Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
TESU quietly raised the residency waiver fee on us by $500...
To add some emphasis... TECEPs count for residency as of May LAST year, not this year.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Whoa this is big news. I was pretty much done with all my required courses and I was just waiting for the May term to take the Capstone. I already paid tuition for the capstone and it was about $1422. But the residency waiver fee price hike is unexpected for my budget.

Does anyone know if I could pay for graduation before April 1st to lock in the old rates? I would be applying for September graduation.

edit: I just tried to apply for graduation on the website but even though I already paid tuition for the May term, I am still considered an "applicant". So I won't be able to pay graduation yet. Looks like I'll be stuck paying the credit card convenience fee as well as the price hike banghead
fcnew52 Wrote:Whoa this is big news. I was pretty much done with all my required courses and I was just waiting for the May term to take the Capstone. I already paid tuition for the capstone and it was about $1422. But the residency waiver fee price hike is unexpected for my budget.

Does anyone know if I could pay for graduation before April 1st to lock in the old rates? I would be applying for September graduation.

edit: I just tried to apply for graduation on the website but even though I already paid tuition for the May term, I am still considered an "applicant". So I won't be able to pay graduation yet. Looks like I'll be stuck paying the credit card convenience fee as well as the price hike banghead

not necessarily call the bursar office and ask to go ahead and pay the residency waiver. Also if you are a study.com member than apparently you will not be affected.
What does getting the waiver for study.com require. I thought I read completing a certain number of classes with them, but I could be wrong. Also, who do you contact to have this applied if you are already a TESU student and not an applicant?
**Update**

I sent an email to the TESU Academic Advising team, and they redirected my message to the Bursar's Office. If you are in a similar situation to that of mine, I hope this helps you guys.

The Bursar's Office automatically adds the Residency Waiver Fee at its current price to your account. Since I have the affiliate pricing for Study.com, it is $1800.
Once you pay the fee, the Bursar's Office will change your status from "CPAPP Corporate Choice Applicant" to "CPPEN Corporate Choice Enrolled".
This will allow you to pay for the graduation fee as well at the current price of $323 with no convenience fees if you decide to pay with a credit card.

The only issue I came across was that September Graduation is not available yet so I selected the June Graduation option. I know I don't qualify for June graduation but at least all my fees are paid off for now and I can worry about paying them later in the year(I have a 0% interest credit card for a year). Since I don't qualify for June graduation, I'm hoping the fee I paid is use-able for September graduation. We'll see what TESU says.
When do they charge the account this residency fee? I signed up and was accepted just a couple of days ago, I have not yet sent them my transcripts nor signed up for the BUS421 TESUP either. Was going to do that this coming week. Thanks
AAS WVNCC, completed 6/17. BS plan through TESU
Straighterline
Business Ethics 3 | Western Civilization 3 |Business Accounting 3 | Org Behavior 3| Intro to Nutrition 3 |Intro to Sociology 3 |US Hist I 3 |Intro to religion 3 |Anatomy & Physiology 3 |Intro to Communication 3| Macroeconomics 3| Microeconomics 3 |Business Law 3|English Comp 1| American History II 3 | Intro to Crim Just 3| American Gov 3|Accounting I 3|Business Principles 3| Business Stats|Cultural Anthropology|American History II| Account II|
Aleks College Algebra 3
TEEX CYBER102,201,301 6
JST 6
-------------------------------------------------------
84/120 Credits

In progress
English II |Financial Accounting|Intro to Envir Science
usually you pay it around the time you apply for graduation
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
jsd Wrote:usually you pay it around the time you apply for graduation

Thanks, anyone know if they offer any sort of veteran discount? They waived my initial $75 enrollment fee, curious if there were more discount(s) to be had?
AAS WVNCC, completed 6/17. BS plan through TESU
Straighterline
Business Ethics 3 | Western Civilization 3 |Business Accounting 3 | Org Behavior 3| Intro to Nutrition 3 |Intro to Sociology 3 |US Hist I 3 |Intro to religion 3 |Anatomy & Physiology 3 |Intro to Communication 3| Macroeconomics 3| Microeconomics 3 |Business Law 3|English Comp 1| American History II 3 | Intro to Crim Just 3| American Gov 3|Accounting I 3|Business Principles 3| Business Stats|Cultural Anthropology|American History II| Account II|
Aleks College Algebra 3
TEEX CYBER102,201,301 6
JST 6
-------------------------------------------------------
84/120 Credits

In progress
English II |Financial Accounting|Intro to Envir Science

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 3,925 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,616 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,022 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,580 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,668 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,291 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,547 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,282 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,321 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,816 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore