Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU no longer accepting SDC Cybersecurity
(01-30-2020, 06:45 PM)P226mem Wrote: I was looking at the transfer link. I noticed on SDC transfer list that the sdc 331 courses transfers as CYB 421 at TESU, but that he already has CYB 421 (1 credit version from teex transfer).  I don't know if that is what tesu was trying to say in the email about the specific course not being accepted, or something with that can be part of the appeal.  remove the teex 1 credit if the 3 credit sdc can happen? Or maybe they changed their minds altogether and that's a bad idea to ask.

The TEEX course was not originally on his Tech Studies evaluation. It was marked as 'duplicate' towards the bottom Under 'Other Courses'- the SDC course was on his evaluation in his AOS for 3 UL credits. TESU is saying their policy is changing and they are not going to accept SDC Comp Sci Cybersecurity courses, etc. We are planning on appealing.
“Crazy people don't know they're crazy. I know I'm crazy, therefore I'm not crazy, isn't that crazy?” 

― Captain Jack Sparrow
My Next Goal: Pondering Masters Program ??
Completed:  145+ Credits. Joined this forum October 2017 w/ 6 B&M Credits. Earned 117cr in 10 mo.! Graduated Sept 2019 TESU BSBA GM & ASNSM-CS
*SL 54 Cr *Shmoop 30 Cr +/- *Aleks 6 *Study.com 30+*TEEX 11 *CPCU 2 *B&M 6 
In Process:  Pondering  Big Grin
I got the same email an I AM PISSED. The course has been completely stricken from my transcript, even though I had been granted credit just a few days ago. I took the course right after Study.com got approval for transfer credit.

If this stands, I will take the one-credit exam at TESU, transfer in my remaining credits, get my transcript, and withdraw.
OnlineDegree
Intro to Marketing and Strategy ($9) | Intro to Microeconomics ($9)

Study
Intro to Managerial Accounting ($70) | Advanced Accounting ($70) | Managerial Accounting ($80) | Intermediate Accounting 2 ($90) | Intermediate Accounting I ($90) | Cybersecurity Policies & Management ($80) | Management Information Systems ($80) | Data Structures & Algorithms ($80) | Intro to Programming ($70) | Computer Architecture ($70) | Calculus ($80) Database Management ($80)
Systems Analysis & Design ($70) | Discrete Math ($80) | Intro to Operation Systems ($80)

Saylor.org
Intro to Computer Science I ($25)
@scout2family & @udi,

Are you saying that the SDC course had already been evaluated and applied to your TESU degree and they are now stripping/removing the credits? If so how long ago had it been applied? udi - what degree are you working on? TESU has been known to suddenly change there stance on a course as being excepted (going forward), but I have never known them to remove it from a student who had already had it applied to the degree.  

In example a few years ago SLs Organizational Behavior came into TESU as UL, then suddenly one day they said no it is now LL.  Many of us had already had it transferred in as UL, and TESU left it as UL.  Others here who had taken it at the same time (or prior) but had not yet sent their SL transcript in did not get the UL only LL (so it was not a earned by date of SL, it was a received by TESU date determination).  The same thing happened with Shmoop; those who already had their Shmoop evaluated and applied didn't lose their credits, only those after the announcement was made could not transfer them in. These examples is one of the key reasons it is often suggested here that you send TESU your transcripts often because you don't know when they may do this again (yes, you have to be enrolled status to get them applied).
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

That's really crappy, I'd be pissed. Taking this to Study.com now.

In the meantime, here are 2 courses that weren't mentioned by anyone else, and aren't Study.com:
DSST - Fundamentals of Cybersecurity comes in as CIS-344
TECEP - Network Technology comes in as CMP-354

My husband took the DSST and thought it was easy. I'd go take it today, it costs nothing to send it to TESU if you put in the school code when you take the exam. It's probably the very fastest option at this point.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • alab21
(01-31-2020, 10:05 AM)dfrecore Wrote: That's really crappy, I'd be pissed.  Taking this to Study.com now.

In the meantime, here are 2 courses that weren't mentioned by anyone else, and aren't Study.com:

My husband took the DSST and thought it was easy.  I'd go take it today, it costs nothing to send it to TESU if you put in the school code when you take the exam.  It's probably the very fastest option at this point.

I recall there was a post somewhere on this fourm that the DSST comes in LL now.

Also off topic but the substance abuse dsst comes in as LL now as well.
If it has already been applied to your transcript, I was under the impression they couldn’t remove it? What the hell is up with TESU. I’m going to knock out my remaining courses and transfer them in ASAP before they make some other insane change.
TESU September 2020 Graduate
Bachelor of Arts  in Liberal Studies with a concentration in Social Sciences

Sophia (3); Institutes (3); TEEX (21); CSM (3); CLEP (12); SL (45); InstantCert (6)Study (21) TESU (6)
I hear you, totally making me go faster, too!
BALS (Social Sciences) + ASNSM in CS - Sept 2022 TESU graduate
(01-31-2020, 10:05 AM)dfrecore Wrote: That's really crappy, I'd be pissed.  Taking this to Study.com now.

Maybe it's just me. But I'm not seeing that DSST on the TESU list.
https://www.tesu.edu/academics/catalog/dsst

and agreeing with nastar that dsst substance abuse now comes in at LL (see the same list).  SOS 104.  sigh
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

(01-31-2020, 10:38 AM)natshar Wrote:

My husband took the DSST and thought it was easy.  I'd go take it today, it costs nothing to send it to TESU if you put in the school code when you take the exam.  It's probably the very fastest option at this point.

I recall there was a post somewhere on this fourm that the DSST comes in LL now.

Well, that sucks.  I wonder what's going on with TESU?!?

The Cybersecurity DSST is still listed on ACE as UL thru 1/31/2021.  I'd check with TESU to see since it's not on their list.

The Substance Abuse DSST is now LL on ACE - looks like it retroactively applies back to 7/31/2019.  It was set to expire today 1/31/20202, so they must have hit a snag during the re-evaluation?  The other exams that were downgraded (Civil War, Vietnam, Soviet Union, Law Enforcement) were done on 7/31/2018, so I have a feeling there will be no UL DSST exams sooner rather than later.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would contact Study.com and tell them what's going on, and see if they can't help.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(01-31-2020, 11:26 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(01-31-2020, 10:38 AM)natshar Wrote:

Well, that sucks.  I wonder what's going on with TESU?!?

The Cybersecurity DSST is still listed on ACE as UL thru 1/31/2021.  I'd check with TESU to see since it's not on their list.

The Substance Abuse DSST is now LL on ACE - looks like it retroactively applies back to 7/31/2019.  It was set to expire today 1/31/20202, so they must have hit a snag during the re-evaluation?  The other exams that were downgraded (Civil War, Vietnam, Soviet Union, Law Enforcement) were done on 7/31/2018, so I have a feeling there will be no UL DSST exams sooner rather than later.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would contact Study.com and tell them what's going on, and see if they can't help.

I don't know the link but someone can find it, but someone confirmed TESU takes the cybersecurity dsst as LL now. There is a post on this fourm.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 699 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,978 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  ASNSM in Computer Science and TEEX Cybersecurity? Shorn27 2 360 03-18-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 261 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 268 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,158 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 392 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 726 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy