Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU multiple degrees policy
(02-01-2022, 06:50 PM)jsd Wrote: Man, it's a bummer that TESU won't even waive the application fee for Alumni, apparently. I just wanted to mess around with the "What If" evaluator again  Big Grin

Hmm? They waived it for me 2 days ago. Did you do the application as an Alumni? They give you a coupon code right before the payment screen that brings it to $0.
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
[-] The following 1 user Likes Flelm's post:
  • jsd
Awesome... Thanks for this. Admissions emailed me back and told me there is no alumni discount. Like usual, the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing over at TESU
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 1 user Likes jsd's post:
  • Flelm
Alright, applied and sent in my new transcripts that I've built up since leaving TESU. I'm hoping I don't have to re-send transcripts they already have, that haven't changed, that I sent in during my first run through TESU? It seems like an odd process since the application portal is separate than my existing student portal.

Georgia Tech

BA Psychology, 2016

BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Hi Everybody! How are you all doing? Hope you're all doing well. I have a question. If I graduate in June 2022 for my first Bachelors in Business Admin degree and I have 16 residency credits, do I need to take another 16 residency credits for my second Bachelors in Computer Science degree? How does that work? Please, can someone explain how this works?
Goals: TESU BSBA GM (Added CIS) and BA Computer Science
BSBA GM - Added CIS AOS (CIS & GM completed)
BACS & Grad Plans (BACS instead of BALS w/NSM)

AAS ACS & ESST: Remaining - Associate Capstone
ASNSM CS: Completed, ASNSM Math: Remaining - Calculus I

Taking a majority of credits at Sophia.org, SL, and Study.com to finish these degrees
Updating my courses remaining by following forum advice, guide, spreadsheet & wiki
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lewis.Yim's post:
  • jsd
I'm not sure what the policy is if you graduate at separate times. But, because of other policies, you should graduate all degrees at once if at all possible. Otherwise, you must get at least 24 completely new credits in order to get your CS degree. That can be a problem; it's easiest to just graduate with everything at once.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(02-02-2022, 11:26 AM)jsd Wrote: Awesome... Thanks for this. Admissions emailed me back and told me there is no alumni discount. Like usual, the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing over at TESU

If you are a veteran use MILVET and it should be free.
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
Studying Project Management, History, Business, Foreign languages, and culture. 
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
TESU BALS Social Sciences Confirmed 2019
UAF Foreign Languages German 2019 Finished 
City of Ur - 2019 Capstone is here
I totally forgot about how TESU literally takes a month+ to process applications and transcript reviews. Main I don't miss dealing with the administrative parts of TESU.

Georgia Tech

BA Psychology, 2016

BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

(01-20-2022, 05:17 PM)rachel83az Wrote: Thanks to Kab for pointing this out! According to https://tesu.smartcatalogiq.com/current/...of-Degrees TESU no longer restricts you to two degrees total, per level. Now, it appears that TESU themselves will only award two degrees total (per level), but you are allowed an "unlimited" amount of other degrees. 

Previously: if you had a BALS from COSC and decided that you needed a degree in English and a business degree to progress in your career, you could only get one of those from TESU. Or, if you had a Bachelor's degree from Spain and a Bachelor's degree from Italy, but you needed an American degree, your only choice at TESU would have been to get a Master's degree. 

Now, it seems you can already hold multiple degrees and still get a TESU degree at the same level!

TESU may not be the rock-bottom cheapest way to get "any" degree, but they are the cheapest/easiest way to get certain degrees. So, this is potentially great news for students.

This is not the case. Pasted below what TESU told my partner today on his credit eval. He does not even have a first degree yet.

WARNING - SECOND BACCALAUREATE DEGREE
Students who wish to earn a second baccalaureate degree must complete a minimum of 24 additional credits in the area of study/core beyond the date the most recent degree was completed.
Courses completed beyond the date all prior degrees were completed will be labeled as "NEW". Capstone courses can be considered as 3 NEW credits under this policy.
The University will not award a third baccalaureate degree.
Graduates of TESU who are returning for a second degree should note that the capstone courses LIB-495 (for the TESU BA degrees) and APS-401 (for certain BSAST degrees) are degree-specific and therefore will have to be retaken and will count towards the required NEW credit.
Based on University policy, all general education requirements, other than those considered specific degree requirements will be considered satisfied based on the completion of a first bachelor's degree from a regionally-accredited US institution. Your evaluation will show only those general education requirements that must be completed as part of your degree program.
It appears that you may be close to completing a bachelor's degree at Pennsylvania State University. If that degree is conferred prior to your completion of the TESU degree, you will be held to this policy.
Hm, I wonder why they'd remove the clear language about this in favor of the current wording that makes it look more lenient? I wonder if this is yet another case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Admissions have confirmed they would allow me to get a third degree. I applied and got accepted, and am in the middle of an evaluation.

I don't think I'll actually go through with it, but I can confirm that the policy has changed.

My still-in-progress eval does say my Liberal Arts capstone is satisfied by my previous degree, but I wonder if that'll be corrected after the evaluation is complete. Still waiting on my WGU transcript to come in.

Georgia Tech

BA Psychology, 2016

BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

[-] The following 1 user Likes jsd's post:
  • rachel83az

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU Credit Transfer Evaluation colonelcamp 5 100 4 hours ago
Last Post: jch
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 20 2,562 Yesterday, 02:44 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 611 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 509 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 531 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 273 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,326 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 250 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 402 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 307 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az