet version I had was outdated and you kindly gave me an updated version, correct?

Second, how did you figure I could take Introductions to World Religions (REL-277) for my Diversity requirement? Aren't you suppose to look at what TESU CLEP is required? https://www.tesu.edu/academics/catalog/c...am-program
For example, I would normal look at my spreadsheet and see what's under. "Intellectual and Practical Skills" Then I'd look at the clep page and see what's under that same category. Unfortunately for Diversity, it's under "Civic & Global Learning." and the TESU CLEP page only has "Civic and Global Leadership Courses" So they're not quite the same, which confuses me!

Thanks for your help btw. Smile
Hopefully someone can explain to me how to tell which class will fullfilll my spreadsheet requirements.
So I don't think I updated much, except what you took.

I also didn't realize that you're only taking CLEP exams. Is that the case? You did not say that in your initial post. If it is, then you just need to look for the CLEP exams that fit in each area. If it's not, then looking at CLEP exams won't help much with other courses.

Regarding World Religions, it works in both areas you discussed.

Also, you didn't say whether you're an enrolled student, and what catalog you're in. When did you enroll?

I also don't know what EFSC is. Is that a school? If so, you don't usually get 6cr for a course like A&I Lit.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I'm not just doing Clep, I was just using Clep as an example.

I'm not in enrolled in TESU yet, I wanted to brush up on my Math as I take Algebra and other Math courses required for my degree. I didn't see a hurry for it. I will enroll this year though, and send all my credits to TESU.

EFSC just stands for a school, Eastern Florida State College. That's simply where I go for my Clep tests. When I transfer my credits to TESU, I should be granted 6 credits for it.
(05-21-2019, 06:53 AM)FishNDip Wrote: I'm not just doing Clep, I was just using Clep as an example.

I'm not in enrolled in TESU yet, I wanted to brush up on my Math as I take Algebra and other Math courses required for my degree. I didn't see a hurry for it. I will enroll this year though, and send all my credits to TESU.

EFSC just stands for a school, Eastern Florida State College. That's simply where I go for my Clep tests. When I transfer my credits to TESU, I should be granted 6 credits for it.

First, you should say CLEP instead of the testing center, since that makes a difference.

Second, here is where you should look to see what works in the GE: https://www.tesu.edu/academics/courses/2019-and-after.  Keep in mind that these are TESU's courses - so other courses will work here.

Here's an updated file.

Attached Files
.pdf   FishNDip.pdf (Size: 77.56 KB / Downloads: 12)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 695 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,974 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 258 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 266 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,156 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 391 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 568 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch